Hi y'all! Been a minute / Song ID questions

How's everyone doing out there? It's been years since I've been on Soul Strut but very happy to see it's still around. Not sure how many of the folks that I know are still around here but if any of my homies are still around wassup y'all! I hope you are all doing well too.

Life for me is pretty good - can't complain and staying busy.

I actually have a question - it's a Paul Nice related question too (not sure if he's still on here or not) but was there a full track list for his "Digging International" mix he put out years ago. Link here - https://paulnice.bandcamp.com/album/diggin-international

I know most of the songs but there's like 5 or 6 that are escaping me. 

Anyway, all my best to you all up here and hope all is well. Here's a picture of my dog Bootsy by the way - peace!

DuderonomyElectrode

Comments

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Good to see you around. 
    Cosmo

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yo Czomo!
    Cosmo

• I don´t have this mix, so I can listen only to the 4 preview tracks.
    1. Zsuzsa Koncz - visz a vonat
    Shirley Caesar - nobody but jesus
    8. One Real Band - egosphere
    16 . Lee Gagnon - les passants du soir

dunno which tracks you want to id, upload the 5 - 6 songs 

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Lee Gagnon was the Jeremie lp right? but does anyone know where the cover art came from? I swear I've seen it before. It looks vintage, but maybe was just a photo shoot to look retro hmmm...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Great to be seen, and thanks so much for the input. It's actually only 4 songs I don't know

"Sleep Walking" "What To Do", "Street Rondo" and the "Crossfire (drum interlude)"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Here's the list that I have compiled 
    SoundOutLoud

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Thijs Van Leer did "Street Rondo"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's awesome thank you Electrode

Electrode said:
    Thijs Van Leer did "Street Rondo"
    Yup 

Might not be the tune, but the only funky Sleepwalking I know of is this one by Bolivar Blues Band.

CosmoElectrode

"Crossfire" might be from the Aussie jazz/fusion band. I think there's a nice open break on one of their albums. Can't remember which one though.
    Can someone upload audio to the remaining mystery tunes? 

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hi Cosmo.... Nice to see you checking in.  Also nice to see some record talk?

Cosmo

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Is this the Crossfire break? Starts around 3:26.

Cosmo

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    djtopcat said:
    Might not be the tune, but the only funky Sleepwalking I know of is this one by Bolivar Blues Band.

That's the one on the mix - awesome tune, thanks for letting me know!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

djtopcat said:
    "Crossfire" might be from the Aussie jazz/fusion band. I think there's a nice open break on one of their albums. Can't remember which one though.
    Can someone upload audio to the remaining mystery tunes? 
    What service do people use to upload sound files these days?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Kinetic said:

Is this the Crossfire break? Starts around 3:26.

Nah that's not it but that's an awesome song - thanks for sharing!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

RAJ said:
    Hi Cosmo.... Nice to see you checking in.  Also nice to see some record talk?

Hey Raj yeah good to see people still rocking and rolling up here. Shout out to everyone else whom I know or don't know!

Can someone please upload the audio to "Crossfire"?  I can probably identify it if I can hear it. I'm baffled on the "what to do" one too.

use this to upload the snippets.
    https://instaud.io/

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    'Sup Cosmo!

Not having listened to the clips, I believe "Crossfire" might be by a band called Cabildos.

Also on the list you posted, there's a track called "Scratch My Back" by Sex. Doublecheck to see if the band is actually The Soul Scratchers. 

Cheers

para11ax said:
    'Sup Cosmo!

Not having listened to the clips, I believe "Crossfire" might be by a band called Cabildos.

Also on the list you posted, there's a track called "Scratch My Back" by Sex. Doublecheck to see if the band is actually The Soul Scratchers. 

Cheers
    Sex band is actually correct, French Canadian band with an ill drum break and other goodies on that lp.  

Cabildos is a great guess, if it has a Latin flavored jazz funk sound that might just be it. That would leave just one more to figure out.
    para11ax

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    djtopcat said:
    para11ax said:
    'Sup Cosmo!

Cheers
    Sex band is actually correct, French Canadian band with an ill drum break and other goodies on that lp.  

Cabildos is a great guess, if it has a Latin flavored jazz funk sound that might just be it. That would leave just one more to figure out.
    Yeah I figured out it was Sex (who happens to have some really horrible song titles on this album BTW)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Here's the one song I'm trying to figure out "What To Do"

https://instaud.io/1mpy

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Also here's the "Crossfire" break in question

https://instaud.io/1mpz

Thanks y'all.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Cosmo said: Yeah I figured out it was Sex (who happens to have some really horrible song titles on this album BTW)
    You're not kidding!

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    Crossfire break is Maneige - Les Pentocles. Always liked those drums.
    djtopcatCosmo

I'm clueless on the "What to do" sounds like some obscure country rock song from the mid 70's. They mention Texas in the lyrics, but could be a Norwegian band who knows lol