Who is the most complicated or complex rapper?

Comments

• Yeah, it's him or this guy:

He gets my vote for Most Nonsensical Unlistenable [/b].

Seriously. I think the 5th level of hell would be listening to him, bus driver, and all his fans gushing over their music.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    you all are sleeping...MIKE JONES IS FUCKING COMPLEX

chr*s, my kid can rap that mike jones song on point.

ya it was meant as a joke...but you NEEED to record that shit!

that gets my vote for most complicated song that's never been made
    he even sticks his hand in his mouth, so that he not only he looks like he's rocking the mic, but so that he's also unintelligible. < this was his answer when i asked him about it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, it's him or this guy:

He gets my vote for Most Nonsensical Unlistenable [/b].

Seriously. I think the 5th level of hell would be listening to him, bus driver, and all his fans gushing over their music.
    CO-FUCKING-SIGN. between he and busdriver, i wonder what the fuck is happening in the rap game.

• maybe this fella named CHINO XL. he was popular for about 5 minutes. peace, stein. . .

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Fu-Schnikens

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

ghostface.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    GZA.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

yes.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    GZA.
    SAMSON

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    so a mix of something to say, nice wordplay, unique flow, interesting personality and somewhat odd choice in clothing?

i pick

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Gza is a good pick.

We're building the ultimate MC out of some of these names.

• as far as the 40 water jams go...

check out...

"mr. flamboyant" and "mic check" on the click's (40's first group) "down and dirty"

"hurricane" and "world went crazy" on the click's "game related"

"carlos rossi" on "federal"

"sideways" on "in a major way"

"it is what it is" on "hall of game"

"flashin", "jump my bone", and "to da beat" on "element of surprise"

as far as the later stuff, i've kinda fell off cause it didn't catch me.
    the early shit is pretty damn fresh though. these are most of my personal faves.

- gabe

as far as the 40 water jams go...

check out...

"mr. flamboyant" and "mic check" on the click's (40's first group) "down and dirty"

the early shit is pretty damn fresh though. these are most of my personal faves.

- gabe

so i guess we're talking complex lyrically rather than intellectually at this point, right? cause at least two of those songs are just about drinking. not exactly from a content standpoint.

I luv 40 by the way. just clarifying.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    i'm gunna threadjack here, but i've never gotten down to much E-40.
    any particular tracks you would suggest for the uninitiated?

TRack he did recently called "Gasoline" is pretty hot. I enjoy the production on it...good uptempo party track.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Fu-Schnikens
    DJ Sheep, is that a chick getting hype on a Mexican game show? She's loveleyishness...

• As for "complex", I'll go with Mr Complex.
    And "f@$k being hard, Posdonous is COMPLICATED".

word although mr complex hasn't done that much.

also OC and mad skillz but that was back in the days when rap was good.

• Canibus without a question. I hate that people can associate with him is a horrid debut album, wyclef, and ll beef. this guy has been riddled with the worst production on the face of this earth which is why i guess he gets no props. and he's not some emo rap shit mc either, or nerd rap (i.e. opening an enclyopedia and just rhyming words that end in "tion") . this guy is a computer scientist/rocket scientist genius. his vocabulary is phenomenal and topic range is nuts. he hipped me up to something in my own culture that i wasn't aware of in his lyrics (the bhagvad gita) and his album "mic curriculum" take hip hop lyricism to a place not even touched before or since, its like listening to an intelligent professor give lectures on mythology and geology....but the production sucks. but its worth it to listen to for lyrics alone. i feel he's someone that will be appreciated by underground heads in the year 2040 when his style may become the norm. his annunciation sp? is so clear cut and precise and he can rap for days...

BUT

he made and makes continous stupid decisions. released the most wackest rap album ever (c true hollywood stories) and his latest are terrible too. i'l admit he's monotonous. not much personality...but damn,when he came out i printed his lyrics from ohhla.com and used to look up the terms he used that i didnt understand. in an industry that seems to dumb down intelligence "yo will, u used a school word?" i guess i can see why he gets no love. but if there was anyone that could show how mindblowing of a medium lyrical wizardry could be(and not just punchlines), i'd put my money on him. its a shame he's dumbing himself down now to be "down".

Yo, I hung out with him like 3 nights ago. (Yo Spidey, you need to hang with me more. I'll take you to the top!) I was drinking in this punk bar here in town the other night and sure enough he walked in and sat down with these 2 big ass dudes with dreds. I debated for a minute then walked over to him, introduced myself and gave him some daps. First thing he says is, "You wanna hear my new album?" Next thing I know, I'm in this insanly huge Humvee (sp?) ouside listening to his new project (called Cloak & Dagger) and he's bumming squares off of me.

