Deflategate and All Things Superbowl

12346»

Comments

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    I don't know what a Bubblicious handler is, but "Bubblicious Handler" sounds like a top-notch MC name.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    JRoot said:
    At this point, Brady's best course is to accept the punishment with a public statement like, "The NFL has meted out a very severe punishment. Their conclusion disregards information provided to them by the Patriots and by my agent Don Yee. Although I do not agree with the punishment, I think it is best for the organization and for me to accept it and move on. I am grateful to our fans for their many messages of support for me and for the organization and look forward to taking the field in the pre-season and being back under center for game 5 against the Colts. I hope it turns out as well as the AFC Championship game."

Wholeheartedly agree. He'd be smart to move on.

Why would he even consider not appealing? He could easily get 2 games knocked off the suspension even without going to court.

If he gave up that easily he wouldn't be Tom Brady. He'd be Peyton Manning.

More evidence has come out, and I've dug a little deeper into this issue, so I change my position.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    Justice delivered and upheld.

If you think this is over you're even dumber than i think you are. And I've cleaned things out of cat litter boxes that I think could beat you at checkers.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:

If you think this is over you're even dumber than i think you are. And I've cleaned things out of cat litter boxes that I think could beat you at checkers.

Cool. Keep fighting the good fight Patriot stans. It'll be worth it in the end, right...?

• rain103 said:
    LazarusOblong said:

Cool. Keep fighting the good fight Patriot stans. It'll be worth it in the end, right...?

You bet your ass.

I hate to say I told you so, but...

Ah, who the hell am I kidding?

I TOLD YOU SO.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    Justice delivered and upheld.

Tattoo those words on your forehead, Bwian.

• LazarusOblong said:
    Rockadelic said:
    The atmospheric pressure explanation was the biggest crock of bullshit ever.

Pats should haved come out and just said that it was obvious someone had fucked with the air pressure and they hope the NFL gets to the bottom of it.

If I was an Olympic Shot Putter and I shaved one lousy pound off the shot and won the Gold Medal would anyone care that I cheated?
    Would they let me keep my Gold Medal?

I love that this site's leading climate change denialist is now denying that a ball inflated at 70 degrees will lose pressure if brought into an environment at 40 degrees.

That's just perfect.

I also like how the league is releasing information by dribs and drabs via the highly scientific method of the LEAK. That's also perfect.

Let's see the exact PSI readings for all balls used or available for the game pre-game, at halftime, and after the game. No more nonsense, no more bullshit. If Mr. Rock is aware of some reason why the laws of physics don't apply to footballs let's see it. Of course he's a right-wing Texan, so he believes in magic, so maybe that's his reason.

Eventually all sane, educated adults will realize Deflategate was a national mania driven by poor education and intense jealousy of the only football team based in the best-educated part of the country.

I'm also unfamiliar with an NFL team that hasn't "cheated." But the mania only seems to apply to the century's most successful franchise. Grow up, America. Embrace science. Resist popular manias.

When I'm right, I'm right. Which is 99% of the time.

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Is it wrong to believe that Brady is guilty?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Great news. I would hate to think that if the Cowboys beat the Pats in week 4 they would have a built in excuse.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• Rockadelic said:
    Great news. I would hate to think that if the Cowboys beat the Pats in week 4 they would have a built in excuse.

The Cowboys have run out of excuses.

But Bryant made that catch.

• trzakhstan said:

Since there's no actual evidence that anything actually happened, believe what you want. It's no more stupid than thinking the Earth is 10,000 years old or that trickle-down economics makes sense.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    trzakhstan said:

No.
    The preponderance of evidence has shown that the balls were deliberately deflated to gain an advantage.
    The preponderance of evidence has shown that Brady knew and destroyed evidence.

The NY Judge does not dispute that in anyway. He simply is disputing the NFLs right to punish cheaters.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

The preponderance of evidence has shown that the balls were deliberately deflated to gain an advantage.

Untrue. Our #JUSTICEBALLS remain full and firm, plump with righteousness.

LaserWolf said:

Also untrue. Tom Brady is a living legend and Great American Patriot. If anything, the balls shriveled up in the presence of a man of such gravity and integrity. Of course Tom wouldn't have noticed, he was likely saving a newborn litter of puppies while defeating the Nazis and signing #JUSTICEBALLS for kids with cancer.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    No doubt.

BTW, nothing wrong with cheating, it's a great American tradition.
    Just don't let the little ones know.

• LaserWolf said:
    trzakhstan said:

No.

The NY Judge does not dispute that in anyway. He simply is disputing the NFLs right to punish cheaters.

The federal judge openly mocked the idiotic notion that anyone had proven the balls were deflated at all.

No evidence was destroyed. The notion that the phone was "evidence" is as moronic as a claim that your morning stool was pure platinum would be.

You are uninformed and you have the analytical skills of a toaster oven. A man should know his limitations, but I guess you haven't had time to learn all of yours. Or you keep forgetting them.

Why would someone be so angry, your guy got off. Brady had guilty eyes in the press conferences, and the courtroom sketches looked downright evil.

• trzakhstan said:
    Why would someone be so angry, your guy got off. Brady had guilty eyes in the press conferences, and the courtroom sketches looked downright evil.

You can't possibly be as stupid as that sounds. But just in case, send me all of your records and all of your money.

I think its an ironic hipster thing to have the hat.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    trzakhstan said:

No.

Wrong on all counts.