Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Some dudes are posting shoes that look like...

• Gary said:
    Maybe it's the old man in me but some of the shoes here are fucking hideous.

Maybe I'm old too, but some of these shoes are so weird looking to me and also giant! How one wears some of these shoes is beyond me. Boot cut jeans? Shorts? Tattered Hulk shreds?

I check this thread occasionally for pure fascination. It's like looking into the future and sometimes also like someone looking into the future in 1980.

I will admit to not knowing shit and being a boring shoe dude. I'm a librarian.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    parallax said:
    Some dudes are posting shoes that look like...

Asstek

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Some dudes arent posting any shoes but got their fuckin mouth open.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:
    Some dudes arent posting any shoes but got their fuckin mouth open.

You must deal.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Dude's voice...

• LOSERS JPN

:grin:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I like them NBs. That "Hovering" effect works a lot better on feet, than on this:

• [batmon] EARF TONEZ [/batmon]

:talib: or :bizzo: ?

[batmon] EARF TONEZ [/batmon]

:talib: or :bizzo: ?

• new spezials. WOULD FUX.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    ^So Euro!

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

Rocking these of late.

• the white mamba is back baby

Heyzeus H Chwist.

Are you rocking them with milkbottle legs?

• J i m s t e r said:
    Heyzeus H Chwist.

oh of course. showing up to the courts looking like i just stepped out of an igloo is kind of my thing. picked last and hold court all night.

• vintageinfants said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    Heyzeus H Chwist.

oh of course. showing up to the courts looking like i just stepped out of an igloo is kind of my thing. picked last and hold court all night.

I laughed out loud at this post. Not because I don't believe you. I just like the idea of you slow rolling the local basketball thugs.

My next purchase will probably be a pair of cycling shoes. I use straps right now for foot retention, but will be switching to clip-in pedals/shoes. Gonna probably get something low-key for everyday wear/riding like these:

And probably another pair for when I'm just going out to ride or race. Something like these:

I'm thinking about getting into some bike racing next summer.

• BROOKS THO

like......... Brooks?

• Hahaha... well played.

They need a collaboration line... cambium shoes in brooks colourways??

vintageinfants said:
    BROOKS THO

like......... Brooks?

i fux w Brooks. And those Earftones are nice.
    more into the 80s running joints though.

batmon said:
    the 80s running joints though.

ZX500 hasn't been bettered, for my money. Anything more is too much, anything less is too little.

I have a few on archive, but feel cruel wearing them. I've been fusking with Nike trail jernts / ACG Nevist boots for the wet Winter months with Merino wool hiking socks.

I may wear these sock-ways forever, such is their comfort.

Yes, even with flip-flops ;)

• batmon said:

i'm reserving judgement until i see i high top. i'm not overly enthused about these. big step back from the 9s if you ask me (as i copped)

Snowflake > Cosmetic Lifespan

• J i m s t e r said:

i know... i get a little bit of anxiety imagining the condition of this shoe a couple months into wearing it.

• vintageinfants said:
    J i m s t e r said:

i know... i get a little bit of anxiety imagining the condition of this shoe a couple months into wearing it.

Was just going to post about this concern. Those are beautiful. But I would never buy them. I have a pair of Supras that are made with a sort of woven/large threaded material in a straw-like colour. I was really worried about when I bought them. They stayed pristine the whole summer, but one little errant coffee splash wrecked it. They're still in good shape, but just not perfect, yaoming?

Part of me envies people who can just love their shit and wear it until it's ruined. They just move on. Buy something else. Must be pretty liberating.

• BeatChemist said:
    vintageinfants said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Was just going to post about this concern. Those are beautiful. But I would never buy them. I have a pair of Supras that are made with a sort of woven/large threaded material in a straw-like colour. I was really worried about when I bought them. They stayed pristine the whole summer, but one little errant coffee splash wrecked it. They're still in good shape, but just not perfect, yaoming?

Part of me envies people who can just love their shit and wear it until it's ruined. They just move on. Buy something else. Must be pretty liberating.

whenever i see a pair of super crispy white shoes i think to myself, "i'd definitely cop those.... if i was a fashion blogger.... in san diego"

definitely not conducive to canadian living.

Rule 1 since time : Beat up dirty sneakerways reflect poorly on the man.

Yes I was the one cleaning my adidas with a toothbrush every night before school.

Some footwearways can rock a "Patina" of scuffing - Brogues, Doctor Martens, steel-cappers with the cap showing through etc. But sneakerways with crocodile soles and worn-away leather toecaps just makes me think :

"Homeless".