What Ya' Drinkin', Foolios (Saturday Evening Edition)?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited April 2016 in Strut Central

Hey,

It's the weekend, and I'm drinkin'.  I'm feeling nice off of this, Thelonius Monk style (to make it record-related):

What y'all know about that bourbon?  That's some 'grown folk's liquor right there!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Bourbon is great for sippin.  Better than single malt (but not hattin)

I'm about to head out for the night to a fundraiser for my kid's school.  It's going to be all parents of other kids with a DJ playing 80s/90s music. No kids allowed!  Should be hilarious since it's at the legion and we'll all be downing cheap beers...

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Other than Grey Goose vodka, I never did acquire a taste for spirits. Last year, I gave up alcohol altogether on account of it burning my guts. I don't miss it at all, but I do miss Guinness.

These days, I sip on Earl Grey tea, black with honey. It is also quite nice iced with condensed milk stirred in.

:I sound old:

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    many an Ex were downed.  

the djs were actually nice.  they even played 'me, myself and i' (de la, not bey) at one point, and got significant buy in from the crowd.
    para11ax

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Spent this weekend in Prague, so was exclusively drinking beer. Very fucking good beer.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ^^^

Staropramen is magnificent.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Last night Zinfanel rose, tomorrow a gut full of Meantime lager frenzy set amidst the schoolboy humour of a pub quiz. 

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Hey,

It's the weekend, and I'm drinkin'.  I'm feeling nice off of this, Thelonius Monk style (to make it record-related):

What y'all know about that bourbon?  That's some 'grown folk's liquor right there!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks, 

If you ever find yourself in Toronto, it would be my great pleasure to blow your bourbon mind.  Open offer. 

Dan
    Big_Stacks

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Lately I've been sippin on Elijah Craig Small Batch (with the 12 year age statement). The new bottles have dropped the age statement and are a blend of 8 and 12 year. It's pretty good for $25 a bottle. Not bold by any means, but it tastes good.
    http://www.fredminnick.com/2016/01/20/2198/

Rock Hill Farms is the best that I've had in a while. It's dangerously smooth, but really hard to find.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Danno3000 said:

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks, 

If you ever find yourself in Toronto, it would be my great pleasure to blow your bourbon mind.  Open offer. 

Dan
     Hey Dan,

It will be my honor to take you up on that offer.  I'll be in touch when my travels take me to Toronto again (fantastic city!).

Peace,

Patrick

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    homebrew.  I made a hoppy brown ale.