now soul strut

ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
What soul artists/records do you rate that are coming out "these days". Any style.

I wish Danny Boy was putting more stuff out.

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    I still ride for all that old Dream stuff. New single is nice.

Lauryn is still good, Fatima put out a great album last year.

There are some great ladies singing and rapping, like Dej Loaf (although her singing verges on PC Music territory sometimes) and Tink.

I've always liked BJ The Chi-town Kid

And the Ty Dolla $ign mixtape was great last year. I'm genuinely curious what the Paul McCartney joint will sound like. (I actually liked the Kanye track.)

^ i like

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• That Q track was a staple in my headphones this summer while out on my bike. To the point where when I listen to it now, I can almost feel my legs pedalling with the rhythm of the song. The mind and body are strange things.

That Wavey track Vintage posted is... wavey... lol... I really enjoy seeing the youts getting into some out there shit like this. Drug related or not.

I've been all about this Mura Masa dude's music lately. Dude is 18 and just killing these neo-r&b beats. I don't even know if that's what you'd call this... but it's dope.

Oh yeah and he remixed Aaliyah:

But then he also does this harder style with more abrupt chops and stuff:

• Haha I'd like that song a lot more without the video. Same with the other one you posted.