Songs Ur Embarrassed to Love

2»

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I used to live with a good friend in Flint. I worked in Ann arbor which is like a 45 minute drive. Sometimes I would stay the night, somtimes I would come home at like 4:30 in the morning (i was a bartender)

One saturday after i had worked and returned home late, my roommate got up early to clean the house. Apparently he did not think I was home, because teh radio as on full blast playing his cassingle of "STRAIGHT UP (NOW TELL ME)" By Paula Abdul. He was singing along really loud. I peeked out the door, and he even had a couple of swift little steps to accompany his song and cleaning.

I interuppted him and he tried to play it off as if it was a joke meant to wake me up. But his red ass face said otherwise.
    hah!
    so you're trying to tell us you like it too? or are you more the Skat Cat type?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I used to live with a good friend in Flint. I worked in Ann arbor which is like a 45 minute drive. Sometimes I would stay the night, somtimes I would come home at like 4:30 in the morning (i was a bartender)

One saturday after i had worked and returned home late, my roommate got up early to clean the house. Apparently he did not think I was home, because teh radio as on full blast playing his cassingle of "STRAIGHT UP (NOW TELL ME)" By Paula Abdul. He was singing along really loud. I peeked out the door, and he even had a couple of swift little steps to accompany his song and cleaning.

I interuppted him and he tried to play it off as if it was a joke meant to wake me up. But his red ass face said otherwise.
    hah!

so you're trying to tell us you like it too? or are you more the Skat Cat type?

oh Skat Kat is where it is at!

• Whenever a Phil Collins jam comes on the radio I always roll the windows down and sing real loud to embarass my old lady. Some particular favs: Easy Lover and Against all Odds.

Come to think of it, if I'm rolling down the windows and blasting this sh*t I'm not that embarassed am I?

I will never be ashamed to say that Phil IS the fucking dude.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Paul McCartney and Wings - "Magneto and Titanum Man" from the Venus and Mars LP

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Paul McCartney and Wings - "Magneto and Titanum Man" from the Venus and Mars LP

No shame in digging the pre-"Off The Ground" solo Macca, IMO. My current fave: Say Say Say (with Michael Jackson, no less).

SG

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

Don't be embarassed about that one dude.

Christina Aguliera on the other hand, I'm really ashamed her.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    when no one is looking... I rock Blink 182

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Not too long ago, my little brother was talking about how these guys are despite the radio friendly songs they are known for.

File under: Eggert, or, I Want Charles In Charge of Me.

Like a reverse

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Mario "You Should Let Me Love You" and both reggae covers I've heard of it.

And speaking of: downy-soft reggae artist Fiona does a cover of "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Elton John over the Substitute Lover riddim. And I love it.

And I think my love of Wham's "Everything She Wants" is fairly well documented here.

Dude, Mario? And you thought "Touch" by Omarion was suspect.

Fuck, I reaaaaaaaly liked that recent rock song "Islands in the sun". Was that by Weezer?

Omarion is a lot more suspect than Mario.

Saying...

"let it... (high voice) TOUCH!"

For it to be embarassing you have to KNOW in your heart that it sucks.

Hmm. #1 for me is Coldplay (no, rap guys, this is not good whiteboy music)... I am ultra ashamed to admit that I occasionally nod my head to that Maroon 5 song. It's the josh in me...

I heard Mike & The Mechanics "Living Years" in the copy place today and I felt a little twinge

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    coldplay is embarassing but that one maroon 5 song was too catchy for me

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    jackson five-caN YOU FEEL IT

• That Sixpence None the Richer song "Kiss Me", I think its the accordion/squeezebox that gets me, I dunno, but I hear this and it makes me want to like, call up my highschool sweetheart and ask her to make out with me under a tree on a warm summer night.

I also really like that band Thrice.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That Sixpence None the Richer song "Kiss Me", I think its the accordion/squeezebox that gets me, I dunno, but I hear this and it makes me want to like, call up my highschool sweetheart and ask her to make out with me under a tree on a warm summer night.

Co-sign!!!!!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i would have to say mariah carey ballads..."her old shit" kind of shit

well even though her tune "4th of july" isn't too old school, and i dont give a phuck about the 4th of july, the way she sings in that song makes me geeky. i only noticed recently but when she does that high pitched dolphin sheit...um, could she in any way know of the existence of minnie ripperton? i was just wondering, cause they BOTH do that high octave thing a lot. but mariah's "vision of love", "can't let go", "without you" cover, "I'l be there cover" get many repeated plays by me.

i dig the vocals in "n'synchs" "this i promise you" and "cherish" by madonna is one of my favorite alltime songs. i have some paula abdul songs i like too. oh and christ, get this, there's a melody or like two notes in some hilary duff song that i like, its like a 1.5 second part of "so yesterday" or something that i just like to hear, and after that i'l change the channel..lmao she had a song called "come clean" and i was thinking she was some closet jeru da damaja fan.... but i find personally in A LOT of songs by artists i dont like, there will be 3 seconds of something that just phenomenal. i will blame that on the studio musicians, engineers, composers who actually have good tastes and are ripping off/playing tribute to some of the better artists of the past.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Oh, OK[/b], now I see we are talking about stuff you are really[/b] embarassed to like, like shit you wouldn't even admit to your MOR loving siblings, shit that completely defies your normally decent taste...

