Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    motown67 said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    JonnyPaycheck said:
    Lebron apparently undermined Blatt on a possession-to-possession basis during the finals. after that Curry open lay-up towards the end of game 6 (where the Cavs looked in disarray), he sat on the bench with a towel over his head, unresponsive to the coach or his teammates as they called his name repeatedly.

That's your even-in-loss MVP?

Yep several Warriors beat writers have been saying that Lebron is very difficult to coach. He wants to play a certain style and basically imposes it upon his coaches whether they like it or not. That goes to having people in his camp saying things in the media to put pressure on the coach to do what Lebron wants.

Oh my god, Lebron showing frustrations? How dare he.

Control freak for sure. Same tendencies, MJ and Phil and Kobe had.

FYI, let's be clear though. David Blatt/Spoelstra are no Pat Riley, Larry Brown, Popovich, or Phil Jackson.

You're clueless once again

haha. No i'm not gramps. Get a life, and quit bitching about Lebron.

I thought your Warriors won. The amount of obsession over him by haters is amazing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [According to the water cooler/espn logic, I have learned [strong] Peyton Manning is the most disrespectful player towards his coach in the history of sports ever[/strong] (since that seems to be based off of a player changing the play that was drawn up by the coach)...those audibles are a complete and total disrespect to his coach.

This is a pretty ridiculous analogy....many Quarterbacks are given the ability to call an audible. It's part of the game.....if Manning purposefully ignores his coach, acts like a petulant child when the coach is trying to do his job and tries to upstage him on national TV then you might be on to something.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MJ never waived off Phil Jackson and didnt ask for Doug Collins to get out.
    Magic never waived off Pat Riley and didnt oust the previous coach.

Three Triple Doubles in the Finals w/ an undermanned Cavs and LeBron is an asshole.

Props to Barbosa, Bogut, Lee, Iggy, and my boy Brandon Rush gettin' rings after years of criticism.

batmon said:

Three Triple Doubles in the Finals w/ an undermanned Cavs and LeBron is an asshole.

Props to Barbosa, Bogut, Lee, Iggy, and my boy Brandon Rush gettin' rings after years of criticism.

Are you asking if MJ and Magic were assholes too?

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Assholes w multiple rings.
    LeBron ain't nothin new so why are dudes surprised?

The Warriors might be the only team that is asshole-less. Kerr is not a ball buster and the Splush Bros don't come off like assholes.

Rick Carlyle is a micro manager.
    Larry Brown is a perfectionist.
    Pop is a Drill Sargeant.
    Phil Jackson coached Kobe and MJ.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Assholes w multiple rings.
    LeBron ain't nothin new so why are dudes surprised?

The Warriors might be the only team that is asshole-less. Kerr is not a ball buster and the Splush Bros don't come off like assholes.

Spurs were asshole-less too

Lebron will always be an asshole to Dallas fans because of this....

Pop is no angel. And I'm surprised Yall don't bitch at the way he treats sideline interviews or resting players.
    Ask Tony Parker how Pop gets in his ass for his entire career.

Garnett is an asshole too.

batmon said:
    Pop is no angel. And I'm surprised Yall don't bitch at the way he treats sideline interviews or resting players.

I bet you Parker wouldn't want to play for any other coach.
    Being a tough authoritarian perfectionist micro-managing drill seargant does not necessarily mean you're an asshole.
    Lebron is an asshole and has proved it many times

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

I bet you Parker wouldn't want to play for any other coach.
    Being a tough authoritarian perfectionist micro-managing drill seargant does not necessarily mean you're an asshole.
    Lebron is an asshole and has proved it many times

Its the same shit to me.

Im no LeBron fan but dudes can get over Kobe's shit yet act like LeBron is some new shit.
    The Pacers hatted Larry Brown (who he built into a better franchise for Larry Bird to take over) yet he took Philly & Detroit to the Finals.

Ty Cobb set the bar for being an asshole athlete...that doesn't mean everyone after him gets a pass.

Lebron is simply the asshole flavor of the month.....Kobe is insignificant in 2015

Rockadelic said:
    Ty Cobb set the bar for being an asshole athlete...that doesn't mean everyone after him gets a pass.

Lebron is simply the asshole flavor of the month.....Kobe is insignificant in 2015

LeBron pouting after being down in Game 6 is assholeness? Are we really that sensitive? What kinda attitude was he supposed to have?

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    You never saw Larry Bird with a towel over his head pouting in a crucial playoff game.

LeBum gets away with murder on the court, he's a diva. An exceptionally athletic and gifted diva but still a privileged diva!

