WWSSD

pimlicosquirrelpimlicosquirrel 772 Posts
edited March 2015 in Strut Central
We get an inordinate amount of mattresses (amongst other shit...including actual shit) dumped in our street, I intend to start writing on the mattresses and other large refuse in an attempt to highlight how shitty an act it is.

I lack the whit to be both engaging and eviscerating in a few words. Anyone got any suggestions?

This is the stencil in the background...

Comments

• I'm thinking of just going with....

[strong]Cunt.[/strong]

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Just common-or-garden lazy fuckers.

Couple of fake CCTV cameras may help.

Shit like this makes my blood boil.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dunno how it is over there, but here in Sydney, local Councils actually can install mobile cameras in places where dumping occurs in order to identify and prosecute offenders. Might be worth checking with them to see if they can make this happen?

• Yeah, I had an hour meeting with a senior council rep the other day (I am in Sydney/KX) for an hour about a number of issues (dealers, dog shit, drunks, parking, prostitutes, dumped cars...we get them all) We walked the length of the entire street and he saw first hand the sheer amount of refuse people are just tipping into the street.

He had the various piles taken away that day.....and I sent him photos of a dozen more shit piles the following week.

I've also started a street collective/forum (70 odd members), letter box dropped 300 properties, made the stencil above....I'm beginning to think someone is fucking with me and dragging mattresses from all over the city to my street.

Anyway, I want to start writing on these fucking mattresses, there is no shortage. But what?

Also just tempted to set the things on fire whenever they pop up.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    "Rolf Harris Freedom Appeal collection point"

"Sydney/KX"

I'd avoid touching any abandoned mops.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Smile you are on camera

This area monitored by security camera and you will be put on the news

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I manage an apartment building (of course I do). Years ago I would lose it--I'd confront non-tenants for simply using our garbage cans, and I'll admit to dragging bed frames and shit back across the street if I saw you do it.
    I had a revelation after one heated exchange with a dude who was throwing his dog shit in our dumpster: in an area where plenty of dog owners don't bother to pick it up, here I was about to murder a guy who'd just use our dumpster.
    Embarrassing.
    Like I slept in the dumpster or something.
    Yeah.
    Now I take a deep breath and break down my neighbor's cardboard, make room in the dumpster for their trash, and maybe call for a special pickup.
    I still find littering and the idea of stealing my garbage service abhorrent, but I've realized the rest of the world doesn't. As much. It's just my thing, and I've accepted it.
    Your situation would drive me crazy. The harder you fight, the more involved you get, the more it'll tear you apart...
    Throw up your hands and let them ruin our world. That's it. We are fucked.

But my favorite mattress spray paint is FREE BED BUGS.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    the more involved you get, the more it'll tear you apart...

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    "Sydney/KX"

I'd avoid touching any abandoned mops.

HA!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Post up a sign that says "Your Choice $50 Each" If people think it's worth money they will steal it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    We only get furniture (and other and actual shit) dumped by my house about once a month. Like the Duke, I have learned to take a more philosophical approach. The city is pretty good about picking it up on week days when I call them.

• LaserWolf said:
    We only get furniture (and other and actual shit) dumped by my house about once a month. Like the Duke, I have learned to take a more philosophical approach. The city is pretty good about picking it up on week days when I call them.

Yeah, once a month is fine, but everyday at multiple locations is wearing and then you discover someone has shit on your car again and your kid is playing with a hypo he found on the street while someone screams gibberish in the distance.....

Anyway, I wanted to go with Skel's idea but someone was watching from the balcony above...he gave me the thumbs up regardless, which was nice.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• "Free Ebola Here"

b/w

"Smells Like Teen Spirit"

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I like the FREE BED BUGS idea.

b/w

Nice handstyles!

• What would one write on a trio of refrigerators?

KID TRAPS

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    These fridges could be a great canvas for a Banksyesque stencil. Throw in a pithy phrase like 'we used to be cool' and some hipster art gallery wannabe will come and lift n shift with quickness.
    Everyone's a winner.

pimlicosquirrel said:
    What would one write on a trio of refrigerators?

Frillio, you find the right gallery mug, you are sat on a goldmine.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    skel said:
    These fridges could be a great canvas for a Banksyesque stencil. Throw in a pithy phrase like 'we used to be cool'
    5 Stars! Excelsior!

• KID TRAPS[/quote

E-Z Budget Day Care

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dude, if you're in KX I'd wager that 9 times out of 10 it's homeless people moving the mattresses to sleep on and then leaving before you get there. That's how it is in the local government area I work in.