TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• I know it ain't gonna happen but I really, really want to see the national spit-take if Labour take it (or at least the Cons can't form a government). It'd be the perfect culmination of 2 (really 7, but let's be generous) years of the government literally fucking up every prediction of every election result, writing checks they can't cash, being held to it, wreaking havoc and then for some reason being rewarded for it anyway at every turn.
    Junior

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I know it ain't gonna happen but I really, really want to see the national spit-take if Labour take it (or at least the Cons can't form a government). It'd be the perfect culmination of 2 (really 7, but let's be generous) years of the government literally fucking up every prediction of every election result, writing checks they can't cash, being held to it, wreaking havoc and then for some reason being rewarded for it anyway at every turn.
    Ha yeah, I'm already aware that this hope is just going to make Thursday even more depressing (alcohol is already being stacked up for the evening) but it would be quite extraordinary.
    I'd actually be very happy with a non Conservative coalition. Having lived for two and a half years in a country where this is the norm it works pretty well. Sadly it doesn't look like there's going to be any noticeable shift back towards anything other than a two party system.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I did an online questionnaire where you just click on which subjects are of most relevance (NHS, schools etc.) and then you are presented with the relevant policies from each parties manifesto, but with the party names removed.  So you vote for policies rather than parties.

It said at the end I should vote Green.

Whilst that makes sense to me, I fear it's a wasted vote against the Tories.

I did a highly in depth one which suggested my joint top picks were Sinn Fein and Plaid Cymru. Not sure what to make of that.

I think Green was also in the top 4  for me too but, like you say J*m, while I agree with a lot of their policies it doesn't feel like a particularly useful vote right now. 

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I think I'll skip it. My town is always solid Labour, so don't think my vote will make a difference. Amazing to see the Tory lead cut to single figures in the polls, can only pray it translates at the ballot box.
    The early election is looking like it was probably due to fiddled campaign spending, no? If the police had really got their act together Cameron's last election win would've been... rescinded? Reversed? Revoked?

Update: This was the site: https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

I think I'll skip it. My town is always solid Labour, so don't think my vote will make a difference. Amazing to see the Tory lead cut to single figures in the polls, can only pray it translates at the ballot box.
    The early election is looking like it was probably due to fiddled campaign spending, no? If the police had really got their act together Cameron's last election win would've been... rescinded? Reversed? Revoked?
    Vote against the Tories anyway.

I was out with an ex-colleague and dem last week, very clever dude, but he's a bit gung-ho, nuke 'em from Essex and voted Brexit and says Tories are the only ones qualified to keep us out of the shit.  He then went on to tell me how he was recently rushed into A&E with a throat infection so bad he couldn't swallow, where he remained overnight.  His wife is a peadiatric nurse who also was in for a TIA (mini-stroke) recently.  If they dismantle the NHS, that little lot would have bankrupted them.

But the rags tell them what to vote don't they??

https://leftfootforward.org/2013/06/everyone-should-know-who-owns-the-press-for-the-sake-of-our-democracy/

Well, that went about as well as could be expected.
    The Norn Irn UDA possibly in the mix to give the Tory scum a slim majority: and Corbyn was supposed to be the terrorist sympathiser. Hah.

Well, that went about as well as could be expected.
    The Norn Irn UDA possibly in the mix to give the Tory scum a slim majority: and Corbyn was supposed to be the terrorist sympathiser. Hah.
    Yeah all in all I think most left leaning people would have taken something like this a month ago. Could have been even a bit more glorious if people like Goldsmith hadn't squeezed through. Genuinely chuffed for the "young people" and the turnout.

It's a  fascinating time for politics at the moment. 

So when does Johnson start his leadership campaign then?

BoJo's face, or his zip-locked mouth this morning when asked about confidence in May, said it all!
    He can sit back, keep schtum, and wait.

JimsterDORJunior

• In case we thought there weren't any bigger creeps than the conservatives, a couple interesting things about the DUP -

- The UVF (I think it was this acronym?) a currently active terrorist organization, literally murdered a dude in front of his 3 year old in a supermarket parking lot like last week, and DUP leader Arlene Foster met with their head for a social visit less than 48 hours after the murder and didn't have anything to say about it...

