Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If you can break their defense they don't have the bodies and scoring to come back.

This is true of the Cavs. 3 days rest and we shall see if they are in fact depleted or not. "Pivotal" Game 5 coming up.

Bro's friend is good with this kinda shit.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/kdOE35B

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Great game!

Anyone see it?

I'm ready for next season. Getting tired of seeing stagnant small ball.

Congrats Motown, Jonny, Jimbeam.

Better team won. What an INCREDIBLE season for the Warriors.

Iggy and Barbosa with a title now. Good for them.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    :game_over:

vintageinfants said:

That's dope.

wait hold up, i just assumed Steph took the Finals MVP. Steph put up 26ppg, 6.3assists, 5boards. Just saying.

AI did his thing as a great ROLE player taking the tough defensive assignments and taking the pressure off Splash but come on man....NBA got a little carried away there.

and to the idiots saying Lebron was MVP. fuck outta here lol

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Was at the Arena tonight to watch the game on the big screen with 1000s of other warriors fans. Then drove through E14th to go home. People all out in the streets. Cars burning rubber. People on top of cars waving Warriors flags. Oakland is going wild tonight.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    yuichi said:
    wait hold up, i just assumed Steph took the Finals MVP. Steph put up 26ppg, 6.3assists, 5boards. Just saying.

AI did his thing as a great ROLE player taking the tough defensive assignments and taking the pressure off Splash but come on man....NBA got a little carried away there.

I assume you didnt watch any of the games.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:

He was--nobody else was even close, really. But team > individual.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

The only thing I have taken away from this result is

the Quicken Loans Arena

If they have so little taste, why can't they just be honest and call it the Fuck The Poor Arena?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    On Lebron: if you are going to ballhog and basically not run an offense as if that's the only resort (despite surprise above-their-heads performances by each of Thompson, Mosgov, and for 2 games, Dellavedova), you have to shoot for a higher percentage, period. Lebron had his fair share of assists, but getting your team involved doesn't mean just sitting back and letting J.R. Smith be the ballhog instead of you. Nobody even bothers listening to the guttural affirmations of your cheerleader (at best) Coach Blatt because you know, it's all about Lebron. I'm sorry, but this whole greatest-player-in-the-world-carrying-a-team-of-misfits-on-his-back narrative is just that. Not that it's completely untrue, but for Lebron, the narrative always seems more important than anything else and for as great a player as he undeniably is, he squarely remains a chump of personality.

mattB said:
    yuichi said:

I assume you didnt watch any of the games.

End of the season, but please convince me.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I move out of the Bay and a week later they actually for reals win the Finals... jerks.

Well, I'll miss the parade, and I had nobody to get faded w/ when they won it in my new city (my wife is not much of a weeknight party type,) but god damn it's awesome.

Good time to be a bay area sports dork for the last few years.

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    LeBum is now 2 for 6 in NBA finals! He'd be for 0 for 6 without two talent loaded Heat teams with Wade,Bosh and Allen to finally get him off the schneid. He doesn't know how to play team basketball like the young Warriors.

He's not clutch, and gets ridiculous VIP ref treatment (10 steps to the basket,touch fouls)

ROBERTHORRY>>lebronjames

Lebron apparently undermined Blatt on a possession-to-possession basis during the finals. after that Curry open lay-up towards the end of game 6 (where the Cavs looked in disarray), he sat on the bench with a towel over his head, unresponsive to the coach or his teammates as they called his name repeatedly.

That's your even-in-loss MVP?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    So much Skip Bayless level, ESPN-fed, unsubstantiated hip-shot opinions flying around right now.

It's hilarious.

JonnyPaycheck said:
    Lebron apparently undermined Blatt on a possession-to-possession basis during the finals. after that Curry open lay-up towards the end of game 6 (where the Cavs looked in disarray), he sat on the bench with a towel over his head, unresponsive to the coach or his teammates as they called his name repeatedly.

Yep several Warriors beat writers have been saying that Lebron is very difficult to coach. He wants to play a certain style and basically imposes it upon his coaches whether they like it or not. That goes to having people in his camp saying things in the media to put pressure on the coach to do what Lebron wants.

JectWon said:
    So much Skip Bayless level, ESPN-fed, unsubstantiated hip-shot opinions flying around right now.

It's hilarious.

bless us with that real deal courtside knowledge

motown67 said:
    JonnyPaycheck said:

Yep several Warriors beat writers have been saying that Lebron is very difficult to coach. He wants to play a certain style and basically imposes it upon his coaches whether they like it or not. That goes to having people in his camp saying things in the media to put pressure on the coach to do what Lebron wants.

Oh my god, Lebron showing frustrations? How dare he.

Control freak for sure. Same tendencies, MJ and Phil and Kobe had.

FYI, let's be clear though. David Blatt/Spoelstra are no Pat Riley, Larry Brown, Popovich, or Phil Jackson.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    motown67 said:
    JonnyPaycheck said:

Great player, but personally, LeBron seems like an egomaniacal asshole. Unfortunately, I was abroad and missed Game 2 onward of the series. Apparently, the NBA is not a big deal in Germany as I couldn't find the game on any channel. Hats off to the Warriors, they did their thing and solidified their season dominance in the league.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks, you were in Germany?!?

I was in Berlin for games 2-3-4. Fuck, we coulda gone digging.

Anyway, I did wake up at 3-4am to watch but that's excessive, admittedly.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    LeBron seems like an egomaniacal asshole.

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    JonnyPaycheck said:

Oh my god, Lebron showing frustrations? How dare he.

Control freak for sure. Same tendencies, MJ and Phil and Kobe had.

FYI, let's be clear though. David Blatt/Spoelstra are no Pat Riley, Larry Brown, Popovich, or Phil Jackson.

You're clueless once again

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Pat Riley, Larry Brown, Popovich, and Phil Jackson seem like egomaniacal assholes.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    JonnyPaycheck said:
    JectWon said:

It's hilarious.

bless us with that real deal courtside knowledge

Haha it's complicated....lotta moving parts. If I figure it out, I'll let yall know. I didn't necessarily mean this thread specifically (although it's totally here), I more just meant talk in general about the NBA right now.

According to the water cooler/espn logic, I have learned [strong] Peyton Manning is the most disrespectful player towards his coach in the history of sports ever[/strong] (since that seems to be based off of a player changing the play that was drawn up by the coach)...those audibles are a complete and total disrespect to his coach.