Oh and a work friend had a good point, LeBum would be 1 for 6 if not for Ray Allen bailing him out in game 6 of the 2013 Finals.
    The tape doesn't lie

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

LeBron pouting after being down in Game 6 is assholeness? Are we really that sensitive? What kinda attitude was he supposed to have?

Just as soon as the Bay contingent was chirping about Lebron, they ain't speaking no more.

Bron is aiite in my book. Most scrutinized athlete of all time, father-less for the most part, has to live up to these idiots' expectations, and just wants to be liked by everyone. Member when these idiot Cavs fans were burning his jersey, wishing he go to hell? "The Decision" was cashing in on his fame so that some charity can benefit from it, no more no less.

To the idiots who think he should have passed more, done this, done that. Should have listened to David Blatt more LOL funny shit. Read my post about Cavs 2K4-2K10.

Should be mandatory viewing for all haters, "More than a Game".

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Sports writers love a yeoman vet who pulls his team together after splashy stars struggle under adversity.

They don't love an insubordinate superstar who quits on his team even after carrying them all the way, with the final game almost completely out of reach.

That's who votes for MVP, not the fans, not the refs, not the coaches.

That's all I was suggesting.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Of course the greatest player in the world is going to live under a microscope. Ask Kareem all about it. But to label anyone with a valid critique a "hater" is some baby fanboy ish. Lebron fucked up by insisting that once Love and Irving went down that he could do it all alone. His own history proves that he can't, but that didn't stop him from turning what should have been viewed as a valiant effort into yet another act of calculated selfishness. But yes, blame people for not sharing in Lebron's complete lack of wherewithall.

HarveyCanal said:
    Of course the greatest player in the world is going to live under a microscope. Ask Kareem all about it. But to label anyone with a valid critique a "hater" is some baby fanboy ish. Lebron fucked up by insisting that once Love and Irving went down that he could do it all alone. His own history proves that he can't, but that didn't stop him from turning what should have been viewed as a valiant effort into yet another act of calculated selfishness. But yes, blame people for not sharing in Lebron's complete lack of wherewithall.

Did you watch the games?
    JR Smith couldn't find his shot. MozGov was well fed by LeBron.
    If dude sat back and passed to James Jones, Mike Miller, and the rest of the non-starting role players, folks would have been questioning his assertiveness. He's is there only true offensive option and had multiple triple doubles while defended by the MVP.
    How does one get 10 assists doing it all alone?
    They play an ISO offense. No one can consistently create for themselves except LeBron. He's supposed take over.
    Dude burned out by Game 4, not because he's being selfish, but they had no depth.
    Considering his position, i think he did a decent balancing act of taking over and getting teammates involved.

One game of pouting doesn't erase that shit.

I watched all 6 games. Cavs should have been exploiting the post more instead of all of that isolation at 25-30 feet away from the rim bs. But that's how Lebron calls a game for himself. He wants to be a giant Steph Curry outside instead of the best ever Karl Malone down low.

I watched all 6 games. Cavs should have been exploiting the post more instead of all of that isolation at 25-30 feet away from the rim bs. But that's how Lebron calls a game for himself. [strong]He wants to be a giant Steph Curry outside instead of the best ever Karl Malone down low[/strong].

I saw a different series. Thompson and Mozgov were getting fed by James, especially Mozgov.

James - 13 for 42 from 3.
    Curry - 25 of 65 from 3.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I think the thing that people find so irritating about LeBron is that he is so damn talented and dominant that he shouldn't have to be such a princess/whiner/coach underminer/whatever.

As far as his game on the court goes for this Finals series, he was the best offensive player on the floor for all six games and went berserk because he had to (no other options)-- it's just hard to appreciate that when he's screaming in his teammates/Blatt's or a ref's face at every dead ball.

It must suck to be on a team with the dude (apart from winning all the time.) And yes, Kobe, MJ etc. were probably huge assholes to their teammates, but they (particularly MJ) seemed to pull off being a shithead with a bit more tact once the cameras were on.

I blame millennials and Twitter. I'm old.

it's just hard to appreciate that when he's screaming in his teammates/Blatt's or a ref's face at every dead ball.

This is what seems to get people agitated I guess, and start nitpicking his game.

To anyone that has played at an elite level, all this media/fan criticism is total garbage.

HarveyCanal said:

I'm not talking right now. I'm talking most scrutinized OF ALL TIME, probably in ANY SPORT. There is no discussion here.

Allen Iverson went to the Finals ONCE. And he lost decisively. Nobody gives a shit about that. Lebron's been to the Finals five straight times, and won twice. Pretty much every NBA player would take that as a great career. And yet "oh he's selfish", "Oh, he should have gotten his teammates more involved", "He quit on his team!! omg". Garbage analysis.

