When will Ghostface beat Action Bronson's ass?

1235»

Comments

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I thought some of these replies to Bronson's bodyguard/weedcarrier's tweet were pretty funny

BIG BODY BES‏@BigBodyBesNYC Jul 21
    THEY DONT MAKE WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE ACTS OF VIOLENCE I WILL COMMIT TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF @ActionBronson
    -
    Blaine Nash ‏@Blaine_Nash Jul 21
    @BigBodyBesNYC Perhaps ya havent investigated the FBI records on Wu-Tang? It's easy to talk behind a monitor. Ya dont want to take it there.
    -
    elementsofstars ‏@eLementsofstars Jul 21
    @BigBodyBesNYC @ActionBronson Lmao! These dudes have FBI records that go back like your hairline B. Stop it
    -
    Peter Sobieski ‏@HearingFreak Jul 21
    @BigBodyBesNYC you'd have to actually get a job if anything happened huh?
    -
    yogi ‏@cgallego1 Jul 21
    @BigBodyBesNYC @ActionBronson str8 up I got u body #protectdabeard
    -
    TribeGFM ‏@tribeb Jul 21
    @BigBodyBesNYC @ActionBronson just look how deep these niggaz is....and this just a portion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates … u not crazy

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ^ lol

this discussion has become stale b/c - to paraphrase faux rillzy - there's no accounting for taste.

the most objective way that AB is wrong is that he expressed his opinion about how Ghost isn't as good a rapper anymore... in a very open forum. while ghost is actively rapping. i'm not krs one or anything, but i know that's not hip hop. esp given that AB is kinda a biter (c).

and ghost's video response is classique.

where is raekwon in all of this?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

He looks like someone who has eaten Tumblr

I'm stealing this.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ghost has stayed in rotation all along. Action Bronson is only on my radar because of Austin hipster dudes I know. Like Bronson, they are chubby foodies with beards whose only contact with hip-hop is by way of Red Bull sponsored events.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    As stated above, this has become really stale, so I'll leave with this:

You have "[strong]HarveyCanal[/strong] " saying [em]"How many of these clueless posts are you going to produce?"[/em]
    Yet posts stuff like this.[em] "Action Bronson is only on my radar because of Austin hipster dudes I know. Like Bronson, they are chubby foodies with beards whose only contact with hip-hop is by way of Red Bull sponsored events".[/em]

If your really cool respect the 5 element hip-hop pals told you about Action Bronson, you'd have a different opinion about him? or maybe your radar is only as wide as the lane you should stay in. You're a herb to the 10th power. Just be quiet, for your own sake.

and the Shaggy 2 dope to His Violent J, "[strong]JectWon[/strong]" jumping into something that didn't involve him. I'm not sure what's worse:
    1) Correcting people when you're the one who's wrong. (Teddy Pendergrass was indeed in the Bluenotes)
    2) Having me ask how my opinion has strayed since post 1 in an honest way, and you having no real response. Just something you thought was witty. (which it wasn't) OR
    3) Dropping this gem [em]"Music is a 'to each their own' thing. Trying to get someone to recognize 'heat' is a lost cause. But if you think that Action wouldn't LOVE to make a track like this, then you're straight lying to yourself"[/em] The irony of that sentence is almost blinding.

So having an honest debate about something with people that are dumb is not only pointless, it's exhausting. You can continue to cherry-pick comments to suit your shitty responses all you'd like.
    And I'm sure you'll be wearing your wallabees and clutching your purple tape while doing so. #RealHipHop

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    "You're a herb to the 10th power. Just be quiet, for your own sake."

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Ghost has stayed in rotation all along. Action Bronson is only on my radar because of Austin hipster dudes I know. Like Bronson, they are chubby foodies with beards whose only contact with hip-hop is by way of Red Bull sponsored events.