I agree with everything you said. The guy is really talented and truly intellegent but it just baffles me the beats he chooses to rhyme over. Wacksauce.

Yo, those 2 big dudes with dreds were his producers. They also told me they were K1 fighters. I picked their brain about beats for a minute and decided it would be in my best intrest and wellbeing to keep any constructive criticism to myself.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    i think roots manuva deserves a look in IMHO.

Canibus without a question. I hate that people can associate with him is a horrid debut album, wyclef, and ll beef. this guy has been riddled with the worst production on the face of this earth which is why i guess he gets no props. and he's not some emo rap shit mc either, or nerd rap (i.e. opening an enclyopedia and just rhyming words that end in "tion") . this guy is a computer scientist/rocket scientist genius. his vocabulary is phenomenal and topic range is nuts. he hipped me up to something in my own culture that i wasn't aware of in his lyrics (the bhagvad gita) and his album "mic curriculum" take hip hop lyricism to a place not even touched before or since, its like listening to an intelligent professor give lectures on mythology and geology....but the production sucks. but its worth it to listen to for lyrics alone. i feel he's someone that will be appreciated by underground heads in the year 2040 when his style may become the norm. his annunciation sp? is so clear cut and precise and he can rap for days...

BUT

he made and makes continous stupid decisions. released the most wackest rap album ever (c true hollywood stories) and his latest are terrible too. i'l admit he's monotonous. not much personality...but damn,when he came out i printed his lyrics from ohhla.com and used to look up the terms he used that i didnt understand. in an industry that seems to dumb down intelligence "yo will, u used a school word?" i guess i can see why he gets no love. but if there was anyone that could show how mindblowing of a medium lyrical wizardry could be(and not just punchlines), i'd put my money on him. its a shame he's dumbing himself down now to be "down".

Yo, I hung out with him like 3 nights ago. (Yo Spidey, you need to hang with me more. I'll take you to the top!) I was drinking in this punk bar here in town the other night and sure enough he walked in and sat down with these 2 big ass dudes with dreds. I debated for a minute then walked over to him, introduced myself and gave him some daps. First thing he says is, "You wanna hear my new album?" Next thing I know, I'm in this insanly huge Humvee (sp?) ouside listening to his new project (called Cloak & Dagger) and he's bumming squares off of me.

I agree with everything you said. The guy is really talented and truly intellegent but it just baffles me the beats he chooses to rhyme over. Wacksauce.

Yo, those 2 big dudes with dreds were his producers. They also told me they were K1 fighters. I picked their brain about beats for a minute and decided it would be in my best intrest and wellbeing to keep any constructive criticism to myself.

there's a dreadlocked K1 dude that used to be down with LA underground rapper phoneix orion. dewey cooper. whatup with K1 fighters and rappers? BTW remy bojansky and mcdonald are but no one will ever fuck with mr. perfect ernesto hoost.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Dude, I'm bout to turn scientologist and move in. I'll sleep in a sleeping bag on the kitchen. Shit, I'll even pay for the adult swim.

When I talked to Canibus he told me, "yo I seen dude bust out like 30 handhops? Can you do 30 handhops?" hahaha

- spidey

• Fifty.

Obviously.

dude bit the blowed.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Canibus without a question. I hate that people can associate with him is a horrid debut album, wyclef, and ll beef. this guy has been riddled with the worst production on the face of this earth which is why i guess he gets no props. and he's not some emo rap shit mc either, or nerd rap (i.e. opening an enclyopedia and just rhyming words that end in "tion") . this guy is a computer scientist/rocket scientist genius. his vocabulary is phenomenal and topic range is nuts. he hipped me up to something in my own culture that i wasn't aware of in his lyrics (the bhagvad gita) and his album "mic curriculum" take hip hop lyricism to a place not even touched before or since, its like listening to an intelligent professor give lectures on mythology and geology....but the production sucks. but its worth it to listen to for lyrics alone. i feel he's someone that will be appreciated by underground heads in the year 2040 when his style may become the norm. his annunciation sp? is so clear cut and precise and he can rap for days...

BUT

I woulda been the guy who after a couple tracks woulda been like, "damn, the rhymes are tight but these beats are pretty wack, right guys?"

:commence beatdown:

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

as far as the 40 water jams go...

check out...

- gabe

Also "fuck a ho"
    "hide n seek"
    "999,999 + $1= A Mealticket"

• I thought canibus joined the army.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

DJ Sheep, is that a chick getting hype on a Mexican game show? She's loveleyishness...

Brazilian national futbol (read: soccer) team supporter...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I thought canibus joined the army.

He did and he was stationed here at Fort Lewis. I used to see him all the time at clubs and hip-hop shows here in Seattle. This was a couple of years ago. Maybe he's done with his army term.