Fines of October

2»

Comments

• LaserWolf said:
    SC, that Coltrane cover is beautiful.
    Give that Willie Johnson record a spin. Country blues doesn't get much better.
    JC is a beautiful sleeve, I walked into the local place and it was at the front of the 1st rack in the door. I loudly proclaimed to the assistant 'this is mine!' then proceeded to guard it with my life while I browsed the rest of the stock. Willie Johnson was a long time want, you're right.

• As always, drooling over the everyone's finds here motivates me to keep diggin'!  Been ages since I've posted but after this morning's flea market I felt inspired to show off some 2015 finds.  The thermometer might have been below freezing but there was plenty o' heat on that field today:

Most but not all of the above were from this morning and the past week or so.  I've built up quite a backlog of "finds" photos going back to April/May...these don't come close to everything but most of the highlights are below:

Best part of finding this one was when I brought my stack up to the proprietor he prices up my LPs but says, hold on, I need my buddy to go through and price these 45s.  He's the expert--he's sold 45s for over $1000!  The "expert" looked through 'em and let this one go for a few bucks.

My rap game is weak but even I knew enough to snag these for $1 a pop when an entire DJ collection appeared at the flea back in August.  36 Chambers and one copy of Forever were sealed.

Love that Family Connection...probably the best Connecticut soul record I've come across.

The photos pretty much go in reverse chronological order and it's funny to see the stuff I got excited over back in the spring doesn't come close to the stuff from July on.  I didn't think I'd ever be able to top 2014, when I found Whatnauts On the Rocks and that ridiculous psych/prog rock DJ collection with 2 Archie Whitewaters, but after the Bobby Reed I think '15 may have closed the gap.
    RAJketancaiLaserWolfJimster

• A few new arrivals

Francois Von Pierre ParkerLaserWolf

• Slim pickings this week but picked up a few good bits, another British motown demo and a couple of 1st press mono numbers -  Coltrane on UK & Kenny Burrell, plus a long time soul 12 want

• NateBizzo said:
    Your finds are all so cute. The ruler is back kids.
    Damn the Sparkle…been wanting this for many yearssssss..score

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    these are some of the things i've gotten recently, including from a colleague of mine who was on his way to dump his collection at the thrift store, and a recent trip to let's boogie in chicago.  i think the pharoah was the most expensive at $12.  the rest were free or a coupla bucks each.  lots of other great things, though.  (i really like the new ways for uploading images, raj.)

Displaying IMG_20151105_224949720jpg