Deflategate and All Things Superbowl

Comments

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    27-16: Seattle

Prop bets: Marshawn does a crotch grab into the endzone (followed by a penalty), Patriots held to under 70 yrds rushing, Russell Wilson out rushes Patriot running backs, Patriots fake punt/FG/kick off at least 1 time, and Russell Wilson MVP.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    East coast fans are chill, they'll sit next to each other and say things like, "well ya got us today." West coast fans are insane, they'll stab each other in the parking lot. Seahawks fans are the mega west coast style. They are the fat kids who got skinny--definitely embarrassing how many TWELVES there are. Gotta be a higher occurrence of bandwagoneers than normal up here. At least I hope so.
    Very poor winners. Basic sportsfan shit, but still: insufferable right now.
    Tom Brady is TOM BRADY, you fucking idiots: he is on par with Dwayne The Rock Johnson. He is a god.
    Gronque Monsieur is the best bro on the planet.
    Sherman is rad, I bet he could skate.
    Wilson is on some youth pastor biz, watch out for some Cosby down the road.
    Lynch is a real running back in a softening league.
    Pete Carroll is fifty times sleazier than ol cutoff sweats.
    What else?

• "Only one of the 12 New England Patriots footballs used in the team's AFC Championship game win against the Indianapolis Colts was under-inflated by a full two pounds, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

"Several" other balls were found to be roughly one pound under-inflated, and "several more" were either right at, or barely beneath, the correct inflation mark."

The malignant and ignorant asshairs who swallowed and disseminated the Deflategate mania are cordially invited to fuck off. That includes the "well-respected" Troy Aikman.

I have a game to watch.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Seattle ended up looking foolish.
    Congrats NE fans.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I don't know about that. They had a good lead and the pats weren't going to just give up. Not winning the Super Bowl 2 years in a row isn't exactly a failure. That's last pass was just a young quarterback learning a hard lesson. Made for a good game with an exacting last minute ending.

Late pass was not Wilson's fault.
    It was all on Carroll who called the play.
    Foolishness.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Foolishness.

wasnt it the offensive coordinator who called the play with carroll oking it?

did they think the pats D was geared for a running situation and thought passing through the D would be a better alternative on some surprise shit?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    If Wilson had more experience he would have just throw it away or lunged for a yard himself. I think they called the pass play because a run play was too obvious. Which is fine on second down but throw it away if you have to. In reality they had 3 downs left (at the start of the play) so throwing into 2 defenders short distance was a bad read by Wilson. there are quarterback with more experience that just would have spiked it if they had to.

I'm sure you both are right.
    And if the pass had been a completion everyone involved would be heroes.
    But given the outcome, the Hawks looked foolish. And I was rooting for them.

NE had the better D (I haven't checked the stats) and the better offense.
    And the score was the proof.

NE is still a bunch of sleazy cheaters.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Foolishness.

wasnt it the offensive coordinator who called the play with carroll oking it?

did they think the pats D was geared for a running situation and thought passing through the D would be a better alternative on some surprise shit?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

This though.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

• Pretty impressive read & break on the ball by Butler, also a nervous Wilson was peaking at the receiver according to Butler. killer game

• if the colts liked their balls inflated at the high end and the patriots prefer 12.5 its absolutely reasonable to assume both lost pressure but the colts balls were still within the margin of error. this shit is so stupid.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Foolishness.

Weird call, maybe, but it was still a very bad throw. Wrong side of the body.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    cove said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Foolishness.

It may have been the weakest play call in Super Bowl history, but that may have also been the weakest play on the ball by a receiver in the history of the world. Homie, while you were being tossed aside like a ragdoll, other dude was intercepting all of your hopes and dreams.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    cove said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Foolishness.

It may have been the weakest play call in Super Bowl history, but that may have also been the weakest play on the ball by a receiver in the history of the world. Homie, while you were being tossed aside like a ragdoll, other dude was intercepting all of your hopes and dreams.

Seriously though. That receiver needs to stay extra sharp next time he's fitting to line up in that puccini, 'cause at this rate Butler will be back at his place showering off with dude's lady post-coitus before he even gets his pants off.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    cove said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Foolishness.

True, that looked fucking weak. Expect to get hit, dumbass!

The thing is they used an invisible back.
    QB didn't see Butler, receiver didn't see Butler.
    That some Bearer Of The Ring shit there.

• First off, hell'uva game and game plan by the Patriots!

Their defense stepped up in the 4th quarter and Brady picked apart the battered LOB. Injuries finally got to us, I think. Brady has to be one of my top 5 sports figures I completely want to just punch in the face so seeing him take a knee after being gifted the ball was painful. But the future here in Seattle is bright! We'll be back. Looking forward to building in the draft also.

I'm somewhere between bargaining and acceptance, definitely closer to acceptance though.

• LaserWolf said:

Let's leave your mom out of this, you humpless little fuckstain.

• yuichi said:

This though.

From the waif who thinks Kobe the rapist is gawd?

• amphibious said:
    Pretty impressive read & break on the ball by Butler, also a nervous Wilson was peaking at the receiver according to Butler. killer game

You're right. Let the pissants stick with their juvenile tabloid jizz-splatter.

Great game and the best team won.

• LaserWolf said:
    The thing is they used an invisible back.
    QB didn't see Butler, receiver didn't see Butler.
    That some Bearer Of The Ring shit there.

Kearse was supposed to take Butler out of the play.

Didn't.

• rain103 said:
    First off, hell'uva game and game plan by the Patriots!

Their defense stepped up in the 4th quarter and Brady picked apart the battered LOB. Injuries finally got to us, I think. Brady has to be one of my top 5 sports figures I completely want to just punch in the face so seeing him take a knee after being gifted the ball was painful. But the future here in Seattle is bright! We'll be back. Looking forward to building in the draft also.

What Seattle is about to find out is that it's harder to build when you're picking near the bottom of each round every year. New England's extended success is a true anomaly.

Also Wilson is about to get a $15-20 million dollar pay raise. Say goodbye to some veterans you're attached to.

Has Sherman's kid been born yet? Some suggestions for a name:

Sherman Sherman
    Herman Sherman
    Peabody Sherman
    Malcolm Butler Sherman

• LazarusOblong said:

dude. can you please fucking chill out.

• vintageinfants said:
    LazarusOblong said:

Life is too short to self-lobotomize, my good fellow.

Just accept my exuberance and celebrate along with me the elevation of Brady and Belichick to their well-earned seats in Pigskin Valhalla. Is that so hard?

• LazarusOblong said:
    vintageinfants said:
    LazarusOblong said:

Just accept my exuberance and celebrate along with me the elevation of Brady and Belichick to their well-earned seats in Pigskin Valhalla. Is that so hard?

i wasn't talking about football. because no one really cares about football.

you're sick and you should see someone.

• vintageinfants said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    vintageinfants said:
    LazarusOblong said:

i wasn't talking about football. because no one really cares about football.

you're sick and you should see someone.

You sound like a neurotic character on a really bad TV show. thirtysomething or Parenthood or The Gilmore Girls. At what age did you start shaving your chest?

If I want any life advice from you I'll let you know.