When will Ghostface beat Action Bronson's ass?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    IRON EAGLE VENTURA

JESSE OVER THE TOP

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    red stained underoos

if i was chubs i'd be all shook the fuck up like elivis' toilet from the thought of the impending starks swat

that and it's all good for both they record sales...ummm i mean ring tone [y's] sales

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    Let's get real - GFK or any other Wu-Tang member for that matter have not been relevant for a decade or more. Bronson saying "He doesn't rap like this no more" is an undeniable truth.
    Yeah he's got a few classics, but that was 20 years ago and a different time.
    Coming out to Teddy Pendergrass like some wrestling skit is corny as fuck.
    Threatening someones life because he said you were "One of the greatest of all time" seems about right. I'm sure it's not sour grapes that his 45 year old ass isn't getting the shine he used to.
    (12 reasons to die II in stores 7/10!!!!!)

• macaca said:
    Let's get real - GFK or any other Wu-Tang member for that matter have not been relevant for a decade or more. Bronson saying "He doesn't rap like this no more" is an undeniable truth.
    Threatening someones life because he said you were "One of the greatest of all time" seems about right. I'm sure it's not sour grapes that his 45 year old ass isn't getting the shine he used to.

MACACA!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    APOCALYPSE CHONG

Rae dawn CHONG. She counts. She was in that one movie

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    macaca said:

I, however, am sure that it's California Raisins that Bronson's popularity and success is based largely on how much he sounds like someone else.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Ghost needs to stop talking shit and come out with a diss track.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Gary said:

Word

"Lazy Seagal"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    "i let the devil live on this earth!"

ghost has classics. bronson has none.

bronson, at his BEST, is dana dane to ghost's ricky d.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    SIRUS said:

That's kinda weak. Jeru has a classic & if he called someone out, I'd laugh.
    like I said, it's a different time. I can't even think of the most recent hip-hop "classic".
    But it's silly to think AB didn't almost single-handedly (with a few others Roc Marc, etc) bring old new york rap back, without being a cornball. I'm not a super fan by any means, but you have to give it up when it's needed. Thinking he wouldn't destroy Ghost right now is ridiculous. And that's all that was said "He's not rapping like this no more though".

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Gary said:

That was my first reaction, along with disbelief at the murder threats. But then I realised that the video is basically a lo-fi Ghostface dis track. If he recorded the same thing in a studio with the Harold Melvin record it would be a typical Ghost track (or interlude at the very least), just a little more specific than usual.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    macaca said:
    SIRUS said:

That's kinda weak. Jeru has a classic & if he called someone out, I'd laugh.
    like I said, it's a different time. I can't even think of the most recent hip-hop "classic".
    But it's silly to think AB didn't almost single-handedly (with a few others Roc Marc, etc) bring old new york rap back, without being a cornball. I'm not a super fan by any means, but you have to give it up when it's needed. Thinking he wouldn't destroy Ghost right now is ridiculous. And that's all that was said "He's not rapping like this no more though".

ghost would crush him no question. he's not a jeru who needs a premier to shine. and for AB to call out the artist who fathered any decent part of his style is stupid and disrespectful.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    for AB to call out the artist who fathered any decent part of his style is stupid and disrespectful.
    Anyone of a certain age coming out of NY can't say they weren't influenced by Wu-tang in some way, but I honestly don't think they have similar flows. The tone, for sure, but I'm not sure you can help that.

And for what it's worth, I don't think it came from a disrespectful place. It's probably just a fan wanting more from someone who hasn't done anything worth talking about in years. If he wanted to be disrespectful, he wouldn't have said "I'm just glad It's one of the greats".
    A 7 minute choreographed video threatening someones life over their opinion is some next level shit.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I have no strong feelings one way or another about Action Bronson, but I do think it's funny he'll clap back and carry on clapping back when it's some skinny little black girl coming at him. A grown man pulls his card, though, and boom, his arse goes. Suddenly there isn't so much big talk. Funny, that.

Purists and all the other self-appointed keepers of the flame love to complain about "WTF happened to 'No Biting Allowed'?", yet look at what gets waved through.

A 7-minute dis track full of threats over a whole entire Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes classic is pure Ghostface. Some of these 7ru3 $k00L back-to-the-future types wish they could pull off something like that.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    macaca said:
    from someone who hasn't done anything worth talking about in years.

How many of these clueless posts are you going to produce?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    I have no strong feelings one way or another about Action Bronson, but I do think it's funny he'll clap back and carry on clapping back when it's some skinny little black girl coming at him. A grown man pulls his card, though, and boom, his arse goes. Suddenly there isn't so much big talk. Funny, that.

