The 'Here My Dear' of Hip Hop?

1235»

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    Four Horsemen doesnt suck.....

I like 3 songs or so off it, but it was a bad album imo, and I was definitely WTF after listening to it.
    You ride for Kool Keith, that's fine. I like my Kool Keith hijinks w/better beats. I didn't throw it in the garbage after buying it, unlike N*gga Please by ODB, so that's something.

• coquicoqui 42 Posts
    Four Horsemen is great...

and I know it gets no love, but J. Beez Wit The Remedy is one of my all time favorite albums, no question. Wasn't even a grower, loved it from the get go, love it even more today. Don't know what to say!

Nothing but absolute love for the first three albums from both those groups. Talk about a good run...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The_Non said:
    batmon said:
    Four Horsemen doesnt suck.....

I like 3 songs or so off it, but it was a bad album imo, and I was definitely WTF after listening to it.
    You ride for Kool Keith, that's fine. I like my Kool Keith hijinks w/better beats. I didn't throw it in the garbage after buying it, unlike N*gga Please by ODB, so that's something.

Well it shouldnt even be in this discussion, but it was sort of a return after Funk Yo Head Up/Mercury debacle.
    Godfather Don injected some youth to that set. And yes Keith was in very good form, even on the wack joints.

Whatevs.

If anything Kool Keith's solo projects have a closer career arc that would fit this fantasy idea.
    Critical Beatdown - Dr. Octagon - Dr. Doooom.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    ok, i'm giving 808s a try right now. halfway through, i think this is the closest thing. sounds a lot better. without the shadow of autotune ubiquity, this will get better, i think.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    The_Non said:
    I didn't throw it in the garbage after buying it, unlike N*gga Please by ODB, so that's something.

Damn, I'm a big fan of N**ga Pls. Neptunes and Gotti... and Got Your Money is a hit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Foo sings for half that shit. If I wanted to pay for bad singing, I woulda bought Bob Dylan.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    He was a great singer!

I'd love to see a making of... doc about that album.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    so if Kanye in fact breaks up with Kim Kardashian, is his next album a good candidate to be the Here, My Dear of hip hop?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    so if Kanye in fact breaks up with Kim Kardashian, is his next album a good candidate to be the Here, My Dear of hip hop?
    No, because in this era folks are gonna be all over it checkin to see if the drama influences the art. It wont be the surprise that HMD was.

The divorce factor isnt the defining trait.
    ppadilhaJunior