Not only do I really like this record, I like the *hits* most of all - "Long Way Down" even makes me air guitar...I think it was the "I miss The Replacements" factor that got to me, I was a huge Replacements fan in the 80's...

The summer that this came out, all I did for like 4 months was play Dave Mirra BMX on PS and listen to this CD all day long...the only problem being, I wasn't 14 years old, I was 29!![/b] (unlike the goo goo doll one, this or any other 311 I could never listen to again for the rest of my life)

One day, back when I lived in the apartment where my roomates were all my life-long friends, I smoked a virtual forest of trees, and lay down on my bed and played my Carpenters album full blast with my OG headphones on, eyes closed...when I opened my eyes I saw my friend standing there, trainspotting the Carpenters LP, and he looked at me as if he suddenly realized I was some sort of sociopathic maniac...to this day he talks about "that day you were listening to the Carpenters" as the final, absolute indication of my insanity.

Whatever, "Superstar" is some hardcore shit, "Yesterday Once More?" Damn. I just got a dope El Chicano record that has a blazin' downtempo version of "We've Only Just Begun" that I had to rewind...

...the only thing with the Carpenters, is that shit where the little kids sing... I can't hang with kiddie choruses...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

Like a reverse

haha! Clever! I remember those older Sugar Ray songs from those Road Rash videogames. Lemonade And Brownies ranks right up there with Chocolate And Cheese in peepee-poopoo humor innuendo on 90s rock album titles There's a music video for "Mean Machine" where a sweatband and mullet sporting Mark McGrath starts breaking/spazing on top a floor covered in vinyl records. I hear these dudes were a sensitive Depeche Mode tribute band back when.

alright dudes, i phucking love Shanice. "saving forever for you" off the beverly hills 90210 soundtrack was nice, but "i love your smile" still kills me. i get "aroused" when she goes "i'm gonna put that new black mini on my charging way, cause i love your smile", that was grade 8 heaven for me back in the day...and its guaranteeeeed she's talking about me. when i get my CDJ's, im gonna toss a lyric like "its been a while........i'm the brown Brian Wilson, you love my SMILE" and then i'l drop the sample of the acapella vox of the intro to "i love your smile" when she goes "do do do do do dooooo do do do, do do do do do dooooo do do dooooo" and only those in the know will know what im talking about.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    i phucking love Shanice. "saving forever for you" off the beverly hills 90210 soundtrack was nice, but "i love your smile" still kills me. i get "aroused" when she goes "i'm gonna put that new black mini on my charging way, cause i love your smile", that was grade 8 heaven for me back in the day

Yes! I forgot about that one. I was in 5th grade when that came out. I heard that song when she guest starred once on that corny (although sometimes funny) Saved By The Bell-like show on Nickelodeon, Welcome, Freshmen.

i phucking love Shanice. "saving forever for you" off the beverly hills 90210 soundtrack was nice, but "i love your smile" still kills me. i get "aroused" when she goes "i'm gonna put that new black mini on my charging way, cause i love your smile", that was grade 8 heaven for me back in the day

Yes! I forgot about that one. I was in 5th grade when that came out. I heard that song when she guest starred once on that corny (although sometimes funny) Saved By The Bell-like show on Nickelodeon, Welcome, Freshmen.

In my previous post I was going to add she once did some "Save The World" kind of charity show,which i watched intently, she was so hot, I was wanting to get married to her at age 11, they played her video at my grade 8 dance, and it was a defining moment in my history...we should start a fanclub

here's a raer i'm currently watching on the 'bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=104411&item=7523394846&rd=1

im joking, its a joke people, christ.

• unkarufusunkarufus 104 Posts
    My boys produced a few cuts for Shanice's new album, Every Woman Dreams, dropping this summer. Seriously, she has some heat. It's some sexy grown-up R&B ballads with some club bangers too. Sheila E. did some percussion on it and Stevie Wonder is gonna guest on it as well. I was in the studio a few times and her voice ain't no joke.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    andyhoops said:
    The Deele - Shoot Em Up Movies

its been sampled to hell by alot of people but i still love it.

I can't believe I'm just discovering this.

Great song and video!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    RAJ said:
    andyhoops said:
    The Deele - Shoot Em Up Movies

its been sampled to hell by alot of people but i still love it.

I can't believe I'm just discovering this.

Great song and video!

i'm sorry, but it's not embarrassing to like that.  that's that shit. 

I Wanna Dance With Somebody is easily one of my favorite songs by her.  not corny at all.

i hadn't heard that Omarion before but i'm into that too.

this must be the most embarrassing i was into (still like? naaaw.):

i can't explain it.  i'm not a metalhead and rap-rock is a cardinal sin. i think i just appreciate the chorus for what it is or something.  

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    But, like, I can hear it  downtempo with jazzy minor chords and such. It would indeed be blazing.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    My car stereo may only tune in to the dance station. I know the full rotation--seems to be about nine songs--by heart. There's a shitty Tracy Chapman Fast Car that gives me so much joy.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    How nice would it have been if Westworld's first season faded out to that The Deele? But I can only think of like two occasions I heard The Deele IRL...

Been going through a major Tina Turner spell last few weeks, her "We Don't Need Another Hero" particularly striking a chord as we move through the looking glass/beyond the thunderdome. Not embarrassed tho.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Wings - "I Love You"

FTW