TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Jimster said:
    @Duderonomy  alert - fellow UK Strutteur TomO playing Barca tonight:
    httpsscontent-lht6-1xxfbcdnnetvt10-928872159_1771072892913497_386756387561343924_njpgohac6ac74b79bce72035df7aec3d166178oe5B380608

Cool. Might try and make that if the gf is interested. She has, however, found herself agreeing to watch some performance art by a friend...

This may kill off her enthusiasm for life, but decent music could be the necessary corrective.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Hobnobs?

I sure hope they put the milk in last... Heathens

Has to be the plain chocolate ones, that looked like a milk chocolate one. Tsk.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

WHY DO YOU HATT THE GINGER NUT?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DOR said:

Hobnobs?

On a visit back to blighty earlier this year I stayed with a friend for a few days.

It was on day two that I noticed he now added milk to the cup before the hot water. Having lived with him at uni and been friends for many years I'm certain that this is fairly recent behaviour.

I could only look on with concern and dismay. I wondered if it was something he had developed by living alone for too long - one of those timesaving traits one falls into when there is noone to judge. 

Anyway, a hobnob of any kind in tea is all wrong. Give me digestives or give me death.

Jimster said:
    Duderonomy said:

WHY DO YOU HATT THE GINGER NUT?

Thou knowest, swine. I had my fill of ginger.

Jimster

Junior said:
    DOR said:

Hobnobs?

On a visit back to blighty earlier this year I stayed with a friend for a few days.

It was on day two that I noticed he now added milk to the cup before the hot water. Having lived with him at uni and been friends for many years I'm certain that this is fairly recent behaviour.

I could only look on with concern and dismay. I wondered if it was something he had developed by living alone for too long - one of those timesaving traits one falls into when there is noone to judge. 

Anyway, a hobnob of any kind in tea is all wrong. Give me digestives or give me death.

I was also back in Old Blighty in the summer. While touring the Cotswolds, we stopped in some small shop for tea where the owner dropped milk in first. I clutched my chest immediately. Heathens!!!

Agreed on digestives. Tho, my wife once brought me tea & hobnobs in bed and I didn't immediately kick her out of bed. So, I must like them to some degree.

On a side note, my wife loved England and would move there if she can have a garden. At the prices I saw while we were there, I know I won't be moving back to the UK in my lifetime.

One a 2nd side note...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    That first album was sooo good. Was there a follow-up?

DOR said:
    Junior said:
    DOR said:

Hobnobs?

I was also back in Old Blighty in the summer. While touring the Cotswolds, we stopped in some small shop for tea where the owner dropped milk in first. I clutched my chest immediately. Heathens!!!

Agreed on digestives. Tho, my wife once brought me tea & hobnobs in bed and I didn't immediately kick her out of bed. So, I must like them to some degree.

On a side note, my wife loved England and would move there if she can have a garden. At the prices I saw while we were there, I know I won't be moving back to the UK in my lifetime.

One a 2nd side note...

I could just about accept the milk first in a lot of places but the Cotswolds? The most English of English places? Inspiration for any Hollywood film set in the country between 1980 and 1990? Jesus wept.

There's a time and a place for hobnob, and bed would probably be it. I was never the biggest fan of them anyway though, I like a simple biscuit and the crumbly, condensed, hobnob felt like a bit of a battle.

You may yet be in luck with moving to Britain https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/15/london-cheapest-overseas-visitors-decades-says-study-fall-pound.

Though, as pretty as it is, the Cotswolds are basically a tourist park at this point in time. One step away from being bought out by Disney.

My lady, also an anglophile, swears blind that British gardens are the bees knees. Apparently our grass is a cut above.

I survived in the urban jungle of Manchester for three years living solely off chocolate Hobnobs.  And booze, natch.  But I have been biscuit--free for two weeks now.

One day at a time.

I'm really bad at overdoing something I like, often out of laziness. I spent 6 months eating cinamon toast for breakfast when I was 18 and on the dole (with a bar job, obvs), found it was a great thing to have with a joint and some coffee. My first office job I made bagel sandwiches for lunch for 2 years (they came in bags of 5), then one day my body refused to do it anymore, and I haven't touched a bagel since. As a student I think I did plain choc hobnobs (dunked) with tea pretty solidly for 3 years. Digestives are pretty unfuckwithable doe, they're like a baseline against which all tea accompaniments must be measured. Since moving to BCN, my "English" tea consumption has dropped right off. I'm all about loose green teas, fruit teas, cocoa tea (!) etc.

I'm really bad at overdoing something I like, often out of laziness. I spent 6 months eating cinamon toast for breakfast when I was 18 and on the dole (with a bar job, obvs), found it was a great thing to have with a joint and some coffee. My first office job I made bagel sandwiches for lunch for 2 years (they came in bags of 5), then one day my body refused to do it anymore, and I haven't touched a bagel since. As a student I think I did plain choc hobnobs (dunked) with tea pretty solidly for 3 years. Digestives are pretty unfuckwithable doe, they're like a baseline against which all tea accompaniments must be measured. Since moving to BCN, my "English" tea consumption has dropped right off. I'm all about loose green teas, fruit teas, cocoa tea (!) etc.

Same here.

I was entering a self-destructive spiral of Ginger-nut abuse :pasue: because when I'm at a loose end in Hally I walk around after work and they are doing 4 packets for a quid in the Heron shop.  Naturally, I take them to work and offer them up for the good of the team, but I can easy do three biccies with every cuppa <Keyser Söze clicks fingers>like that</kscf>  Surely no good can come of it.  In an epic feat of willpower I am going cold-turkey and just limiting my vices to the so-far invincible temptresses of alcohol and a cheeky bag of peanut M&Ms (I mean, protein, right?)

