Thank God, President Bush....

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
...is getting on with his life. Praise Jeebus, I guess since the GOP and Bush dont have anything to gain from the disater, they are just going to act like it isnt happening...this photo was taken yesterday

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    ...is getting on with his life. Praise Jeebus, I guess since the GOP and Bush dont have anything to gain from the disater, they are just going to act like it isnt happening...this photo was taken yesterday

he flew over nola today

what a comfort

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    His response IMO has been less than stellar

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    has he even made a response? Good thing all the National guard is overseas in a desert, good thing the millions earmarked for flood control went to the desert also...the dipshit better don a hardhat and get his ass there asap and take care of some shit or at least make an effort instead of photo ops lookin like a jackass...again, FUCK our president, he obviously doesnt give a shit about the situation...also the few conservative/Bush sympathisers on this board, I dont give a fuck what you have to say about your boy and this situation, HE HASNT DONE A FUCKING THING....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    He doesn't give a fuck, he doesn't have to get re-elected.
    What a bitch. You think he would have learned after the Tsunami AND 9/11 that even immediate lip service goes a loooooong way. But no, he just gives word that he is canceling his vacation and that the important thing is to stay the course in Iraq. Neo-cons don't like regular Americans at all. They have no idea what people deal with in American day-to-day life. Fuck all of them.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Can't you understand the importance of Bush going on with his own life? It's not like he lives in New Orleans--why should he have his life disrupted, then? I mean, what do you want him to be, some kind of leader or something?

• What the hell should he have done/be doing???

He's speaking right now, sounds like they're going to at least try to get some aid there.

Man, some of you guys kill me. Everything is Bush's fault. Im no fan of the dude either, but shit..

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Can't you understand the importance of Bush going on with his own life? It's not like he lives in New Orleans--why should he have his life disrupted, then? I mean, what do you want him to be, some kind of leader or something?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    What the hell should he have done/be doing???

He's speaking right now, sounds like they're going to at least try to get some aid there.

Man, some of you guys kill me. Everything is Bush's fault. Im no fan of the dude either, but shit..

he should be acting like he gives a shit, he isnt, he is taking pictures playing guitar, he shouldnt even be out making public appearances for PR...what the fuck, do you think that is appropriate behavior for a world leader when his fucking country is in crisis?!!?!?!?!?!? He should have been on TV YESTERDAY plaeding for his fellow citizens to give blood, donate food, he should be DOING SOMETHING, YESTERDAY, not today..A day late a nd a dollar fucking short, that is this man in a nutshell...did I say the hurricane was Bush's fault? Good, I hope they are going to TRY to get some aid there...you know if there is anything left after sending the money that should be there over to Iraq, we are the fucking USA, one of the richest countries on this earth, we should be prepared to take care of inevitable disasters, not TRY and help our people...again, fuck that ignorant redneck in a nice suit.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

he should be acting like he gives a shit, he isnt, he is taking pictures playing guitar, he shouldnt even be out making public appearances for PR...what the fuck, do you think that is appropriate behavior for a world leader when his fucking country is in crisis?!!?!?!?!?!? He should have been on TV YESTERDAY plaeding for his fellow citizens to give blood, donate food, he should be DOING SOMETHING, YESTERDAY, not today..A day late a nd a dollar fucking short, that is this man in a nutshell...did I say the hurricane was Bush's fault? Good, I hope they are going to TRY to get some aid there...you know if there is anything left after sending the money that should be there over to Iraq, we are the fucking USA, one of the richest countries on this earth, we should be prepared to take care of inevitable disasters, not TRY and help our people...again, fuck that ignorant redneck in a nice suit.

I agree with The_Hook_Up

(ok everyone head for the hills, clearly another disaster may be on the way)

• Yeah, I hear ya man. I don't disagree. But that's just being a fucking politician. Being a jackass.

• Eric, you must remember that GW Bush does not have the capacity for compassion.
    He has never been dealt a deep personal, emotional or psychological blow, thus he has no way to respond to other people's suffering or ill-fortune.

At this rate his private mind garden may believe that Mother Nature is an al-Qaeda operative.

• Eric, you must remember that GW Bush does not have the capacity for compassion.
    He has never been dealt a deep personal, emotional or psychological blow, thus he has no way to respond to other people's suffering or ill-fortune.

At this rate his private mind garden may believe that Mother Nature is an al-Qaeda operative.

