You Know You Have a Digging Problem When..........

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

or you have a $1000 + gas bill, instead of putting $$ towards that...you drop $ 600 in one week on vinyl
    black crack no doubt

or do you live in a mansion in antarctica?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

when you can tell a styrene 45 from a vinyl 45 from a photo of the label on the computer screen.

when you get a wart on a finger from cleaning disgustingly dirty 45s that must have been covered in cat piss and 30 years of grunge. the bright side is that the 45s were hot keepers and became playable after heavy cleaning, the dark side is that after putting off/forgetting to put wart medicine on, the wart stays for 3 or 4 years, then finally mysteriously disappears.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    + When you see a nattily-attired African-American in their 50s or 60s and think: "Man, they must have/have had a killer record collection."

luck, I gotta call this one out man. Foul.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

+ You have popsike plugin search bar in Firefox

you can do this? how?

• you have no friends and you set your cell phone clock to go off at random times just to give yourself a split second of excitement and think someone might actually be calling you.
    peace, stein. . .

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    you have no friends and you set your cell phone clock to go off at random times just to give yourself a split second of excitement and think someone might actually be calling you.
    peace, stein. . .

• + You consider Soulman "famous"

Sheeeeeet... like I ain't famous. I sign autographs, foll!

• spcspc 534 Posts

* you dream about records that don't even exist

I had that once with weird read along comic book records...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bomp.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RAJ said:
    + You buy sealed records because they are sealed and they are a buck

Just today I was going through some sealed Dimple Fields and early 80s Four Tops records trying to figure out what to do with them and wondering why I bought them.
    +Tomorrow I would buy them again "because they are sealed and they are a buck".

For 6 pages I was making a list of everyone that fit me.
    Then I accidentally closed the tab.

+ When you read 8 pages of a 10 year old soulstrut thread.
    The Bizarre

• - You buy records you don't really want just because you don't want to leave empty- handed

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    + When you tell yourself that if you would just stop buying so many records, you would have more money to buy records.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    you look forward to your wife going away on a business trip because it means you get to... go off by yourself on daylong digging excursions without making excuses

you give the death stare to people who happen to be casually browsing records at one of your regular digging spots

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    + You buy 50 mediocre $2 records but have sticker shock over a $100 end to end burner

When you're out you keep thinking about going home to listen all to those records you picked up the other day. When you get home you keep thinking about the all the thrift stores you need to hit up.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    Visiting exotic countries with deep culture, beautiful scenary, fascinating people and new interesting foods & spending the whole time in dark basement records shops experiencing non of the above.
    The Bizarre

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    ^ First I was thinking, thank god I don't do that. Then I realized yes I do.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Guilty on all accounts. Plus:

- finding a really underpriced record and then buying extra records at that store with the imaginary profit

- sympathy buys at a store

- dealers text you when new stuff has arrived

-

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    When you know you've paid too much for a record and you go on cfrenzy scouring past auctions and even double back to popsike and work your own imaginary math equation that helps you accept your impulsive blunder.

you hold onto a 2nd copy of a record because the first copy is lost somewhere in your shelves

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    / ha yeah / . losing records into your vinyl void before even hearing them

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    When you find yourself buying records with the intention of giving them to other people because you know they're GOATS and you need to satisfy the jones but you can't find anything new for yourself.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Agonizing over buying a really nice pull because your not sure if you all ready own it.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    When you MUST stop in every 2nd hand furniture/antique/clothing store you see just in case it has records.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Agonizing over buying a really nice pull because your not sure if you all ready own it.

Even worse, buying it on iTunes thinking "I'm just going to give in because I'll never find it" except you did 10 years ago and stumble on to it the day after paying $10.99 for the iTunes LP.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    you hold onto a 2nd copy of a record because the first copy is lost somewhere in your shelves

Guilty as charged

• When you walk into a record store with your wife and the employees greet you by name

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    When you find yourself buying records with the intention of giving them to other people because you know they're GOATS and you need to satisfy the jones but you can't find anything new for yourself.

I do this all the time with stuff that $5. I figure it's good record karma and a nice thing to do for your friends.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    When you build your own customized record shelves to fit your room's walls.

When you scour the local home furnishing store looking for wooden boxes that can hold your 45s.