Uber-rare and wanted--what to do?

124»

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    just greedy.

• i love this. i say you sit on those fuckers for the time being. let it bubble in the community a bit. obviously folls are speaking about it already and it hasn't even been a day. fuck with them some more.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Don't worry strutters. I'm on my way to not only find out what it is, but to bring them home as well!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    hahaaaa!!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i say you sit on those fuckers for the time being.

I agree. Look, brother:

1) Tell us and be prepared to lose auction leverage.
    2) Don't tell us but don't ever ask us any damn foll favors again.

So stop touching yourself and take off your backwards A&F visor. Some of these collectors have no patience. Or brass knuckles and the AOL white pages.

And wasn't Hung Up found in NOLA, in a full box, about 15 years ago? Aren't all copies accounted for?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i say give the dude who sold them to you for 21 dollars some money !

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    have you guys noticed how many copies of the lesiman records 'pastafrolla' on ebay has sold? its been like almost one each time he've had auctions up. i think its been going on for about a year, and it seems like the prices are unaffected.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    have you guys noticed how many copies of the lesiman records 'pastafrolla' on ebay has sold? its been like almost one each time he've had auctions up. i think its been going on for about a year, and it seems like the prices are unaffected.

no the value has definatly gone down. when he first was selling that thing it was going for about 70-80. now it's down to 45.

btw that is one of the dopest library records i've heard from start to finish!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

no the value has definatly gone down. when he first was selling that thing it was going for about 70-80. now it's down to 45.

yeah its a pretty good record! im looking for high tension vol. 2 myself, i have vol 1, 3 and 4. i believe vol 2 is the only one im missing? or is there a vol 5 of it?

• Maybe he doesn't want the world to know that an additional eight copies of this record now exist, which inevitably pushes down the value if we're talking about something that only five or six copies of were previously believed to exist. Yes.
    This is exactly the quandry I find myself in.
    Ah yo, come on guys ...

You really think that a heavy rare record that only a few copies are known in existence goes down because 8 more copies have been found ?

You REALLY believe that ??

There??s _always_ the danger of someone bootlegging stuff or someone doing a compilation where both tracks of your 45 are on so in both cases there??s the "danger of loosing money" because the songs get available to a wider public.

But think again :

If someone really WANTS it, he should not care much if 16 copies do exist or only 8 - would you yourself worry about if you really *want* that jewel ??

Or is it the question "do more copies than the already known plus my 8 items exist ??" Then you have to get yourself some sherlock to do ...

In any case : don??t trouble your mind too much. If it??s a good find it IS a good find. If it??s overrated you will only loose money if you don??t get rid of it in time.

Good luck,
    Seb

• Well, thanks.
    I appreciate everyone who has given
    their opinion.
    Retrospectively, I should of kept my mouth shut.
    What can I say, I am a micro-dude, and I rilly
    didn't know the tremors I was setting off here.
    Now I know.
    So, I'm gonna go underground for a while.
    I have been in contact with enough well meaning
    and knowledgable cats that I have a good idea
    of what my plan of action should be.

Oh, and the majority of PM advice has been to
    NOT reveal the record.
    I think that is sage advice.
    Sorry if this gets anyones undies wadded up.

-VS

• Options

yeah its a pretty good record! im looking for high tension vol. 2 myself, i have vol 1, 3 and 4. i believe vol 2 is the only one im missing? or is there a vol 5 of it?

I'm quite sure he's bootlegging other titles, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was bootlegging that.

K.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    if you don't know what to do, then don't worry about it.

8 copies of a grail is enough to turn toys into madmen. i love it!! maybe you should just keep thrifting for $ records, so you don't have to lose anymore sleep.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    Well, thanks.
    I appreciate everyone who has given
    their opinion.
    Retrospectively, I should of kept my mouth shut.
    What can I say, I am a micro-dude, and I rilly
    didn't know the tremors I was setting off here.
    Now I know.
    So, I'm gonna go underground for a while.
    I have been in contact with enough well meaning
    and knowledgable cats that I have a good idea
    of what my plan of action should be.

Oh, and the majority of PM advice has been to
    NOT reveal the record.
    I think that is sage advice.
    Sorry if this gets anyones undies wadded up.

-VS

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    So what record was it?
    Thriller?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    WTF, I scroll through all this and the title never appears?

I want a full refund.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Faaaarrrrk... such a let down.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Classique thraed tho. 

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Probably why he was secretly "banned" and nobody ever connected the dots...

http://community.soulstrut.com/discussion/53849/did-i-get-banned#latest

If I was a mod, I would secretly go into old posts like this and edit it to say he had a 45 without the bells.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I found a 30 count box of minty Frank Wilson's that were salvaged by an employee at the Motown pressing plant. I've decided to keep one for myself and I will melt the rest to make some bowls for chips. This is the only way I can keep the demand up and not devalue my copy.
    Kinetic

• bean dip.

nah but... must've been Hung Up, right? at that time? nobody remembers 6 copies of a funk 45 grail coming through in a year's time around then? maybe the record CIA has lost its touch

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    2:48am. I gotta know.