Recent Finds

13»

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,537 Posts
    Les Watson & Soul Time with The Panthers

• Damn that one is not cheap! Was that a find find or a market price find?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,537 Posts
    Damn that one is not cheap! Was that a find find or a market price find?

I cherry picked it out of a collection of turds (Montovani, Ferrante & Teicher, Ray Price etc.) in a Craigslist list ad. It's in rough shape but I bought it anyway because it's a tough one to find.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,536 Posts
    Embed code is not working.... But here are some fresh digs....

klezmer electro-thug beatsketan

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,220 Posts
    RAJ said:

Dang, what's that cover of Let The Sunshine In?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,536 Posts
    RAJ said:

Dang, what's that cover of Let The Sunshine In?

Dennis Coffey Trio - Hair & Thangs LP  = End to End Burner.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,220 Posts
    [little dude] How have I missed hearing that before LOL [/little dude]

Miami finds

ketanklezmer electro-thug beatsDuderonomy

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 2,639 Posts
    I skipped the local swap meet this month to make the drive up to San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay to do some fishing, sightseeing and hit some record shops for cheap finds. Stanley Cowell is a later repress of his '69 debut. Hugo Strasser has competent Santana covers ("Jingo" and "Black Magic Woman") and a monotonous alto sax take on "Paranoid" which is fun as a novelty. I did not have any Seeds or Fats Waller before, so a couple bucks well spent. Sealed cutout of Oliver Lake's debut as a leader, which was appropriate since I was listing to Pheeroan Aklaff and his other projects during the three hour drive to hold me over. "Adios Amigo" is the soundtrack to Fred Williamson's answer to "Blazing Saddles" and "Trinity" and the one of the many 70s Westerns he did after the trend died down. 

BB: great job with with the Coke. The model on the left of that Chic is Valentine Monnier.
    billbradley

Years ago I saw Sky Saxon from The Seeds at the Austin Record Convention. I didn't know who he was when I first saw him but his style oozed rock star status. Then a dealer next to me explained who he was walking around and it made sense. He passed away the following year. RIP. 

• Just hit me the utter classicness of finding Coke in Miami
    billbradleyDuderonomy