You got Iman Shumpert and JR Smith on the wing, they ain't making cuts to the basket. Movgoz is slow, and takes time getting post position and obviously isn't as dominant as a Shaquille O'neal. So if Dellevedova is turnover-prone at the point, who the fuck is making the right passes at the right time?? You only have ONE superior player and some misfit pieces clearly. The formula had been the same throughout the season. Kyrie, Lebron go crazy. And then JR Smith is streaking. There was no reliable formula, but they still gave the Warriors problems.

yuichi said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I'm not talking right now. I'm talking most scrutinized OF ALL TIME, probably in ANY SPORT. There is no discussion here.

Allen Iverson went to the Finals ONCE. And he lost decisively. Nobody gives a shit about that. Lebron's been to the Finals five straight times, and won twice. Pretty much every NBA player would take that as a great career. And yet "oh he's selfish", "Oh, he should have gotten his teammates more involved", "He quit on his team!! omg". Garbage analysis.

You got Iman Shumpert and JR Smith on the wing, they ain't making cuts to the basket. Movgoz is slow, and takes time getting post position and obviously isn't as dominant as a Shaquille O'neal. So if Dellevedova is turnover-prone at the point, who the fuck is making the right passes at the right time?? You only have ONE superior player and some misfit pieces clearly. The formula had been the same throughout the season. Kyrie, Lebron go crazy. And then JR Smith is streaking. There was no reliable formula, but they still gave the Warriors problems.

Bingo

Frequency that Batmon and I agree = Frequency Warriors win a title

Y'all can agree with the headline narrative all you want. I still say the Cavs would have done better attacking small ball with Lebron scoring from within the paint all game and fouling out Bogut, Green, and Lee to where he, Mosgov, and Thompson would then have an easy time scoring at will. Had Blatt been allowed by Lebron to actually gameplan, may be. But no, Lebron wants to jack 7 three-pointers a game instead at a lackluster, non-winning rate. The dude can't be stopped down-low but again, he wants to be Magic Johnson or Oscar Robertson instead.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LeBron led both teams in points, rebounds, and assists in the Finals.

• DJ_Enki said:
    LeBron led both teams in points, rebounds, and assists in the Finals.

the 9th guy in the rotation on GSW was a 3-time allstar.

name the 9th guy in the rotation on cleveland.

[em](it's joe harris)[/em]

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    JR Smith couldn't find his shot. MozGov was well fed by LeBron.

JR Smith and Dellavadova had the lowest shot percentages this series. Lebron's assist stats pretty much nullify anyone who calls him a ball hog. He was playing in the finals with a true bench team. Folks who think he should have been able to do more are ignoring the reality of what he had to work with.

[According to the water cooler/espn logic, I have learned [strong] Peyton Manning is the most disrespectful player towards his coach in the history of sports ever[/strong] (since that seems to be based off of a player changing the play that was drawn up by the coach)...those audibles are a complete and total disrespect to his coach.

This is a pretty ridiculous analogy....many Quarterbacks are given the ability to call an audible. It's part of the game.....if Manning purposefully ignores his coach, acts like a petulant child when the coach is trying to do his job and tries to upstage him on national TV then you might be on to something.

The pace of play is different between the sports. In the NBA if the clock runs out and the ball is doing anything other than being an airborne shot the play/game is over. The pace between plays is different. Everything is different. Lebron doesn't have the luxury of seeing exactly how the defense is going to line up and then call an 'audible' before the action begins. The way basketball plays out, there really isn't time to call an audible towards the end of the game. You can reset/change the play etc but it isn't the same. If Lebron thinks what the coach is drawing up isn't taking into everything into account (as the best player in the NBA right now with a 100% bench team), then he calls it like he sees it and makes his decision...fuck feelings. Lastly, the football helmet masks a LOT of the stink eye that star players and quarterbacks are shooting at their coaching staff.

Based off the "Lebron's a dick because he is changing the coach's plays" argument....Manning is a piece of shit. Which is a complete JOKE because that is what masters of a sport do.

HarveyCanal said:
    ...Lebron wants to jack 7 three-pointers a game instead at a lackluster, non-winning rate...

I always see Lebron's deep field goal attempts and 3 ball attempts as a way to open the paint up more for him. He knows he isn't the best in those departments but if he can force the d' to respect that, then the floor opens up more for him and his team. Doesn't always work out that way...

Lebron didn't need to do "more", other than allow his coach/team to utilize the strategy of playing from the inside out rather than the other way around. But again and again, that would have Lebron looking too much like Anthony Mason instead of Tim Hardaway...and Lebron doesn't think that's good for his public image/legacy, so of course that will never happen, even when such a strategy clearly fits the scenario as an advantage over an opponent.