Bowie Mindgarden

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited January 2016 in Music Talk
Looking back at Bowie's 27 albums. Are there any private mind garden tracks that you think deserve more attention?

Ride

She shook me cold

- Damo

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Lady Grinning Soul

- D

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Definitely private mind garden fav

asstro

• not bowie himself, but during all the bowie news i was reading about his longtime guitar player, Carlos Alomar. dude released a great ambient-ish electronic album in 1987: Dream Generator (whole album is there)

only song i'm not into is track 1, and the second half of the record is especially strong

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Outside of the big jawns, only 'Look Back in Anger' from the Lodger set got any personal shine.
    Junior

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's hard to think what is and isn't private mindgarden anymore - particularly with the blanket coverage over the last week.

I suppose, consideirng that most people, including me, switched off for a few years in disgust at Earthling there were some decent tracks on Outside (which feels most like a companion piece to Black Star) which tended to get ignored due to suffering from a very bloated tracklisting and some utter dross...

This is the obvious one which still holds up today IMO. But I like Bowie crooning:

I'm Deranged

Was it really?
    Outside of the big jawns, only 'Look Back in Anger' from the Lodger set got any personal shine.

Damn! Never saw that video before? Great choice!

She Shook Me Cold. Bowie does Sabbath pre-Ziggy

Some Early Fire.

In the heat of the morning. (drumbreak)

The Gospel According to Tony Day

spidey

I'm Divine

from Bowies Black guy era

- d

• really weird––that bowie thread i linked to is completely different than the one one whose link i grabbed... the other one had about 3 or 4 pages with lots of good contributions. and now i can't find it...