Serato really can’t be fucked with.

124»

Comments

• Does that mean you can record your live sets on the spot as well?

The probem with that is that
    1) Serato sees the records pre-fader
    2) that would be extra processing power that might slow down Serato

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I record onto the same laptop I am running (IBM T42, 1.7ghz Centrino, 512MB RAM) Serato with. If you have a decently powered laptop, the only problems you should run into while recording is if you are using a USB powered soundcard. Serato gets kinda picky when you are running more than one USB device sometimes.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I record onto the same laptop I am running (IBM T42, 1.7ghz Centrino, 512MB RAM) Serato with. If you have a decently powered laptop, the only problems you should run into while recording is if you are using a USB powered soundcard. Serato gets kinda picky when you are running more than one USB device sometimes.

it sure does. my little USB powered cooling pad (basically just 2 fans that sit in a tray under the laptop) makes my laptop spazz out when Serato is plugged in.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

it sure does. my little USB powered cooling pad (basically just 2 fans that sit in a tray under the laptop) makes my laptop spazz out when Serato is plugged in.

I run a USB 2.0 4 port hub with a 300GB ext HD and a cooling pad (and sometimes a Griffin iMic to record with Audacity) through it and I never have a problem unless I load a corrupt file or leave Airport (Apple wireless) on. I thought I was having some USB dropouts one time a while back, but it was related to me not shutting off Airport.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    So... Did this Serato thing ever catch on?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    As much as I love my records, I will always have my Serato as a backup. I had to play somewhere on Saturday and I have to say that between the stress of damaging my records, not wanting to leave them in the car in case someone steals it (yeah, I actually think about this kind of shit), other paranoia that comes with lugging around expensive records, the amount of time it takes to go through the collection and pull out what I want to bring, and finally, having people come up to me with good requests that I have at home, but just didn't bring, are all valid points to keep using this.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    RAJ said:
    So... Did this Serato thing ever catch on?

Yes. But I still play Vinyl too. Who cares in 2015...but the convenience of Serato is unbeatable...

• still not fu**ing with Serato.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:
    still not fu**ing with Serato.

i got on board for a year or so but ended up going back to the records.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    got my set up about two years ago, just started really getting back into playing a lot the last year or so, I turned down going to the record fair on the weekend and went and bought dicers for my Serato finally, this weekend has been out of control, these dicers have really changed my set up even more now..

I will never get rid of my records and would never see me ever using this to play a live show, but the amount of fun you can have with all the gadgets/controllers and shit, real time effects makes up for it to me.

the ability to cut & scratch my own beats and accapella's is all I ever wanted and being able to remix my own tracks easily is worth it for me...

as a PC user though, I straight up regret buying this piece of shit MacBook, I fucking hate the thing and don't understand a lick of it... its my biggest set back right now, my MP3's are all over the place and not organized because I still haven't figured out how to make a file folder on the HDD, so everything is sitting on my desktop in a mess, the thing has been nagging me for months to update it but I am scared to do that in case something goes screwy and I cant figure out what I did wrong.... ugh, lol

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Seratoed for a while. Still hook up the box at weddings and stuff just in case but mostly back on records.
    Regarding the MacBook, you gotta give up on the PC style tinkering and use the GUIs. Set iTunes to "save a copy in iTunes folder". Then play new songs in iTunes so it copy's the file and then throw away the copys littered around yer desktop and stuff.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Rane 62 changed the game, the post fader FXs work with real vinyl (unlike Traktor mixers)... i have nights that favor real vinyl and nights that favor Serato. just depends what im doing.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah LOL