What happened to the finds posts?

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
I miss when everyone would floss their finds regularly on here. 

Comments

• me too, for inspiration if nothing else. cause I never find shit

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Me three.

Unfortunately I thinks heads took that to the Instagram.com

My finds in the past few years haven't been all that worthy.  I stopped buying collections years a go and the stuff I buy at the local spot are clean classics.

PS.  Bill... Nice find on the West Oak Lane 45s.  I had the 12" which I sold for a more than fair offer.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Me three.

Unfortunately I thinks heads took that to the Instagram.com

My finds in the past few years haven't been all that worthy.  I stopped buying collections years a go and the stuff I buy at the local spot are clean classics.

PS.  Bill... Nice find on the West Oak Lane 45s.  I had the 12" which I sold for a more than fair offer.
    Thanks. I had a copy of the West Oak Lane 45 a few years ago and traded it. It's definitely a tough one to find. The 12" is even more raer I think.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I have been meaning to post finds for a while but a combination of not going digging that much recently and being lazy about taking photos has kept me from doing it

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I usually post to Instagram and Flickr at the same time which makes it easier to grab a copy to share later.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    I'll bite, let's turn this into a proper findz post! 

Here's a handful of records I've brought home the last couple of months...

(For some reason, I can't delete or edit the images. Sorry for all the double posts!)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

I don't dig as frequently as I used to do (because I already have around 12,000 LPs).  Typically, my finds come from business trips where I slip off to record stores in the town I'm visiting.  I have found a grip of good shit over the last several years, much of which I freak on the mixes I post on Mixcloud.  I'll be sure to post the finds I get from these junkets moving forward.  I apologize for not sharing this information more actively.  I'll be more vigilant to keep the 'Strut vibrant and informative to the masses.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    $5 flea find
    ketanDuderonomystrataspherefinelikewine

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Cheapies.
    The Buddy is great.
    Anyone gotta cover for PE Fear?
    Not pictured: Loudness - Birthday Eye

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

Kiddie-Kraut-Psych-Funk-Raer found today. Kind of a german Stark Reality

stratasphere

• Been wanting to post some great finds since the fall, but I just moved two months ago and haven't had many opportunities to even look through a lot what I've picked up.   Some highlights, starting with a pair from this morning's very wet flea market:

Don't know a damn thing about reel-to-reel but I know you rarely see 'em and I wasn't gonna pass up a sealed Curtis.

Was pretty happy to find this for $10 in a store around Xmas time:

From a trade with a friend, really like this one:

Found these from the same seller at the end of last year's flea market season:

They were a little rough but man, I love these photos, I just never see this kind of thing around here.  They cleaned up nice and look good in new frames!

Not exactly a field find but was very excited to even see a copy of this on eBay after wanting it for years.  Was more excited when I turned out to be the only bidder.

I wasn't necessarily hunting for one of these (I've had a Vestax for years) but happened to notice one on the 'Bay for a good price and I bit.  Gotta say, these things are the way to go for flea markets/tag sales and other field excursions. 

It's already proven extremely valuable, saving me from buying stuff that looked exciting (but sounded like crap) and steering me towards the good stuff like this $1 find from a few weeks ago:

But nothing can top coming up with this one under very strange circumstances:

In November I paid a stupid high price for a 45 on Ebay I had wanted for years.  Maybe the all-time top price for it on popsike.  After I win the seller says he has a bunch of other 45s from the same source and he doesn't wanna sell 'em separately, asks if I might be interested.  I take a look at some photos and there's definitely some cool stuff in there, half of it is like a 1965 time capsule of obscure radio promos.  I start researching 'em and when I got to the Aviators my eyes damn near fell out.  I think he wanted an average of $3-4 per record so it was a no-brainer.  After he ships 'em I'm biting my nails, thinking it's too good to be true--they're cracked or something, but they arrive and all the promos are just dead mint.  Nothing else was in the same league as the Aviators but I was quite surprised that this was probably the next most valuable piece in there:

ketanfinelikewine

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Besides this being incredibly weird and interesting, can you give me a translation of krankmachmachine? I don't think "sickening machine" is accurate.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    The_Non said:

Besides this being incredibly weird and interesting, can you give me a translation of krankmachmachine? I don't think "sickening machine" is accurate.
    This is a perfect example of the beauty of the german language. You can combine different words - even of differnt word classes - to form a completely new word this way.
    "Sickening machine" would be the right translation. The whole lyrics of this song are quite spaced out and dark and will scare and dazzle most children, I guess. I would really like to know what artists were thinking when they recorded this. Unfortunatly this is currently the only song from the album which you can listen to online. Imho there are even better songs on it. If there is any interest, I can rip the whole thing and upload it.

here is another one from the record, that I just ripped and uploaded:

ppadilha

Thank you!

para11axdiscos_alma

heavy Krautrock/Psych private press 45 I've found today. Google shows no results. Must be pretty much unknown.
    Has anyone ever seen it?

