whats the last DRUMBREAK record you bought ???

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

plus, i have that electra and while it has its dope moments, i never heard a hard drumbreak on it (without other intstruments playing). am i wrong? which song is it? and i checked more than the first ten seconds of each song...we are talking about this one, right?

maybe gropski has the super raer limited bonus BEEEEEEAT version which only turns up in Berlin once every 10 years .....also has that b-boy track called Mozard Goes Fonki

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

plus, i have that electra and while it has its dope moments, i never heard a hard drumbreak on it (without other intstruments playing). am i wrong? which song is it? and i checked more than the first ten seconds of each song...we are talking about this one, right?

maybe gropski has the super raer limited bonus BEEEEEEAT version which only turns up in Berlin once every 10 years .....also has that b-boy track called Mozard Goes Fonki

ha, hell yeah, with a special 3rd side unndetected by STASI agents with hard as fuck drum breaks...well no, I consider it a fake break until Grope proofs the opposite

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

There a bunch of good records from Mr. Last, beats, samples, ill stabs yada yada.
    Some of the Keep on Dancing Vol.'s have some sick stuff, plus they are pefect for
    your next dance party, each side is like 25 minute groovin' meddley....
    Don't get me wrong most of his stuff is garbage, but be on the look out, cause their are
    certain ones that are straight heat IMO.

oh boy! here we go again!

You should be happy that someone actually likes a record from Germany!
    'Cause that's kind of a rare occurrence...

• You should be happy that someone actually likes a record from Germany!

OUCH...

Dude you just made yourself look real bad

You should be happy that someone actually likes a record from Germany!

OUCH...

Dude you just made yourself look real bad

You really shouldn't take comments like that very seriously...
    Obviously I'm just poking a little fun.
    But if you were to take it seriously, ask the average Strutter what
    his top 10 wants are.
    How many do you think would be German?
    Some, but the lions share would be from the US.
    That's where the majority of the funk/soul/jazz came from, period.
    But I digress.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Grope means well, he's just a little sensitive about those schlager breaks. Once he got mad at me for talking about Klaus Wunderlich and Les Humphries.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    miroslavv vitous ghey ass magical shepard in a frilly gail costa coat

oh
    and the first norman connors jawn on cobblestoner

DUDE!!! how dare you diss magical shepard? When you diss magical shepard, you kinda diss yourself.

and who was in here dissing phil collins?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

and who was in here dissing phil collins?

phil who?

Europe was like a black hole for music in the 50s, 60s and 70s. the 70s were only cool over here, because a young drummer called phil collins stepped on the scene. we were all watching phil at that time. waiting for the release of his first solo lp.

• It's all good man - I'm not offended by your post or anything like that. Hell, I'm not even German . I was merely trying to help you notice how little dude you sound in your post. No matter if it was written w/ sarcasm or not. It seems pretty obvious that you dont know alot about European records - hence, it is naive to comment on them. That would be like me posting some shit like "Y'all should be happy with that jorge lopez ruiz LP, because all other latin lps are terds". Making me look retarded - perhaps you get what im aiming at now

I quickly threw together a few names from the top of my head to give you some ideas:

CAN (monster movie / ege bam yasi / tago mago / soundtracks...), Embyro, Kraftwerk, Stockhausen, Ash-ra, Doldinger (i.e. Negresco), Volker Kriegel, Herlbolzheimer (i.e. Certain lions & tigers), Dartmoore, Niagra, Sunbirds, 2066 & then, let alone the vast amount of psych & prog that was recorded here and always has been in strong demand amongst collectors should have you second guessing

Not to forget incredible Jazzrelated records recorded in Germany by forreign artists like ...Dave Pike, Sahib Shahib, Rokovic, Dee Dee, Barry & the moments...

This is just scratching the surface, but I hope it will get you started.
    Comparing Germany to America is kinda offbeat aswell. Considering the size of America I'd rather compare Europe to the States.

NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!
    Braekbeatrekkord???

