TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    pcmr said:
    but real arent that stupid

You can never underestimate the stupidity of Floro Perez's transfer policy. In fact, that is just the type of stupid thing he does - sells off his best midfielder, probably in order to buy another star forward. I just don't know who has left to buy at this point.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I dunno about stupid - The Real board's transfer policy seems to be to purchase galacticos, regardless of where and what they need. They sure shift a f*ckload of shirts and that always looks good to the shareholders and accountants. Managerial churn sees that no-one stays around long enough to see a system bearing fruit but they've gotten by nicely enough for them to not worry about a gaffer anymore.

They really, really want Aguero but City can't afford to lose their only world-class player, regardless of what they Real offer in return - City don't need the money.

J i m s t e r said:
    I dunno about stupid - The Real board's transfer policy seems to be to purchase galacticos, regardless of where and what they need. They sure shift a f*ckload of shirts and that always looks good to the shareholders and accountants. Managerial churn sees that no-one stays around long enough to see a system bearing fruit but they've gotten by nicely enough for them to not worry about a gaffer anymore.

They really, really want Aguero but City can't afford to lose their only world-class player, regardless of what they Real offer in return - City don't need the money.

seems some people are starting to ask tougher questions of Perez's policy lately. He says they make all the money back just on shirt sales, but the return on the field has been pathetic. Over €1 Billion spent in order to win 1 league title in the past 7 years and finally get the CL they so deeply craved, and yet they get completely overshadowed by their greatest rivals during this period. Perhaps it's starting to seem a bit futile, but as long as they got that bottomless well of cash I don't think they give a fuck. Maybe once the restructuring of the TV money kicks in they'll change their habits a bit.

The only way I can see Aguero going there is on some "greater ambitions, new challenges" type of forced move.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    Maybe once the restructuring of the TV money kicks in they'll change their habits a bit.

I too am interested to see how this plays out. I'd like to think that real decision makers understand that it's good for the benefit of la liga in the long run if they can better share the TV rights, but I also don't see RM or FCB going quietly with removing this huge cash cow. They both have plenty of backing to cash, but part of that (especially for RM) is based on the cash flow they've always been able to generate.

I'm more interested to see who RM goes after for Goal Keeper -- I think that will be an interesting "merry-go-round" of players if they really try and make a move for De Gea

this shit just gets more and more fucked up, doesn't it?

The German newspaper Die Zeit reported on Friday that the then chancellor Gerhard Shröder supplied arms to Saudi Arabia in return for support in Germany’s World Cup bid, in which it defeated South Africa 12-11 in the final round in controversial circumstances. The claims, also reported in Der Spiegel, alleged that the government lifted arms restrictions days before the vote in order to make the shipment and help swing Saudi Arabia’s vote to Germany.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/05/fifa-scandal-arms-germany-deal-saudi-valcke-warner-delaney-ireland-henry

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ppadilha said:

Yeah a popcorn gif really doesn't do this justice.

What next - FIFA implicated in 9/11?

Duderonomy said:
    ppadilha said:

I heard FIFA sent a robot from the future back to the early 80s to kill John Connor

• ppadilha said:
    Duderonomy said:
    ppadilha said:

I heard FIFA sent a robot from the future back to the early 80s to kill John Connor

FIFA delegate was the official title.

I wish I could achieve things in life the same way Vermaelen just did.

• ppadilha said:

He has Obi Mikel feeling overworked..

ppadilha said:

Wenger had a clause written into his sale that means Arsenal just made 5 million from Barca winning the champs league!
    Arsene knows.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    ppadilha said:

Wenger had a clause written into his sale that means Arsenal just made 5 million from Barca winning the champs league!
    Arsene knows.

Afraid not!

• anyone down to crack one open with the boy in dublin come late september?

Yes blud! I have to get a round of drinks in over there anyway. My pennance for winning a fantasy league with old muckers from my time over there.

One more won't hurt.

Say when.

• J i m s t e r said:

Say when.

sep 22- oct 1.

also, any must-hit spots and other recco's always welcome. as touristy and hokey as you may see it, guinness plant a must-go for me.

I never did the plant tour, despite living right the f*ck opposite it. I was told by someone who worked there to drink where they drank if you wanted decent Guinness. I did put a couple of stone on over there. The mitigating factors were not having heat or electricity for days on end, so we spent most of our time outside of work in the bar. With Australians and Irish. It was never going to be a health spa.

Looking at those dates, Fri 25th to Sunday 27th look good for me. I'll see if my Dubs are around then too.