:Ayo:

Finding something I like and overdoing it until I kill the joy and never want to experience it again is pretty much my entire modus operandi for life in general.

Your digital tattoo revealed:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy

Google knows where you’ve been

Google stores your location (if you have location tracking turned on) every time you turn on your phone. You can see a timeline of where you’ve been from the very first day you started using Google on your phone.

Click on this link to see your own data: google.com/maps/timeline?…

Google knows everything you’ve ever searched – and deleted

Google stores search history across all your devices. That can mean that, even if you delete your search history and phone history on one device, it may still have data saved from other devices.

Click on this link to see your own data: myactivity.google.com/myactivity

The data Google has on you can fill millions of Word documents

Google offers an option to download all of the data it stores about you.

This link includes your bookmarks, emails, contacts, your Google Drive files, all of the above information, your YouTube videos, the photos you’ve taken on your phone, the businesses you’ve bought from, the products you’ve bought through Google …

They also have data from your calendar, your Google hangout sessions, your location history, the music you listen to, the Google books you’ve purchased, the Google groups you’re in, the websites you’ve created, the phones you’ve owned, the pages you’ve shared, how many steps you walk in a day …

Click on this link to see your own data: google.com/takeout

Facebook has reams and reams of data on you, too

Facebook offers a similar option to download all your information. This includes every message you’ve ever sent or been sent, every file you’ve ever sent or been sent, all the contacts in your phone, and all the audio messages you’ve ever sent or been sent.

Click here to see your data: https://www.facebook.com/help/131112897028467

Read the article linked at the top for more.

tl;dr :

DuderonomyDOR

Jimster... how good is Salah?
    DOR

Jimster... how good is Salah?

By no means average, as the song goes.

Deserved result, no complaints at all. There is no way City are going any further in the CL now - I think they will be concentrating on the league after the second leg. Oh wait...

I feel disappointed though. Like, all that for nothing.  Should I be?  

I’d be disappointed by the 2nd half. Liverpool were in full gegen-press Klopp ball for 40 mins and I don’t think any team in the world would’ve dealt with it, but knowing the intensity would have to drop in the 2nd half, Citeh should’ve been looking to get at least an away goal.

I don’t think it’s a lost cause; with Salah they are very dangerous, if he isn’t playing, and Aguero is back, who knows.

Well, after 23 years... I’ll be sad to see him go but we’ve needed a change for a while.

Reading between his lines, it looks like he's been pushed, as he's lost the fans.  Sponsorz don't want to see empty seats.

My take is he wasn't allowed to spend big but, crucial to him losing the fans, he also insisted he didn't need to.  The results of these actions speak for themselves.  I recall the glory days of peak Fabregas, but once he was crocked (as usual) halfway through the season, there wasn't the strength in depth.  And recently defenders were not up to it.

I'd like to see him go somewhere with something like CL-Winning funds.  But I suspect he's seen as too old.  Props to the man doe.  His methods were light years ahead at the start and I doubt we'll see another Invincibles in my lifetime.

Arsenal’s slow deterioration began in 2007 when David Dein left IMO. I think Dein had more influence on Wenger than he’s given credit for*, and he may have been the last guy Wenger really listened to. With complete control and only yes-men around him**, Wenger has been making the same mistakes season after season.

*think I once read that Dein had a lot to do with player acquisitions
    **certain I also read that Keown was sacked as defensive coach for not being a yes-man, the season after we made the champs league final without conceding a goal en-route

I think Le Prof has done a magnificent job, but took on too much responsibility. Always defended his players when some of them have needed a kick up the arse.
    He also had some blind spots; defensively and with some underperforming players becoming The Undroppables, which undoubtedly hurt the development of players on the bench who could play out of their skins one week, but be forgotten about the second some of the luxury players returned from a knock or the flu.
    Wenger’s greatest asset has been his loyalty to players (would any other club have kept faith with Diaby?), and his greatest weakness has been his loyalty to players.
    Still, a class act, and I don’t know if we’ve deserved what he’s done for the club. I’d be happy if they renamed the stadium after him.

Duderonomy

That was rather good. Liverpool could’ve won it 10-0, but they’ve kept it interesting.

Yeah they've been my favourites to win the trophy since the first leg against City and I don't see any reason to change that opinion now. Appreciate them adding some tension for the neutral supporters though.

They're incredibly entertaining when they get flowing.

The last eight onwards this year has been a massively entertaining Champions League.
    Duderonomy

I can't see them losing by three goals in that form.  I step to the rear and cheer, they are going all the way.
    DuderonomyJunior

If they get Real, I’d say Liverpool destroy them.

Bayern though, they have many years experience against Klopp gegen-pressing, and I think they’d exploit Liverpool’s defensive naivety; could see Lovren missing that header that led to Dzeko’s goal as soon as the ball was in the air :(

As a neutral, I’d really like to see Liverpool keep Salah and reverse the trend of the Prem’s top players getting poached by Real & Barca every season.
    JuniorJimster

Or PSG.

Yeah it would also be really interesting to see what Klopp can do with a team that doesn't get deconstructed by bigger teams after one successful season. Some of his Dortmund teams were showing incredible promise before they got Bayern'd.

Having sat through a fair few dull Bayern games this season I think Liverpool would crush them on current form. Like Real, Bayern have too many old players in the team who couldn't keep pace with the Liverpool team and they're only really good at flat track bullying. Though having said that, there would still be the danger of them them suffocating the life out of the match before Robben runs down the wing and Müller scores the winner off his knee in the last five minutes.
    Duderonomy

Yeah, if I was a ‘Pool fan I’d be the most upset if they’ve peaked to soon and lost a shit final.
    Junior