NFL 2016-2017 Season (The rise of Garoppolo)

EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
edited August 2016 in Strut Central
Go Bears!!!

I know I know Pats QB not the Bears QB. I was being sarcastic with the header. 

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yo... Let's see if we can get a thread moving this year!

Big time Steelers fan... I had high hopes this year since everyone was going in healthy and the young D is making improvements.

BUT

Martavis Bryant = suspended for year for weed
    Leveon Bell suspended for 4 games for weed
    Ladarius Green... big free agent TE signing ... most likely retiring due to concussions.

Eager to see Sanchez QB the super bowl champs!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My Cowboys probably will suck as usual. 

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Iggles are in rebuild mode.....hard to watch! 

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    • 1 SEP 11 12:00PMCDT ) AT  TEXANS (L)
    • 2 SEP 19 7:30PMCDT +  EAGLES (W)
    • 3 SEP 25 7:30PMCDT ' AT  COWBOYS (W)
    • 4 OCT 2 12:00PMCDT )  LIONS (L)
    • 5 OCT 9 12:00PMCDT ) AT  COLTS (L)
    • 6 OCT 16 12:00PMCDT *  JAGUARS (W)
    • 7 OCT 20 7:25PMCDT * , AT  PACKERS (Murdered on site, should just stay on the bus)
    • 8 OCT 31 7:30PMCDT +  VIKINGS (L)
    • 9 BYE (Win for sure)
    • 10 NOV 13 12:00PMCST ) AT  BUCCANEERS (W)
    • 11 NOV 20 12:00PMCST ) AT  GIANTS (W)
    • 12 NOV 27 12:00PMCST *  TITANS (W)
    • 13 DEC 4 12:00PMCST )  49ERS (W)
    • 14 DEC 11 12:00PMCST ) AT  LIONS (L)
    • 15 DEC 18 12:00PMCST )  PACKERS (Respawned like Call Of Duty only to find someone was waiting for you so they can kill you in split second)
    • 16 DEC 24 12:00PMCST )  REDSKINS (W)
    • 17 JAN 1 12:00PMCST ) AT  VIKINGS (L)

Just my predictions for the year with out much thought. 

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

I hope the Seahawks can take advantage of an easy schedule early on.  I'm interested to see if the Cardinals are legit or if they regress.

• Was Tony Romo just an illusion?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I went to a Rams preseason game. Best fake football game ever: took the LA Metro for the first time, saw the LA Colisseum for the first time, studied up on Hard Knocks for the first time, and enjoyed a 75 degree evening scrimmage. Thumbs up all the way around. 

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    rain103 said:

I hope the Seahawks can take advantage of an easy schedule early on.  I'm interested to see if the Cardinals are legit or if they regress.

Jimmy Graham: "Hey, remember when our defense said I was soft as baby shit?"

Russell Wilson: "Yeah, that was hilarious!"

JG: "Not as hilarious as your ex WR banging the shit out of your ex wife while you were married and getting traded."

RW: *Blank stare*

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    So My Bears ended up with another shitty year. No playoff shot and a uncertain future in the QB position. 

How are your teams doing so far?

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Somewhat obscured by political events consuming our nation's attention of the past month, but the Arena Football League has lost five of its nine remaining teams this Fall. This leaves its continue existence up in the air, like maybe its not gonna be around next Spring. The unpopular league somehow lasted almost 30 years while only missing one season in between. A quick search on social media revealed that nobody really cares about this "news".

• EIGHTY said:
    So My Bears ended up with another shitty year. No playoff shot and a uncertain future in the QB position. 

My Seahawks are doing good like usual.  Thanks for asking.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    rain103 said:
    EIGHTY said:

My Seahawks are doing good like usual.  Thanks for asking.
    You guys should be able to edge out the Lions but facing the Cowboys will be tough.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Pulling for my Chiefs!

EIGHTY

Here we go!

EIGHTY

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Pulling for my Chiefs!

The chiefs look great this year! My gut says they will face NE in the divisional championship (sorry Raj!)

EIGHTY said:
    Pulling for my Chiefs!