My liver is looking at me like a frightened dog.

vintageinfants said:
    anyone down to crack one open with the boy in dublin come late september?

Dublin?'you can. Fuck. The fuck Off.
    Get thee to London and let's do it

• skel said:
    vintageinfants said:
    anyone down to crack one open with the boy in dublin come late september?

Dublin?'you can. Fuck. The fuck Off.
    Get thee to London and let's do it

actually having a peak at ryanair flights to maybe pop over to munich for oktoberfest.

for the amount i saved on airfare, i can basically have a free vacation inside of europe and stay in the black.

After dropping the sproggs off this afternoon, and seeking alternative from eurofunk n Lord Hardcastle cd fodder, I tuned into talk sport ahead of the U21 games vs Schveeden.

Harry Kane interview. Every sentence littered with "as I said before".
    No you didn't, Harry, not once.
    But I forgive you. Young lad, etc etc.
    But Stuart Pearce though.
    Catchphrases all over the place.
    At times
    At this moment in time
    Structure
    As in 'structured ball out to the wing', '80s English structure', 'well structured move'.

No wonder he's had dismal failures at management.
    Worst pundit ever.
    Jimster to speak on his Citeh time.

skel said:
    But Stuart Pearce though.

IIRC loves his punk and things of that nature. Doesn't lack passion. Doesn't fit the stereotypical "WAG-Spit-Roaster" profile. Although II also RC, isn't he a bit right-wing and got off with calling Paul Ince "A bl*ck c**t?". I would wager he's on the money with the c*ntliness, but one must never bring one's origins into the mix when slinging four-letter missives, no?

As a football manager? I think he did alright at Forest and City to be fair. I mean, his clay was Richard Dunne and dem. Stick that on even the most golden of potter's wheels and your pot is still going to come out looking like Stevie Wonder's interpretation of Joan Collins' clout. He was given the elbow for Sven, who I guess had more managerial gravitas at the time of Shiniwatra's stint upstairs and was deemed to have the track record to move City to "The Next Level". Which, IIRC, was being Klausthallered by Middlesborough 983-1 in theee worst performance I've ever seen from City.

Back at Forest he was again crippled by lack of resource - a bit of a poisoned chalice in all; Forest have been a selling-club for a while and he seems to have become a victim of that mentality in the upper echelons of the board. I think Englishness now counts against managers when applying for jobs with UEFA Champions aspirations, so I doubt we'll see the likes of him at the helm of club with a fat wallet.

so Partick Thistle has a new mascot:

ppadilha said:
    so Partick Thistle has a new mascot:

Fuck. Looks like they put their one fan in the deep fat fryer.
    Those crazy scots will dff anything ffs.

Looks like a monobrowed Sun.

Dregful.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    WTF It's like some kind of nightmare Lisa Simpson. Or a character you'd see in an awareness play about STDs. "Hi! I'm Herpes labialis, little Sister to Herpes genitalis!"

Isn't this the point when some dude says Southgate did well, given the circs?

Or reckons Pearce could do a good job?

gtfoohwtbs
    GTFuckingFOOHWTBS

Worst ever generation of English football managers,

Absolutely fucking woeful.

• That mascot reminds me of the sun from Teletubbies somehow.

All our managers are trying to make England all tactical/continental style instead of just having us play our way..attack, attack, attack. The only time we have been good is when England play like that.

badder_than_evil said:
    All our managers are trying to make England all tactical/continental style instead of just having us play our way..attack, attack, attack. The only time we have been good is when England play like that.

After years of careful study (mostly involving many pints in the boozer and hours of nodding off in front of Match of the Day), I now understand the eternal dilemma that English football faces.

Attack, attack, attack is great to watch and does work.

Unfortunately, that tempo cannot be maintained for the duration of a tournament.

The teams that tend to win those play methodical, economical "Tournament football" - conserving as much energy as possible, like Usain Bolt jogging the qualifiers.

England's record bears this out. The team always look out of ideas come the last 16 (should we get that far). No-one says it, but they are too knackered to play the balls-out Prem-style game that got them through the group stages.

So I can see why the managers are trying to adopt the Tournament Football model. Unfortunately, most sides don't play that way in the regular season, and we don't seem to teach kids the game that Pirlo or Xavi play.

• Let's be honest, they generally struggle to reach the last 16 regardless.
    Our players seem to freeze in the tournaments too, afraid they are going to be that year's scapegoat.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Stumbled on a pic of Danny Baker's record collection

Apparently this is just A to E. You ever sell him anything Skell? Or is it radio freebies