This is beautiful.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    As stated above, this has become really stale, so I'll leave with this:

You have "[strong]HarveyCanal[/strong] " saying [em]"How many of these clueless posts are you going to produce?"[/em]
    Yet posts stuff like this.[em] "Action Bronson is only on my radar because of Austin hipster dudes I know. Like Bronson, they are chubby foodies with beards whose only contact with hip-hop is by way of Red Bull sponsored events".[/em]

If your really cool respect the 5 element hip-hop pals told you about Action Bronson, you'd have a different opinion about him? or maybe your radar is only as wide as the lane you should stay in. You're a herb to the 10th power. Just be quiet, for your own sake.

and the Shaggy 2 dope to His Violent J, "[strong]JectWon[/strong]" jumping into something that didn't involve him. I'm not sure what's worse:
    1) Correcting people when you're the one who's wrong. (Teddy Pendergrass was indeed in the Bluenotes)
    2) Having me ask how my opinion has strayed since post 1 in an honest way, and you having no real response. Just something you thought was witty. (which it wasn't) OR
    3) Dropping this gem [em]"Music is a 'to each their own' thing. Trying to get someone to recognize 'heat' is a lost cause. But if you think that Action wouldn't LOVE to make a track like this, then you're straight lying to yourself"[/em] The irony of that sentence is almost blinding.

So having an honest debate about something with people that are dumb is not only pointless, it's exhausting. You can continue to cherry-pick comments to suit your shitty responses all you'd like.
    And I'm sure you'll be wearing your wallabees and clutching your purple tape while doing so. #RealHipHop

Damn dude. Calm down.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    I'm so heated I'll probably have a hard time sleeping tonight!

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Is the Strut back, then? Can we get an adjudication here?

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    macaca said:
    ...I'll leave with with this...

That would be so awesome.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Great thread. Instant classique!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Dammit...where is a diss track already. Is it to much to ask for one or more of the following?:

a - diss track
    b - embarrassing picture or video of MC 1 or MC 2 or anyone directly related to their crew
    c - public confrontation

We just had the embarrassing picture.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea but other than that 50 track, Wu Tang don't really do dis tracks. They'll just show up and punch you in the eye and make you say sorry (hi Budden).

Bronson's name will probably show up here and there in rap in general after this drubbing though.

That Teddy track is all I need - just do a proper studio version, add some drums and we're good. Like do we really a need another Bronson song in the world?

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Pfff big big Ghost fan and Ive been hugely enjoying Bronsons output although for the last 12 months there's been too much vice, twitter and blabla and not enough evolution of his Rap style.

his rhymes are esoteric by the numbers - Food reference / it's me / improbable gymnastic manoeuvre into a vehicle / prostitute / it's me / weed reference / morbidly obese man having sex / it's me / Lamb cutlets / weed again / more hookers / esoteric pop culture reference / repeat
    ˄ Indeed

He undeniably sounds like Ghost in tone- but that's where the similarities end imo. Ghost has been killing it of late with his output - but his flow has slowed, his complexity has dimmed, and 20 years of mafia parables are a worse creative crime than Bronsons 4 years of food/stoner/acrobat/pervert raps.

For an MC to brag and put himself up over others is normal behavior and after the 10 millionth interviewer parroting 'you sound like ghost' i can understand the -admittedly out of line- slip of 'shit he aint rapping like this - he needs something.'

Saw Ghost perform with BBNG recently and there was a lot of ive matured peace and love, live and let live and karma talk in between songs, so for this 45 yr old father of i dont know how many to post a 6 minute death threat rant on youtube...
    AB must have really hurt his feelings with those very minor deprecations.
    Im gonna gut you like a fish and burn your beard, I got shooters? C'mon Son.

Anyway these twitter youtube exhanges are wack as hell. Let them both drop dis tracks on lime green and blood red 12"es, make more money and rap history and laugh it of over beers and blunts. This shit is pathetic.

Still need to listen to 12 Reasons To Die 2, which im assuming will be good, but this new Alc/Bronson tune is also Flames.

Bw

ROTHROCK PLISKIN

Fall back, fools

(waits for a full length Bronson LP ridiculing the entire WU to death).

staxwax said:

this new Alc/Bronson tune is also Flames.

I thought that song ruined an otherwise good instrumental release.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz..........