Jo Jo G??nne

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hey are we still talking about breaks in here?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i lost it when it became mp3st.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i thought this was about Dutch child stars that crossed over to Germany and are now modelling dodgy underwear for department stores...

whats a break?

• hey jan, just for the record elephant called slowly has a severly bangin drum break. you should take another listen. peace, stein. . .

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

whats a break?
    thats that lil bit of record that made it worth buying.

It's all good man - I'm not offended by your post or anything like that. Hell, I'm not even German . I was merely trying to help you notice how little dude you sound in your post. No matter if it was written w/ sarcasm or not. It seems pretty obvious that you dont know alot about European records - hence, it is naive to comment on them. That would be like me posting some shit like "Y'all should be happy with that jorge lopez ruiz LP, because all other latin lps are terds". Making me look retarded - perhaps you get what im aiming at now

I quickly threw together a few names from the top of my head to give you some ideas:

CAN (monster movie / ege bam yasi / tago mago / soundtracks...), Embyro, Kraftwerk, Stockhausen, Ash-ra, Doldinger (i.e. Negresco), Volker Kriegel, Herlbolzheimer (i.e. Certain lions & tigers), Dartmoore, Niagra, Sunbirds, 2066 & then, let alone the vast amount of psych & prog that was recorded here and always has been in strong demand amongst collectors should have you second guessing

Not to forget incredible Jazzrelated records recorded in Germany by forreign artists like ...Dave Pike, Sahib Shahib, Rokovic, Dee Dee, Barry & the moments...

This is just scratching the surface, but I hope it will get you started.
    Comparing Germany to America is kinda offbeat aswell. Considering the size of America I'd rather compare Europe to the States.

NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!
    Braekbeatrekkord???

Jo Jo G??nne

IT WAS A JOKE!
    Meaning it wasn't serious.
    It was just a response to Grope's 20 Ice Grills for liking a couple James Last records.
    Just because I like a common German record has no bearing on my knowledge of
    their musical output.
    Assuming you know me and what I know, is what seems naive to me.
    CAN, Kraftwerk, Kriegel, Niagra....
    Not exactly some crazy obscure list my friend.

• ha, hell yeah, with a special 3rd side unndetected by STASI agents with hard as fuck drum breaks...well no, I consider it a fake break until Grope proofs the opposite

I haven't listened to it in a minute, but all I remember is a fast drum and bass workout type of thing...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hey jan, just for the record elephant called slowly has a severly bangin drum break. you should take another listen. peace, stein. . .

please let me continue my bedevil!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

ha, hell yeah, with a special 3rd side unndetected by STASI agents with hard as fuck drum breaks...well no, I consider it a fake break until Grope proofs the opposite

I haven't listened to it in a minute, but all I remember is a fast drum and bass workout type of thing...

don't forget the cowbells!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    AND btw, the band is called niagAra. not niagra. sheeeeeeesh. little dude alert all over this thread!

don't make me post another 50 ice grill gremlins!

• HOW DARE YOU

AND btw, the band is called niagAra. not niagra. sheeeeeeesh. little dude alert all over this thread!

I'm jus a 'Merican what do I know?

Jerry Lacroix - the second coming.

The cover has a lion with a mannish face, you can't miss it.

this has a little something also...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I'm jus a 'Merican what do I know?

• Who paid $4 for The Divine Miss M? You can cop that for $.50 in any Salvation Army in America! It is real tasty, though.

I just got a second copy of the K-Tel comp w/ Ocean - PYHITH and Friend & Lover - Reach Out of the Darkness!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Moloch on enterprise.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yo son, fuck an MPS break, Jon English is THAT HEAT

Real AUSSIE headz know the deal

yo whassup with that swedish

• upskiboo said:
    yo whassup with that swedish

super mix record. john peel played it couple times. mid 85 have him on tape somewhere talkin about how the producer hates it & he loves it. sanny x = euro-latin rascal 

*9 year ghost bump. you cunts.