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/what-connects-brexit-the-dup-dark-money-and-a-saudi-prince-1.3083586

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/wintour-and-watt/2010/sep/14/billy-wright-northern-ireland

A party in love with a guy so murderous that the Combined Loyalist Military Command ordered him to leave NI in 72 hours or be killed because he was jeapordizing the peace process - despite him being on their side.

Then there's the problem of militant loyalists holding the UK government to ransom possibly being a violation of the Good Friday agreement... see if they can't fuck around and get the trifecta of leaving the EU, losing Scotland and NI, and hell let's throw in the freebie of kick-starting a new Troubles.

So surprising no one, May, who tweeted during the election that a six-seat loss would mean Corbyn would be PM and then lost more than double that, is clinging to power through just about the filthiest means possible.

If there's one good thing to come from this (aside from a new election) I hope this teaches all the recently-engaged or energized voters than politics is about taking power, not asking for it, not winning the moral battle or the sorkin-esque rhetorical epée shit, not "both sides do it"-ing, but having an ideology and a program to execute it and doing it even if it's dirty, because that sure as shit is what the right wing has known how to do for decades.

JimsterDuderonomy

Wenger out. 

Duderonomy

Thing is Arsenal didn’t play that badly. We pressed Citeh into making mistakes, we had plenty of the ball, but the big difference was around the box where Citeh almost always found a dangerous pass (Sterling excepted).

I don’t think any team merely playing OK is going to beat Citeh.

The penalty: seen them go both ways, can’t complain.
    The offside goal... basically scuppered any chance we had getting back into it.

Wenger selections: I have no time for Xhaka and think Lucazade should’ve started. If we’d held on longer at 2-1 I would’ve fancied Giroud to come on and get a free header against the CBs. No way Stones & Otamendi would stop him - you miss Kompany, but Pep’s playing a different game these days. Citeh are great to watch, wish them and Spurs all the best in Europe.

La Cassette should always start, why would you have your £52M striker on the bench against a side who deliberately leave space at the back for a counter?  I think it was a fair result, Arsenal deserved a goal out of it, but not three points, and on the whole of the 90, not even a draw.  City were slower than usual too. 

The Napoli game was great football from both sides.  Let's see if cold Winter nights in Stoke can piss on our chips this season.

BTW what are the viewing opportunities like for the Prem in the exiled state of Catalonia?

Reddit soccer streams. Internet is less policed here (Spain + Cat). Torrents for daaaaayz oh my lawd...

...and the pron flows like milk & honey.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Jimster

At least they won't have to endure the pain of getting knocked out by Portugal on pennos in the last 8 ad nauseum

Never played for my team, but I'll always be happy for the lad.

https://imgtc.com/w/YYnR4Ji

Yup, always special scoring from inside your own half. He’s looked rejuvenated since going back to the Toffees.

Jimster: the league Citeh’s to lose?

I used to be a Pep disbeliever.

Used to be.

I don't think his tactics would work with *any* team, as you obviously need players with the ability to carry out the plans.  But it appears that he has some already, and has a good eye for externals who will fit in.

Bar Nolito.

It must be good to not have to worry about changing your tactics depending on the opposition.  Although it does mean there is no plan B.

Also, #Fergietime is real
    Duderonomy

Champions league is the true test, hoping PSG fall prey to divisive infighting.  Otherwise, they are a shoe-in.

I’m thinking the tv men will slip a fat brown envelope into FIFA’s hands for a PSG vs Barca rematch, the Neymar transfer demands it. Messi to show he’s still the boss etc, then get knocked out by Dortmund or Atletico in an absolute stinker next stage.

Spuds looked very good in Europe so far, but it looks like they’re reliant on Alderweirald and being able to play 3 at the back.

Would be happy for Citeh, or any Prem team bar Mou, to do the business.

Salah having lunch with players that are better than him in the Premier League.

DOR said:

I see Kevin De Bruyne has gone for a wee while his coffee cools.

Duderonomy

While I am at it... Pissed at wasting the Captaincy all month on mug c*nt strikers.

That binman-faced spud picks November to fire blanks and the goal machine Sergio is leaving it all to $t£rling for the last minute winnars.

If I'd have had Salah all the way I'd be global #1.  

Possibly.

DOR said:

Eddie Nketiah taking the pic.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    What’s up, batches?

City.