The Strut on Instagram (A 20th Anniversary Extravaganza)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2020 in Music Talk
I think it's a given that most people left on here follow me on Instagram or knows me on Facebook, but for those of you who don't....

The constructing of some new record shelves seen below and the joy of rediscovering my collection has inspired me to reboot the Soul Strut social media accounts.  That coupled with Soul Strut turning 20 in October seemed like the perfect storm.

If you haven't already, follow me on Instagram for vinyl pr0n and Soul Strut (T.R.O.Y.):

https://instagram.com/soulstrut/

Thanks!
DORcountmaculaOtis_FunkmeyerppadilhaJimsterstratasphereMoogMandj_cityboyLoopDreamsElectrode

Comments

• Yeah, been digging your posts! The shelves came out real dope! 

• Jealous of both the shelves and the collection, great looking stuff
    RAJ

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    His shelves are bigger than my house.
    billbradley

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I have given social media up. So yeah, nice timing.

I was spending way too much time in an endless loop of swiping and liking. I began to recognise addictive behaviour patterns so had to chiggidy-check myself.

Then I stumbled upon this video:

Which in turn sent me down a rabbit hole of digital minimalism, BJ Foggs Persuasive Technology Lab at Stanford, the realisation that I was being manipulated by Vegas shucksters and was no different to a fucking poker machine numpty.

So fuck it. im done.

And those shelves are sexual.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    nzshadow said:

I was spending way too much time in an endless loop of swiping and liking. I began to recognise addictive behaviour patterns so had to chiggidy-check myself.

Which in turn sent me down a rabbit hole of digital minimalism, BJ Foggs Persuasive Technology Lab at Stanford, the realisation that I was being manipulated by Vegas shucksters and was no different to a fucking poker machine numpty.

So fuck it. im done.

I hear you Alan.  I was the same way for about three years.  The best thing I did was delete the Facebook app on my phone.  I did that a couple years a go.  Now I check facebook about once a day on my laptop and barely ever post anything because it's too damn inconvenient.

I actually feel I've harassed Instagram to be a life compliment.  I'm diligent about who I add.. quality over quantity.  I also turned off push notifications so it cuts down on rampant glancing.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    hey y’all.

been a hot minute.

just got a single turntable for a belated birthday present and i think the dormant animal has awoken from its slumber.

might be seeing more of me around these parts.
    RAJDORppadilhaJimsterketanpara11axklezmer electro-thug beatsElectrode

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    nice.  are you still in mtl?  i think duder is moving there this summer...

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    nzshadow said:

So fuck it. im done.

Hey Alan I’m going to Auckland in November. What’s good in NZ? You still there?