ketanBallzDeep

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    These were all $1 except the Beasties sampler. These would have been more fun 10 years ago lol.

finelikewine

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    The_Non said:

This is a perfect example of the beauty of the german language. You can combine different words - even of differnt word classes - to form a completely new word this way.
    "Sickening machine" would be the right translation. The whole lyrics of this song are quite spaced out and dark and will scare and dazzle most children, I guess. I would really like to know what artists were thinking when they recorded this. Unfortunatly this is currently the only song from the album which you can listen to online. Imho there are even better songs on it. If there is any interest, I can rip the whole thing and upload it.

yes pls. That would be great! The guy behind it was Ludger Edelkötter who did tons of Xian project related krautrock in the 70's...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    heavy Krautrock/Psych private press 45 I've found today. Google shows no results. Must be pretty much unknown.
    Has anyone ever seen it?

Congrats on this one! Looks great! I found a ton of stuff recently here in NYC, most notable would be the George De Leon Y Sus Amigos LP from Panama...

two Euro Disco Raer, one nippon Disco and germany only Jorge Ben 45
    para11ax

What's the story with that He Man shit?

The_Non said:
    What's the story with that He Man shit?

raer german Krautrock Cosmic Disco.
    https://www.discogs.com/Immortal-The-Story-Of-Immortal/master/569061

There is scene forming around this obscure stuff all over Europe, which is quite a interesting thing, imho.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts

Killer finds! These threads always get me excited to get out there and and look for more records. Hopefully these images will be less of a disaster than what happened above...

Booker T. & The M.G.'s - Soul Dressing (Stax, 1965)
    Mel Brown - Chicken Fat (Impulse, 1967)
    Arnett Cobb - Smooth Sailing (Prestige, 1959)
    White Noise - An Electric Storm (Island, 1969)
    Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis - Cookbook (Prestige, 1958)
    Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog (Stax, 1963)
    Charlie Byrd - Latin Impressions (Riverside, 1962)
    Johnny Smith - The Man With The Blue Guitar (Roost, 1962)

Paternoster - S/T (Now-Again, 2016)
    Elliott, Walter and Bennett - Zeta Reticuli (Jam Records, 1977)
    Barbara McNair - The Real Barbara McNair (Motown, 1969)
    Lamb - Cross Between (Warner Brothers, 1971)
    Arnold Bean - Cosmic Bean (SSS International, 1971)
    Eddie Hardin and Peter York - Tomorrow, Today (Bell, 1969)
    Karl Hector & The Malcouns - Sahara Swing (Now-Again Records, 2008) 2lp
    The Bar-Kays - Coldblooded (Volt, 1974)
    Crab Tunes/ Noggins - S/T (Warner Brothers, 1971)
    finelikewinepara11axbillbradley

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    i buy far less these days because i have less time to look and less space in the haus. these are a few from the last couple of months that i'm listening to a lot.

top two are re-issues - or actually the Tusk is A THIRD AMAZING version of the album (came out as part of the CD super-boxset that recently dropped).  it's a whole new Tusk... more jangly.  highly recommended for those who love the album.

the sangria is dope if you slow it a bit.  i got the miucha/jobim/buarque in curitiba last week. (thanks to the strtrs who sent tips!)  got some nice brazilian stuff there - i'm pretty basic with brazil but i got to listen to a lot of new stuff this time.  wish i brought the portable!

the high note is an early sonya spence 7" that's a total mother's day anthem. she's scolding her thankless child, telling them that for 17 years she raised them, "no charge". the dub is tight too.

assi que dodo is my joint.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts

There's a ill Wagon Christ sample on the Celi Bee.

And slowed-out Closer, Closer is really doing it for me on that record.  

The Scoob and Scrap is good.  I didn't know that Scrap rapped tbh (I have all the Scoob 12"s though).  Kane must have wrote his rhymes on this.  No shots - he raps really well, but it just sounds like Kane's cadence.  

(Edit: SCRAB Lover!)

The Home Team is a NY record put out by Luke.  S'okay.

PLEASURE

finelikewine

I scored big time and aquired the pinnacle of record collections. Without exagerating this is the best I've ever come across. Packed with Jazz, Krautrock & Psych grails.
    Every rare Pink Floyd record known to men. In total it around 3500 records. This being said, my flat is a mess know. Stacks of vinyl everywhere. I'm about to list them on discogs, which is quite a task. I already listed around 300 records. If you want to have a look, just check my newest 300 or so additions in my shop.
    https://www.discogs.com/seller/Permabulker/profile

Almost half of the collections consists of classical music, though. There must be some monster rarities in there. But I'm absolutley clueless when it comes to this stuff. I have no idea how to spot the good stuff and how to sell it. But they must go, asap. I need some space to breath again. Can anyone give me a rough guide how to pick out the proper rarities, before I flog them in bulks on ebay?
    Thanks in advance!

ketan