Purists and all the other self-appointed keepers of the flame love to complain about "WTF happened to 'No Biting Allowed'?", yet look at what gets waved through.

A 7-minute dis track full of threats over a whole entire Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes classic is pure Ghostface. Some of these 7ru3 $k00L back-to-the-future types wish they could pull off something like that.

nailed it!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    macaca said:
    SIRUS said:

Jeru has a classic & if he called someone out, I'd laugh.

Jeru has aged very poorly though and hasn't been even remotely relevant in 20+ years. But I still ride hard for his section of I'm The Man.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    macaca said:

I find the majority of his albums from the past decade or more, boring. If that makes me clueless, so be it. Sorry you thought this was heat.
    Attached files

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    the_dL said:
    DocMcCoy said:

nailed it!!

Totally nailed it...except he's preaching over a Teddy P tune...not Harold and The Blue Notes.

Lastly, anyone who is saying Ghost hasn't done anything relevant in the last 20 years, simply isn't listening....he's been enjoying a strong Renaissance for himself that fucks with anything Action has been doing and then some...and I say that as someone who has unapologeticly enjoyed plenty of Action's work.

Action fucked up...GFK is doing exactly what you'd expect GFK to do.

And anyone who thinks Action's flow, sound and steez isn't HEAVILY influenced by GFK and Wu (as a whole) is lying to themselves so hard that I have no interest in trying to get them to see the truth.

macaca said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    macaca said:

Sorry you thought this was heat, you old fart.

Haven't heard that one. But the 1st Twelve Reasons to Die is definitely better than anything Action Bronson will ever do.

You keep making statements that Ghost is washed up and that's factually not the case. Yet, you keep saying it like a retarded parrot or something....just because you haven't enjoyed his output since what, Supreme Clientele?

You like Action Bronson, fine. Say that. But your statements about Ghost have been nothing short of clueless.

You young shart.

macaca said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    macaca said:

I find the majority of his albums from the past decade or more, boring. If that makes me clueless, so be it. Sorry you thought this was heat.

Music is a 'to each their own' thing. Trying to get someone to recognize 'heat' is a lost cause. But if you think that Action wouldn't LOVE to make a track like this, then you're straight lying to yourself:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm def an old fart. TIL BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah's Sour Soul was boring and I'm wasting my time listening to it.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    DOR said:
    I'm def an old fart. TIL BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah's Sour Soul was boring and I'm wasting my time listening to it.
    YES!

HarveyCanal said:
    You keep making statements that Ghost is washed up and that's factually not the case. Yet, you keep saying it like a retarded parrot or something....just because you haven't enjoyed his output since what, Supreme Clientele?

You like Action Bronson, fine. Say that. But your statements about Ghost have been nothing short of clueless.

You young shart.

Unfortunately repeating myself is necessary when unabashed dick riding is involved.
    Let's clear this up because you seem to be slow.
    1) I'm not even that big of a fan of Action Bronson, really. I just don't think what he said was wrong.
    2) Ghost is obviously better than AB in the big picture. As for right NOW, not really.
    3) I don't see how not fawning over Ghost's new shit makes me clueless.

Now stop double posting before I burn your beard.

macaca said:
    DOR said:
    YES!

HarveyCanal said:

You young shart.

Unfortunately repeating myself is necessary when unabashed dick riding is involved.
    Let's clear this up because you seem to be slow.
    1) I'm not even that big of a fan of Action Bronson, really. I just don't think what he said was wrong.
    2) Ghost is obviously better than AB in the big picture. As for right NOW, not really.
    3) I don't see how not fawning over Ghost's new shit makes me clueless.

Now stop double posting before I burn your beard.

When you edit your post multiple times and make different "points" each time, you don't leave him much choice, lil lady.

• FeldmanFeldman 50 Posts
    JectWon said:

Totally nailed it...except he's preaching over a Teddy P tune...not Harold and The Blue Notes.

well teddy is singing the lead but it was when he was one of the blue notes, and the song is on a harold melvin and the blue notes album

regardless this shit is like having a new holla or big girl or some shit, dude is definitely still a favorite

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    When you edit your post multiple times and make different "points" each time, you don't leave him much choice, lil lady.
    That's fun to say, but what one of my points has changed since post 1?

macaca said:
    That's fun to say, but what one of my points has changed since post 1?

You can't remember? I thought Harv was the old fart.

Feldman said:
    JectWon said:

well teddy is singing the lead but it was when he was one of the blue notes, and the song is on a harold melvin and the blue notes album

regardless this shit is like having a new holla or big girl or some shit, dude is definitely still a favorite

Thank you, sincerely, for the knowledge.