I'm not cynical enough not to be surprised at lack of a Grammy thread

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited February 2015 in Strut Central
Ye
Beck
Beyonce
Sam Smith

A little something for everyone.

It's almost like Kanye pissed off an entirely new subset of people by his dis-not-dis of Beck.

At least Waxidermy.com went deep on that geezer Dylan.

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    all I heard is that Tenacious D won for best metal album, so now I'm waiting for the year Weird "Al" Yankovich wins every category and the Grammys embrace the joke they've always been.

• white_tea said:
    Ye
    Beck
    Beyonce
    Sam Smith

A little something for everyone.

It's almost like Kanye pissed off an entirely new subset of people by his dis-not-dis of Beck.

At least Waxidermy.com went deep on that geezer Dylan.

I'm sure Dylan cares deeply about what a bunch of cranky hipsters who don't shave say about him.

b/w

What's a Sam Smith? If it's the Oatmeal Stout I'm in.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Didn't know they had already happened.

But I was thinking this morning, they used to have a best packaging & best liner notes award.
    Do they still do that now that the CD is dead?

Might be better to do Best Kickstarter Page or something like that.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Ye is still sore that Wenger loaned him out to Villa Real.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Industry blowhards chasing that paper, and their opinions, mean less than zero.

Much more interested in what stutters ride for.
    And Dylan makes me hurl chunks.

• stray thoughts:

-what skel said

-what is that look prince is rocking? looks like he got those duds form Filene's Basement.

-kanye clearly has the best cocaine in the room.

• Chuck D was right then and right now:
    "Who gives a fuck about a goddamn Grammy anyway?"
    I liked that Beck album though. Xenu is proud.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Grammys is all about Bithnith > Music.
    Basically, all that is wrong.

I APPLAUD THE STRUT FOR NOT STOOPING TO THEIR LEVEL AND HAVING A GRAMMY THRAEAED.

Ah... :post_modern:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I was like why is Tom Petty here? Why are ELO (sorta) here? Then I read about this vool Sam Smith ripped them off and then I was like no way: the neighborhood elders made it right and put em on stage!
    So strange.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    They shot this bit a few blocks away from my house.

Straight up Fake hype bullshit. I didn't go watch it. For the record these niggas is from Utah. They got the same management as the Killers so they moved to Vegas. They need to stop reppin my city sounding like a fake ass U2. Also their audience was paid as extras to be in the audience and cheer. They're a joke, and the Grammys are also a joke.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

• I caught ten minutes of them while I ducked into a pizza joint for a quick slice. I didn't really pay attention though, because I cannot even recall what I watched.

The most interesting thing about them, for me, was wrestling with my own confused feelings about Kanye. Is he a douche? A genius? Just an insecure cokehead? He makes great beats and he's rich and snagged Kim (varying tastes in women aside) , so he's gotta be doing something right. Right? I dunno. He's like an enigma to me.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I think that in addition to the "remembering the members of the [industry group] who passed" video montage, they should start doing one called "and now for the ones who should have died already". Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones would be on my list.