Tassles on men's loafers

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited February 2015 in Strut Central
Wtf.

I work in an office and still, in this day and age, some dudes have loafers with little tassels on them.

They went to a shoe store, and out of all the shoes they coulda picked they were like "yo.... Them joints with the tassels though!"

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    You're talking about some old dudes right?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    No Pennies?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    That shit is heinous and not a look I would personally rock...but I believe loafers with tassles made a comeback at least a year ago, if not longer.

You're seeing more dudes sporting blazers with pocket-squares, suspenders, bow-ties, etc., and loafers fit into that aesthetic.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    It's a ghastly look on a man, for sure.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I am comfortable saying I'll die without ever wearing loafers with tassels. No problem announcing that.

• i would wear socks and crocs all day before i parlayed the idea of wearing ANY shoe with any type of a tassle any time...

Tassel/Tassle pass:

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Tassel/Tassle pass:

I imagine taking it on the chin like that (no oh myyyy), would be a hassel.

;)

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Tassels have indeed come full circle and do really help bring out the pleat in your pants, players. Not that I am of the tax bracket to indulge is such accoutrements...

• Yo fuck a tassel!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Yo fuck a tassel!!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    "Don't tassel me bro"

• Oof. Suit pants + no socks + tassels. That's a Google Image rabbit hole I won't be visiting again.

When I did shoe repair we occasionally had customers who wanted the tassels removed. But more often we had to replace a lost tassel.

Next fashion trend, shoes with giant tassels. Think I will google that...

Nobody is doing it yet, we could corner the market!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Y'all tassle-rocking dudes should start a street rap group LWT and bring that realness to the kids, where it is sorely lacking.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Yo fuck a tassel!!

Tassels on EVERYTHING!!!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Gary said:
    Wtf.

I work in an office and still, in this day and age, some dudes have loafers with little tassels on them.

They went to a shoe store, and out of all the shoes they coulda picked they were like "yo.... Them joints with the tassels though!"

I was in the 14oz store on Ku'Damm yesterday, covetously eyeing the metric fucktons of clobber I can't afford that they stock in there. I saw a pair of these, which were an eye-watering €630 and as magnificently-crafted a pair of shoes as you can get for that much money, tassels or no, and I thought of this thread.

Classic stays classic, yo.

Numbers 15:38
    "Speak to the sons of Israel, and tell them that they shall make for themselves tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and that they shall put on the tassel of each corner a cord of blue."

Deuteronomy 22:12
    "You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.

Numbers 15:39-41
    "It shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the LORD, so as to do them and not follow after your own heart and your own eyes, after which you played the harlot, so that you may remember to do all My commandments and be holy to your God. "I am the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt to be your God; I am the LORD your God."

Matthew 23:5-7
    "But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men; for they broaden their phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. "They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men.

Them shits just evoke in I some horrible mash up of Rick Astley pleats and Joe Pesci sleaze. Talmbout Chad and Dem coming by the golf shop in white towelling socks to bray about dey German whips.

There's €650 saved right there.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Can't think of a worse crime (first world problem version natch, not talmbout genocide and communism) than a grown adult, this far removed from a Style Council infatuation circa mid 80s, wearing tassles on footwear. Beef roll Weejuns w/o was always the choice. Maybe a Grenson. Sebago for that weekend casual look w/ jeans.

Never a tassle son.