TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I had a couple of beers with him last year, never once mentioned records. It was all shared football crowd memories.
    But he's a hoarder no doubt.
    And yes, freebies for days through 70s and 80s.
    Those rooms in his Blackheath drum must be huge.
    Very good to see that pic,thanks okem

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Think he has a fairly healthy ebay habit these days - him & Danny Kelly constantly discussing purchases on twitter. Bit like this.

[removed][removed]

Ok how did this Dan Snaith /Caribou act escape me til now?
    Saw the Glastonbury performance of 'Odessa' last night and mind was blown.
    Radical.

Shocked that Nigel Pearson got no warning he was going to be sacked.
    Cos, y'know, everyone who ever got sacked was given the heads up well in advance.

"Tommy, can't let you have that half day next Thurssay because we need you in to sack you".

Smfh at football dudes.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    What is your go-to sacking technique?

I have never had to power to sack, which is probably a good thing, but have recommended that various c**t-ways be shown the door.

I sleep like a baby.

I sacked 4 people in the last year. Face to face. None pleasant.
    Very tough 30mins each time.
    And many weeks of sleepless nights leading up to it.

#1 had a fight with his boss in the pub, threatened to wreak havoc in the IT systems in revenge. No payoff.

#2 was spending all day on the Internet, despite several warnings, I would have looked weak if I'd let it carry on. Small payoff.

#3 started to have values misaligned with mine, I.e wanted to decide what she did and when and for whom.
    Untenable. Decent payoff.

#4 went into her boss' inbox searching for promo and pay info. No payoff.

I sleep soundly afterwards.

skel said:
    #3 started to have values misaligned with mine

"Thin who?"

Summer beers. Who's in?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    My foreign travel allowance has been swallowed up by a month-long visit to Memphis. Catching up with my father, we will be drinking plenty of beers.

Skel, you should go to Dublin when Vintage is over and get him shit-faced on my behalf... and everyone else's :beerbang:

Duder, unless u around to order the slammers and enforce a few jagerbombs it somehow seems...bogus

Nah, I don't think he will need any encouragement! I will make a Brit-Strut this year though. Or at least a London-Strut.

Walking to work this morning, S*eve?

At least the sun is out.

Overground, innit

That's how we roll.
    In fact, train was sparsely populated and very chill at 6.29 this very a.m.

The two polish scaffolders who neck cider at that time were absent.
    +1 for more tube strikes.
    Don't pretend to know the rights and wrongs of their dispute, but in the end, if London wants 24/7 tubes, London will get them.

And I do know that anyone can live comfortably off a tube driver wage, for what seems not much more than sitting down, pressing a button to go, another to stop, and 'door management'.
    Don't even have to steer ffs

There is always the fight against sleep's delicate caress.

I guess that the stopping part could be done automatically now, with only the legal ramifications of automatically shutting the door on a nipper's head and pulling off, that is preventing the elimination of the green button.

BBBut they have to potentially carry sue e side nuttars etc. And work in the soot. And rat fi neck man's sarnies. 'Kin ell, it's like Dick Van Dyke's chimney sweeps, so it is, guv. Hardest game in the world. Worf every penny, them boys.

Do you like Frank Sinatra?

No but really the driverless model is already set, with DLR.
    That system is great, never heard of any value that a driver would add to it. That said, it's modern and there's less usage.
    Beeb today reports the average driver salary is 50 grand.
    Someone in the game to tell us the real and true.

skel said:
    Do you like Frank Sinatra?

Yeah. He could sing anything like he'd lived it.

Mid-60's-Mid-70's was his peak. I recall a good harticle wot I read recently. Hang on. Here:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n13/ian-penman/swoonatra

skel said:
    And I do know that anyone can live comfortably off a tube driver wage, for what seems not much more than sitting down, pressing a button to go, another to stop, and 'door management'.
    Don't even have to steer ffs

Now we know what the two Polish "scaffolders" are really employed as. :beerbang:

skel said:
    Someone in the game to tell us the real and true.

Here is Mick Davey's message.

Dear All my Commuter friends & anyone else who is interested in details of the strike action and dispute between TfL and their staff.

As you know I don't usually comment on my work life as nobody really cares about other people's jobs but due to some friends posting complete bulls*** that they've copied and pasted from the media and haven't got the common sense to ask someone who actually knows what they're talking about now leaves me to enlighten you.

This dispute is not about money!

You can expect the usual barrage of total b***ox in the media about "Greedy Overpaid Train Drivers" but this dispute has never been about money, It is about protecting work life balance and making sure that change in contracts are negotiated, not just imposed. And it's not only Train drivers that voted for industrial action, it's every grade of staff that works on the Underground network.

Everyone I work with that I know has given the same message, we cannot continue to have more and more weekend and anti-social hours working.

I have never been opposed to Night Tube, but it has to be introduced in a way that is fair; that recognises that staff are human beings with lives and families as well as a job.

The job I signed up to do works 1 week of nights over a 52 week period, sometimes 2 weeks if need be but under new terms I would have to work a minimum of 14 weeks of nights. I have a family, I would like to see them at weekend, shift work already takes a lot of that away. TfL can offer as much as they want, I work to live, not live to work.