One of the most poigniant things you've written on this board!
    In total agreeance here. I mean, how can Bush even begin to awaken otu of the la la land that he has been sleeping in for so long.
    From the cocaine to the filthy rich family - he is an ignorant mess right about now!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

maybe he could have started out yesterday by going off script
    (which included comparing the iraq ware to the high "morals fought for in WW II")
    & speak out about the disaster
    but
    he did cut is vacation short by 2 daze &
    he'll touch down in MS/LA friday for the photo op

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Eric, you must remember that GW Bush...... has never been dealt blow

Uh, Nephew my sources say different.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    PRESIDENTIAL BUSH

• he is fucking Nero, pickin' and a grinnin' while NOLA drowns...now tell me we aint fuckin Roman...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    For example...

6,000 National Guard members were mobilized in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida when the storm struck on Monday. They bumped it up to 8,000 and it's still not enough.

The Mississippi and Lousiana National Guard alone have over 7,000 troops in Baghdad.

So...

While it's utterly ridiculous to blame the hurricane on Bush, what happens in the week after should rest on his shoulders.

• pasepase 89 Posts
    he should donate his ranch to people displaced from this fucking hurricane. he should build houses on the whole fucking property and give it to displaced folks from Mississippi/ LA. This would be a brilliant PR move, and the righteous thing to do as the leader of a nation in trouble. he can buy another fucking ranch. they're moving all these people to the Houston dome now. fuck Bush.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i think the bottom line is, it's 2005, we're the number one superpower in the world, so some flood should be something easily dealt with considering the power and resources we have, not something that sends a large city into the dark ages. I always thought the point of progess was to make problems like this a thing of the past...

• For example...

6,000 National Guard members were mobilized in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida when the storm struck on Monday. They bumped it up to 8,000 and it's still not enough.

The Mississippi and Lousiana National Guard alone have over 7,000 troops in Baghdad.

So...

While it's utterly ridiculous to blame the hurricane on Bush, what happens in the week after should rest on his shoulders.

i think LA has 3,000 tied up on the war
    + must of those stateside have already been on war tours
    + more nat guards are in "training" for deployment
    so also unavailable for hurricane duty

not to mention all hope to stop flooding
    lies with the army corp of eng.
    who don't have a great track record
    on mississippi river projects
    (or elsewhere)

• ericeric 155 Posts
    whut? did i said something?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I wasnt even mad at the dude about it, till i turn on the news and its "he cut his vacation 2 days early". Why is this motherfucker even allowed to take a god damned vacation? People should put him on fucking time out and lock him in his office. Tell him he has to clean up his mess before he can come out and play.

Not to mention the fact that every fucking time i look up, dude is on fucking vacation. I swear to god, i thought the president was supposed to live in the whitehouse, this fucker has protesters posted up outside of his luxury ranch in middle of nowhere texas just trying to get his fucking attention!!!

speaking of which, 750 people died in iraq today.

and god damn it if I can even give a shit about iraqi's anymore. Up in some huge massive religious ceremony and theres a carbomb scare. Well no shit. Im begginning to think the only reason they have such dumb huge ceremonies is for an excuse to blow some shit up.

we should get the fuck out of there NOW. fuck em. at least bagdad isnt under 9 fucking feet of water.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

is this picture from some military sponsored kenny chesney concert or something? Seriously, what a dick!

• i like how dude is all focused on tuning the guitar. like that will help.

also.. PRESIDENTIAL SEAL on guitar. how hilariously unnecessary.

You Sir, can get the...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    we're the number one superpower in the world

this delusion is a major problem. could you define "superpower"? last i checked, we have less than 5% of the global population. take that superpoawer shit to the weeklystandard_forums.fag

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    i think the bottom line is, it's 2005, we're the number one superpower in the world, so some flood should be something easily dealt with considering the power and resources we have, not something that sends a large city into the dark ages. I always thought the point of progess was to make problems like this a thing of the past...

Jesus Christ, are you serious? I know you're not the brightest motherfucker on here but that's straight up stupid.

This isn't "some flood".

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    It is pics like the one above that remind me how powerful Mother Nature is. Forget a Prsident or how advanced our Nation is, Mother Nature could bring our Nation to Third World status overnight if she wanted to.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    It is pics like the one above that remind me how powerful Mother Nature is. Forget a Prsident or how advanced our Nation is, Mother Nature could bring our Nation to Third World status overnight if she wanted to.

Seriously...what should be advanced is our organizational skills to mobilize and actually evacuate more people than they did. It is not like FEMA, the LA government or the city did not know that this was a possibility. People have been predicting a situation this grim for a while now.