The chiefs look great this year! My gut says they will face NE in the divisional championship (sorry Raj!)
    Not impossible.  Defense and special teams win championships both of which KC have.  Only teams that can beat NE in my opinion are KC and Seattle and maybe a small miracle achieved by the Stillers.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    RAJ said:
    EIGHTY said:
    Pulling for my Chiefs!

Not impossible.  Defense and special teams win championships both of which KC have.  Only teams that can beat NE in my opinion are KC and Seattle and maybe a small miracle achieved by the Stillers.
    After what I saw today the Steelers look really good right now. Brown and Bell are a lethal combo....the whole team is lethal right now. should be a great game next week, going  to catch that one for sure.

Steelers are gonna be tough to stop.  Uh oh.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

Even without Earl Thomas I'll take the Seahawks defense against a high powered offense any day.  Seahawks have to stop digging themselves a hole early.  We can't keep falling behind 14+...

With this team though they're never out of it.  I'm liking Seahawks over Atlanta in a close one.  (I'm a homer, I know.)  I like GB over Dallas in a shoot out.  NE has to be over Houston, right?  I'm goin' KC over Pittsburgh in a low scoring game close one.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    I can see Seattle vs Atlanta being right down to the wire. Hard to pick a winner, but I can see the hawks edging them out if they have the final drive. I got Dallas over GB because of Elliot and they are playing at home. I can't think of GB holding Elliot against getting over 100 yards and two TD's that game. If Houston beats NE then we will see news reports of mass suicides coming out of Gillette Stadium. That would have upset of the year all over it, but I don't see that happening. KC vs Pitt is too close to call right now.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Anyone watching the NE/Tex game right now?

EIGHTY said:
    Anyone watching the NE/Tex game right now?
    Me. Texas does not have the offense to keep up.
    EIGHTY

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Their defense is wearing down. But Brady with two interceptions though?

That holding on the 2 point conversion was a stinger! Holy dick punch.  Congrats Steelers.  I hate you.

If I was a Chief's fan I would be be salty as hell over that call... but it was the right call.  Blatant holding on the blind side of the QB on a scoring play. With that said,  that game shouldn't have been that close.  Props to KC's Defense for taking away the explosive plays... there was a lot of middle of the field activity for the Steelers but could not punch it in.  

Excited and nervous to play the Deflatriots next week.  

• RAJ said:
    If I was a Chief's fan I would be be salty as hell over that call... but it was the right call.  Blatant holding on the blind side of the QB on a scoring play. With that said,  that game shouldn't have been that close.  Props to KC's Defense for taking away the explosive plays... there was a lot of middle of the field activity for the Steelers but could not punch it in.  

Excited and nervous to play the Deflatriots next week.  

Don't get too excited.  Brady has owned the Rapistbergers since he came in the league.  He even owned them when they were called the Steelers.

Cheatriots fans are way too cocky about a win... especially after my coach was caught on Facebook live calling you Massholes.

We have a shot.  The Steelers D has been on fire for the last few games and the only way to beat Marsha Brady is hit him.  Expect a lot "complaining to the refs" that Harrison laid a finger on him.   Gonna be some complaining on Monday morning over some regulars at Dunkin.

• RAJ said:
    Cheatriots fans are way too cocky about a win... especially after my coach was caught on Facebook live calling you Massholes.

We have a shot.  The Steelers D has been on fire for the last few games and the only way to beat Marsha Brady is hit him.  Expect a lot "complaining to the refs" that Harrison laid a finger on him.   Gonna be some complaining on Monday morning over some regulars at Dunkin.

The horseshit about Brady doing a lot of complaining remains just that, and calling him Marsha just makes me laugh, since your own QB misses more games with assaches than anyone not named Tony Romo. The "cockiness" is just related to actual facts.  Rapistberger doesn't like to play on the road, and he never likes to play against the Patriots.  Sure, you have a shot, but more likely 9-2 is about to become 10-2, because Brady and Belichick usually figure out how to make Pittsburgh roll over and turn into Cleveland.

• And I've been to Pittsburgh many times.  The place is lousy with Dunkins.

By the way, apparently this wasn't a hold.  Not bitter though.