The Sunshine Makers

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
Incredibly dense documentary with a badass soundtrack by the Heliocentrics on Netflix! Have any of you guys watched it yet?

Trailer: 

Soundtrack: 

Vice: 
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/dp59bm/the-long-strange-trip-of-the-chemists-behind-the-legendary-lsd-orange-sunshine-1117

I just finished watching this, and it's def been one of my favorite things currently streaming on Netflix. I'm not just advertising this for the company. Just wanted to talk to y'all about it. 

Cheers,

- Damo

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I recall a lot of naked yoga going on in that movie

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    LOL LOL LOL. You must look beyond the naked old man doing Yoga. 

I watched it late one night and had the volume down low so as not to wake up the baby, but I do remember the story being crazy. Isn't there a part where they stay in some huge mansion making acid or something?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    I watched it late one night and had the volume down low so as not to wake up the baby, but I do remember the story being crazy. Isn't there a part where they stay in some huge mansion making acid or something?
    Yeah.. I mean this story is the shit. I heard a rumor that Vince Gilligan (creator of Breaking Bad) was interested in creating a series based on the life of  "SashaShulgin. I've been patiently excited about that ever since. He could easily do a series about The Sunshine Makers, and I think it would be incredible. If what he did with Breaking Bad is a clue to the quality behind a story like this. We're all in for a treat IMO. 

- Diego

ppadilha

years ago I worked on a story about Alexander Shulgin for Vice, he was a crazy character. Not crazy as in nuts, he actually seemed perfectly sane, but his story was crazy, although he never really went down a bad path like in Breaking Bad. I was surprised he didn't really come up in the Sunshine Makers doc.