Rap You're Liking

Comments

• RustledustRustledust 48 Posts
    ketan

• Your Old Droog & Edan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHC7TRlfLW4

Wall-Of-Fame in effect. Near the end Edan pulls out a Jack Bruce plus another I don't recognise? Is the second the record he's juggling?

Always nice to see a) Edan DJing b) rapping over live beat juggling... and I am not anti-throwback style rapping, droog's nice.

BTW to embed you do "share>embed" on youtube, copy the long bit of HTML, then before pasting on SS you click the </> button for HTML mode. Just re-learned that for the millionth time myself.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Your Old Droog & Edan:

Wall-Of-Fame in effect. Near the end Edan pulls out a Jack Bruce plus another I don't recognise? Is the second the record he's juggling?

did the landlord not turn the heat on in that apartment?

• real New Yorkers:
    - never not wearing Timbs even at the beach
    - never not wearing at LEAST 2 hoodies
    - NEVER turn on the heat
    - sleep in a birds nest
    ketan

every knows that on the first day of October the landlord sets the heat to TROPICAL and the pipes all start clanging

I'm not expecting them to be wearing moccasins but they should at least take their coats off, get a little comfortable

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Your Old Droog & Edan:

Nice.  The gas pedal is tite.

Is that an OG Rammellzee + K-Rob?

Is that Edan's real hair??

Stunna 4 Vegas finally dropped his album and it's better than I expected.  I like him as a rapper but a lot of the loosies were getting a bit indistinguishable, so it could have gone either way.  (Some of you are going to HATE this.)

coming across all these videos that i didn't know existed for old songs (wish they didn't cut out freeway)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ounggym4X-Q
    another year-old-old-droog track, but I prefer conway's verse on it

Beatnick Dee

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ketan said:
    Stunna 4 Vegas finally dropped his album and it's better than I expected.  I like him as a rapper but a lot of the loosies were getting a bit indistinguishable, so it could have gone either way.  (Some of you are going to HATE this.)

It's uhm, differnt. Who was it that first cursed the world with that triplet rhyming style? Please make it stop.

ketan said:

It's uhm, differnt. Who was it that first cursed the world with that triplet rhyming style? Please make it stop.

Lord Infamous and Koopsta Knicca (RIP)  from Triple 6 Mafia pioneered the triplet rhyme style. They accused Bone of biting their style and dissed them for it.   

Migos should be paying their estates royalties. 

ketan said:

He's a got a unique voice to me, and him and DaBaby have carved out something fresh in terms of beats. 

They could both stand to grow in terms of their content.

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    ketan said:

Super refreshing hearing YG on a beat like this. He killed it. That Loko song has grown on me..

ketan said:

Super refreshing hearing YG on a beat like this. He killed it. That Loko song has grown on me..

Yeah, there are a string of joints on the new album... 

YG - this reminds me of mid-era Ice T so much (and check out those shoes) Day Sulan - pls discuss Going back to so much Nipsey these days Also going back to the last Jay Rock album Q's album has some joints Stunna and Baby Marsha and Tity Boi (GTA5 fan vid!) I'm looking forward to Ty's next album the most tbh 4 the culture

A lot of good horrorcore-type ish out these days

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    IMO, J.I.D is Atlanta's answer to Kendrick. 

- Damo
    Duderonomy

dude rockin' a Real Madrid jersey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKtmBSwpzt0
    https://youtu.be/TKtmBSwpzt0
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    How many beats can you name?  I've been sleeping hard on Alchemist!
    ketan

^^ Is it just the one video you're trying to share? I have long ridden - I put him up there with the greats. So much depth in terms of the styles he can lay down.

ketan said:

^^ Is it just the one video you're trying to share?

Yes. :Facepalm:

Thanks. I’ve probably heard a few of his beats and not known it was him, but everything in that vid is heat.

ppadilha said:
    dude rockin' a Real Madrid jersey

LOL, my first reaction too. UP THE ARSENAL!

• Hi Strutters

I do a new raps show with my friends and should get round to promoting it a bit more. 

Latest show features new Down South, Bay Area and New York Raps and a vinyl mix of Money Boss Players / Minnesota related material but we also have a back catalogue to trawl through if you want to hear more recent Regional Rap music. 

I play this new Jim Jones Summer banger, the whole tape is surprisingly great.
    ketan

A Minnesota mix sounds grand

Kirk is crazy

Some of the Yandhi leaks are interesting for sure. I can't stop looking at the Bieber and Postie parts. I can even forgive the patois. Lauryn really killed it on this Feels great hearing GURU again lbnl
    klezmer electro-thug beats