Post Your Favorite "Fast" Rap Tune!

13»

Comments

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Freestyle Fellowship (L, H, & R?).

I mentioned them ( mikah 9)..Your gonna have to explain what the (L,H,& R?) means though??? Its probably really obvious but I dont have the patience this early in the afternoon

• sorry, I just always thought some of their cadences reminded me of Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross...

• Someone needs to do it. It sounds like there's a whole load of interesting Britcore stuff out there, and someone needs to come through the crap and compile the gems into a neat compilation for the uninitiated.

G'

I was heavily into this stuff at the time & even used to mc in this style. It has never really been taken seriously in the US which is a shame as despite the huge amount of crap & inconsistency there are real gems.

I've talked to people before about putting out a comp of the goodstufff, I'm sure one day it will happen..

I'm happy to up the hardnoise tune & some others but don't know when as I'm moving house & my shits all over the place....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    sorry, I just always thought some of their cadences reminded me of Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross...

Yeah, especially Cali Rag, Misfit, Vursatyl, Ellay Khule, Pterradacto, JXL, Ngafsh, Wreccless, Trend, and Chu Chu.

• well, no, i was thinking more the melodic structuring of their cadences, and that would be mostly fellowship innercity griots time. all them other dudes spit more "gangsta" and less melodic. i would say their flows are just like most other double time flows. but you don't hear those guys kicking melodic shit like innercity boundaries. and isn't jxl the dj??? i didn't think he raps.

i still can't believe nobody ever mentioned twista on this thread. that's mind blowing.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i still can't believe nobody ever mentioned twista on this thread. that's mind blowing.

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, "fast rap" is about the BPM of the song, not how many syllables the rapper fits into one bar. Most of what I've heard from Twista is lower BPM with the hyperactive rapping.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    well, no, i was thinking more the melodic structuring of their cadences, and that would be mostly fellowship innercity griots time. all them other dudes spit more "gangsta" and less melodic. i would say their flows are just like most other double time flows. but you don't hear those guys kicking melodic shit like innercity boundaries. and isn't jxl the dj??? i didn't think he raps.

JXL is a rapper who used to be a part of Hip Hop Kclan with Khule, Pterra, and Wrecc.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ok, i'm pretty sure I checked through the whole thread, how in the hell has nobody mentioned this yet?

easily the best, fastest, cleanest rapper ever (on this album particularly IMO) who doesn't use the gimmicky words "nigga" and "motherfucker" every other word (a la Busta - Break Yo Neck - don't get me wrong though, I still love that track, the beat is incredible). Yeah there's other cats that have made maybe better songs using fast tempo rhymes, but nobody is really killin' it like Twista did. Tone Def has spit some fast shit. Of course the Freestyle Fellowship cats (i know they get so much love around here, lol) have spit that fire and with melody (L, H, & R?).

Is this his first lp on relativity or something?

His first record was on Loud... around 1992, and it's kind of a terd.

This was a pretty big record that came out in '97... regional classic and I think it went gold.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ok, i'm pretty sure I checked through the whole thread, how in the hell has nobody mentioned this yet?

Dude on the right pioneered FastRhymes.

Check out the Treacherous 3 anniversary with the Cold Crush Bros. opening up for them. Moe Dee

• i still can't believe nobody ever mentioned twista on this thread. that's mind blowing.

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, "fast rap" is about the BPM of the song, not how many syllables the rapper fits into one bar. Most of what I've heard from Twista is lower BPM with the hyperactive rapping.

fast rap to me would mean fast rap. whether it's over a half time beat or not. you can count the twista beats by the hi hat pattern and they are like 140 bpm. that's fast! haha. i see exactly what you're saying though. disco rap. haha. playin'.

either way, Kool Moe Dee was the man.

and I did not know JXL was a rapper, I thought I read an interview with Khule and JXL was cited as their DJ. my bad.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I'm listening to Blackmale - Keep Movin/Let's Go 12" right now.

Production is

As for favorites? Wrath of Kane is pretty hard to fuck with.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This K solo LP is one of my fast rap faves... particularly this tune:

DJ Chuck Chill Out - The Mic I grip

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Percee P "Lung Collapsing Lyrics" is the definitive FR track for me.

Followed closely by Kool G Rap's "Kool Is Back"

• First Frontal Assault 'Bloodfire Assault'

• Katch 22 'The Dance of the Shadowboxer'

• Sirus 'Straight to the Point'

• WBI Red Ninja 'Danger Zone'

• Kobalt 60 'Kaos from Order'

• ok, i'm pretty sure I checked through the whole thread, how in the hell has nobody mentioned this yet?

easily the best, fastest, cleanest rapper ever (on this album particularly IMO) who doesn't use the gimmicky words "nigga" and "motherfucker" every other word (a la Busta - Break Yo Neck - don't get me wrong though, I still love that track, the beat is incredible). Yeah there's other cats that have made maybe better songs using fast tempo rhymes, but nobody is really killin' it like Twista did. Tone Def has spit some fast shit. Of course the Freestyle Fellowship cats (i know they get so much love around here, lol) have spit that fire and with melody (L, H, & R?).

Is this his first lp on relativity or something?

His first record was on Loud... around 1992, and it's kind of a terd.

This was a pretty big record that came out in '97... regional classic and I think it went gold.
    His first debut that came out on Loud Runnin Of At Da Mouth sounds a lot better to me in 2015 than in did in 92.
    In 92 he came off too much of a try hard bandwagon jumper, in 2015 the album sounds real good.

• "smoking bass n taking chances / the life of a blackman ghetto circumstances"

• "street violence is at an all time high"

• Informer by Snow.
    ...(just kidding)

RAJDuderonomy

@"Obadiah Zuen" 

Hell Yeah!  Nice choice!