WHOOPS! SOMETHING WENT WRONG!

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited April 2015 in Strut Central
Am I the only one experiencing this a lot lately? I had quite a few delicately crafted zingers aimed and Frank and PatrcikCrazy that I cannot be bothered to re-type. This will not stand.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    It's a timeout on the form, from when you started typing to when you hit Submit.

If your scathing missive turns into a biggie, best you highlight the prose and do a ctrl+c before submitting, that way you have the text copied to the clipboard to paste into take 2.

Oft an easy step to forget when the red mist has come down, doe.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    It's a timeout on the form, from when you started typing to when you hit Submit.

If your scathing missive turns into a biggie, best you highlight the prose and do a ctrl+c before submitting, that way you have the text copied to the clipboard to paste into take 2.

Oft an easy step to forget when the red mist has come down, doe.

time and patience are the enemy of a good zinger. I suspect Gary is taking too long to think up his snipes.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

I think this is why James left.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    There was a plutonium grade post from the boy staxwax on the Zulu jacket thing after Gary's last post. It is no longer there. I guessed there was something legal or illegal that made raj delete and lock it down.
    Wish I could see it again, had to take 10 minutes after the first view.
    I mean, we know the Dutch and Germans have some issues, but Jeebus.

skel said:
    There was a plutonium grade post from the boy staxwax on the Zulu jacket thing after Gary's last post. It is no longer there. I guessed there was something legal or illegal that made raj delete and lock it down.

That thread went from popcorn to ugly real fast. Staxwax's post was laced with Nazi imagery. Delete and Lock.

• tech12ztech12z 56 Posts
    This is why I always prepare my zingers in Word documents

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    While we are on the subject,
    Smileys don't show up in my browser (firefox).

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    fuck!

anyway
    to continue:
    "a man of leisure having a light dinner with his wife being served by the maid in the garden" is perhaps the MOST pompous arrogant KUNT- like thing ever posted by a carpet bagging "curator" on soulstrut EVAR!
    you win the douchecake prize frank

so which is it twinkle toes
    are you ghetto or gold?
    you can't have both you fucking sanctimonious repugnant twat

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    RAJ said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzin- whoops! something went wrong!

LaserWolf said:

2nd'd. (chrome)

Smileys don't show up [strong]when I'm logged in[/strong]!

RAJ said:
    skel said:

That thread went from popcorn to ugly real fast. Staxwax's post was laced with Nazi imagery. Delete and Lock.

Yeah, but we got the "It belongs in a museum" pic which completely redeemed it (and single-handedly won poast-of-the-month).

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    RAJ said:
    skel said:

Yeah, but we got the "It belongs in a museum" pic which completely redeemed it (and single-handedly won poast-of-the-month).

I hadn't even been checking that thread, but I just did, and it was really something. I feel like Frank's monologue about the futility of plebeian life should be read in a French accent while "Take Five" plays in the background pitched down to -8.

DJ_Enki said:
    Duderonomy said:
    RAJ said:
    skel said:

I hadn't even been checking that thread, but I just did, and it was really something. I feel like Frank's monologue about the futility of plebeian life should be read in a French accent while "Take Five" plays in the background pitched down to -8.

Yeah, but he isn't having dinner served to him by a maid - he's just fucking around to generate outrage, and I think it's funny.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    RAJ said:
    skel said:

geez was it that bad? Poster of the troma movie surf nazis must die in response to the surfing boasts 'the fourth reich hangs ten!'

a color foto of a beaming adolf hitler and eva braun being waited on at dinner in response to the maid serving light dinner in zee patio bs

and a picture of a nazi treasure hoard in response to the 'my uber raer collection is in the finest art storage facility in berling garbage'.

I didnt realize it would be considered so inflammatory, just some ribbing,

I couldnt remember that indiana jones quote about the uber mensch chosen reich thing from raiders though...

Thing is, with the Nazis, it's always too soon...

...and yet we have Godwin's Law...

...which says it's inevitable.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hats off to Staxwax tho, best post I've read in a long long minute.
    Words and pix in perfect harmony. Very offensive but very funny.
    I'd have a poster of that on the wall for sure.

Cmon raj, post it back up.
    Or your (sic) soft.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I enjoy Frank's posts, respect his record game, and suspect he is a great guy.
    Gave me good Berlin recommendations.

Frank is enjoyable to read because he either HATES something or LOVES something.
    No middle ground. On any topic.

The down side is it has become a habit of his to slam those who disagree with him (the strutter norm) and to defend his life. I have read over and over again defensive descriptions of his wild punk rock youth, his pioneering soul nights, his international gigs and his wallowing in all the finest luxuries. It's boring. As are some peoples predictable attacks on him, his wife and his nationality.

Are the smileys fixed yet?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Duderonomy said:
    RAJ said:
    skel said:

Yeah, but he isn't having dinner served to him by a maid - he's just fucking around to generate outrage, and I think it's funny.

I have no idea if any of it is true or not. I just thought that post sounded wonderfully existential, heavy as it was with ennui.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    RAJ said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzin- whoops! something went wrong!

Well done, all of you. I lol'd.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    LaserWolf said:

2nd'd. (chrome)
    3rd'd..oddly enough they show up when im logged out (firefox)

LaserWolf said:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    FOOTPRINTS
    Attached files

ppadilha said:
    LaserWolf said:

For alot of you yes....

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

RAJ said:
    ppadilha said:
    LaserWolf said:

For alot of you yes....

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

:bizzo:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Oh man how I missssssed the GREAMLINS!!

That Frank thread is hardcore: Frank >>> Retired anyday. The man's a force of nature, holy shit.

wish I knew how to get that Zulus patch photoshoped onto this LP cover:

Funny thing is I could see Frank and Gary actually getting along face to face. Frank and Kala on the other hand.... watch out that beef runs deep.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't have any beef with frank. I just liked busting his balls.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Gary said:

Yet, your wimpy grasp won't allow you to bust anything at all.
    But don't let the feeling of impotence drag you into a slump.
    Try to remain positive.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Eat me! said:
    Gary said:

Yet, your wimpy grasp won't allow you to bust anything at all.
    But don't let the feeling of impotence drag you into a slump.
    Try to remain positive.

Do I dare put your PM's on blast? The temptation is REAL.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Anybody ever been honest enough to tell you that sewage stink never really comes off, no matter how long you scrub that flabby ass?