Star Wars

13»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    cai said:

b/w Chewie hasn't aged?

Its something along the lines of, wookies can live to be 400 years old and Chewie was around 200 during a New Hope.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Meanwhile, in the video game part of the franchise, SW Battlefront is also looking mighty pretty:

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    ^^^ omfg that looks 100 times sicker than either of the movie trailers.

sick game trailer said:
    Game Engine Footage
    :face_melt:

• nice.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY" @2:10

FALSE JEDI

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

FALSE JEDI

Extremely false Jedi. "Game Engine Footage" is a fancy way of saying, "The game will look nothing like this." Probably not even the cut scenes.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    J i m s t e r said:

FALSE JEDI

Extremely false Jedi. "Game Engine Footage" is a fancy way of saying, "The game will look nothing like this." Probably not even the cut scenes.

it's like showing you just the dunks from Double Dribble and making you think the entire game will be like that

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    J i m s t e r said:

FALSE JEDI

it's like showing you just the dunks from Double Dribble and making you think the entire game will be like that

Hahaha! It's actually even worse than that. "Game engine footage" just means it's stuff they rendered using the game's engine. But they developed it outside of the actual game development and rendered it by running the game engine at maximum specs--like, a super-souped-up PC, something far beyond a PS4. It's not at all representative of what the game will be like.

DJ_Enki said:
    ppadilha said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    J i m s t e r said:

FALSE JEDI

Hahaha! It's actually even worse than that. "Game engine footage" just means it's stuff they rendered using the game's engine. But they developed it outside of the actual game development and rendered it by running the game engine at maximum specs--like, a super-souped-up PC, something far beyond a PS4. It's not at all representative of what the game will be like.

Obviously it's not actual gameplay. It's a cut-scene/movie using the in-game engine (that may still be modified before release).
    Obviously they're going to do this trailer with the most ballin' PC they can possibly build.
    Obviously you have to take this with a grain of salt. Just like any trailer for basically anything ever.

But it still looks awesome and I hope the actual game will be too.

mattB said:

Obviously you have to take this with a grain of salt. Just like any trailer for basically anything ever.

I feel a disturbance in the force.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Surely they can't be worse than the prequels. I struggle to :

a) Recall the plot-threads of these without getting them mashed-up.
    b) Give a fusk about a)

I mean, with the OGs, it was all much simpler :

IV) Sandpeople, Cantina, Deathstar, Lightsabers, Bullseye.
    V) Snow, Walkers, Swamp, Lando, Father.
    VI) Carbonite, Giant Vagina, Hot Leia, Ewoks, Speeder bikes, Bullseye.

The prequels are all Politics, which-one-is-the-princess-again?, twin-lightsabers, Binks, something-something-old-republic, podracing, epic bakkles, four-lightsabers, Politics, something about Yoda throwing a ring in a volcano on Pandora.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hey, it's so sweet all you grown-ups staying in touch with your inner 13yo

:cheese:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    skel said:
    Hey, it's so sweet all you grown-ups staying in touch with your inner 13yo

:cheese:

Get off your grass?

Gameplay:

:face_melt:

Part me says I don't need to watch any more trailers as I know this will be good... but I have to watch these trailers!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

It's a couple years old but still funny

• I no big Star Wars nerd, though like most 40+ year old blokes I loved the first three movies that came out, part of out childhood.
    I had no interest in this new movie based on the last three movies released but on checking the above trailer its got my attention, Im going to go and see it on the big screen and I have a feeling it will be good!

• Yea. New trailer makes it look pretty epic just hope it doesn't over do the nostalgia.