TfL could have spent the last three months genuinely discussing how to resolve this dispute. They chose not to. They have not changed their position in any way (until yesterday, keep reading I'll get to that).

If London comes to a halt this week, the people who should be blamed are not those who work hard to keep it moving all year round. It is the directors, and those above them, who simply do not believe that their staff have a right to a reasonable quality of life.

Yesterday's events (Monday 6th July) at ACAS were really quite extraordinary. TfL having failed to change their offer for the last three months, now made a new proposal in the afternoon, but explained that it was "time bound" and would be "withdrawn if its conditions were not accepted by 18.30 this evening" by all four trade unions and industrial action was suspend.

TfL must have been aware that of course it would be impossible for Unions to comply with this ultimatum. Unions would need to properly consider the implications of the proposal and consult with Reps and their Executive Committees. Unions offered to return to ACAS at 12.00 today (Tuesday 7th July) to respond to the proposal but were told that it would be off the table after 18.30 today (Monday).

To be clear, Unions did not rejected the offer. It has been withdrawn because the four Trade Unions were unable to comply with an utterly unrealistic "take it or leave it" ultimatum. It is pointless for Unions to express an opinion on an offer that no longer exists.

This now puts Unions in a position where there is no offer on pay, conditions or Night Tube on the table. It is difficult to believe that TfL are negotiating in good faith. Their offer seems to have been designed, not to resolve the dispute but to be used as a way to blame the Unions for what now seems to be inevitable industrial action.

Union members voted by a record breaking margin for industrial action.

I personally believe that TfL do not want to run a Night Tube service as it will cost them millions, the train and track are maintained to a minimum standard as it is but the Mayor of London announced it before it was ever discussed so they had to push ahead with it.

I have a feeling TfL will now say it can't run Night Tube due to the Unions but in reality they actually don't want it.

Strike action will start from 21.30 on Wednesday 8th July.

Thanks for reading x

Ask him if it is true they get 43 days paid holiday a year.

• an actual tragedy.

and i was aghast to learn that he's actually the first ever jerry to play for the squad...... like ...... how is that even possible? sour grapes?

Hmmm, more annoyed that Man U are able to spend their way back into contention so easily after the gift that was David Moyes. £150 million last season on transfers, another £80 million or so this season... ridiculous.

I wonder if Wenger even needs to spend this season - if Walcott can carry on playing the way he did at the end of last season he may be the top, top striker we need as an option for Giroud, Cech is an amazing asset, and our defence looks better than it has in many seasons. It's not like Arsenal has a bad history of horrific season-ending injuries to worry about

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Hmmm, more annoyed that Man U are able to spend their way back into contention so easily after the gift that was David Moyes. £150 million last season on transfers, another £80 million or so this season... ridiculous.

I wonder if Wenger even needs to spend this season - if Walcott can carry on playing the way he did at the end of last season he may be the top, top striker we need as an option for Giroud, Cech is an amazing asset, and our defence looks better than it has in many seasons. It's not like Arsenal has a bad history of horrific season-ending injuries to worry about

I wouldn't put the house on Schweini being the (latest?) magic bullet that'll reverse United's faltering fortunes. Di Maria and Falcao, anyone? Laugh all you like at Balotelli, but at least he didn't cost us £60m. Being top of the league at blowing your transfer budget on just a few marquee-name players is something United used to be very, very good at indeed. Those were the days when they were coming fourth in two-horse races and the high-point of the season was taking maximum points off us, so whilst I'd personally welcome those days back with open arms, I'm less certain United fans will want to continue too far down that road.

But wait...a challenger appears.

I shall chuckle when Lucas clatters him at Anfield.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    united is doing well but they still need a striker
    cavani/dimaria swap can work
    the way they treated valdes is horrible

on the other hand chelsea is cruising everyone will be struggling to be second while we maintain our core..if cesc gets pedro to join us its game over
    cant wait for falcao to score 2 at old trafford
    I feel like he will be good in the air and fabregas will find him
    1-2s between cesc-fabregas and pedro could be quite good
    meanwhile we spend little and loan out amazing youth to teams to reap what we sow and keep on maintaining great transfer relationships while selling for a profit and staying under budget

• I reckon Valdes was always going to be number two at United so once he heard Valencia were interested United agreed to sell. He never impressed me, personally.

Falcao will only play a bit-part just like Remy last season.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DOR said:
    Pfft. Such amateur photoshop level skills.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Falcao obviously is physically ruined. Unlike Balotelli, Di Maria has still a lot to offer. He struggled last season because he was giving the ball away too much in a team that couldn't afford to due to its defensive and midfield deficiencies. I hope that he stays.

You can't even compare the likes of Anderson, Cleverley, Fellaini and Carrick to a legend like Schweinsteiger, he isn't going to turn around the team on his own but it's a step in the right direction.

• I think Di Maria was a marquee signing "gift" from the United board to LVG.
    United's tactics didn't compliment Di Maria at all which made me think he wasn't the kind of player he wanted.

I expect Schweinsteiger to do a similar job for United as Ballack did for Chelsea. Not a United fan but I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the Premier League. Hope Cavani comes too.