The interview

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited December 2014 in Strut Central
Think they can make a movie about killing a future head and get away with it. Seth and Franco are so high.

North Korea, not funny

Making a movie about killing the leader of north Korea and North Korea hacks you in to submission and you cancel the movie out right, Priceless.

Comments

• Death doesn't relieve the duties of the supreme leaders of North Korea. No, Kim il-Sung, the "great leader"' is still the president of the country and he's been dead for 20 years. His son, Kim Jong-il, the "dear leader", is still the secretary of defense and workers party and commander of the army, he's been dead for three years. Now his son, Kim Jong-Un is the supreme leader, the "great successor", of NK. Strange for them to get worked up over a movie, after all, their terms in office are eternal.

• I can't decide if the scatstorm over this flick is just more proof that corporate America is run by pinheads with no balls or if it's the funniest PR campaign ever. I'm not sure I give a shit either way.

Has gone from "maybe I'll see it sometime" to "can't miss" here at Castle MoeLarryAndJesus.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I vote wimpy pin heads. I'm sure they thought "everyone hates North Korea so we are good". Then they caved to a dictator on the other side of the world who can't even feed or provide electricity to his people. Liberal Hollywood idiots.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm with V. I wanted to go see this, just to say you can't scare us. Then they canceled it.
    How is this NK? They don't even have computers.
    Finally, if NK can hack Sony, and close a movie, then any company Boeing, WalMart, Eli Lilly, could be closed down by most any one with evil intent.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    TERRORISTS WIN
    AND I WIN
    MOVIE WAS GONNA SUCK HARD IF IT REALLY EXISTED
    REVERSO FAKE HACK
    MAYBE

I just watched the trailer.
    I am so glad I don't have to go see it.

• False flag hack operation on the part of Sony to avoid releasing such a turd??

BeatChemist said:
    False flag hack operation on the part of Sony to avoid releasing such a turd??

Yea, the premise was clearly terrible and the trailer looked even worse.

LaserWolf said:

They have the one and that guy is really good.

LaserWolf said:

if NK can hack Sony, and close a movie, then any company Boeing, WalMart, Eli Lilly, could be closed down by most any one with evil intent.

Can someone please get to this?

• volumen said:
    LaserWolf said:

They have the one and that guy is really good.

cripes i laughed so hard at this. simple questions deserve simple answers.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• I saw Clooney thinks it should be released online and Hollywood shouldn't bow to North Korea.

I pretty much agree. Fuck North Korea. Are we REALLY worried some North Korea sympathizers/spies/terrorists/whatever are going to blow up theatres?? Come on.

We really live in a world of constant fear and panic. It's out of fucking control.

• Plus... hey North Korea! We don't really NEED to make movies to ridicule you. Your own political posturing and state-controlled media already give us enough to laugh about. You're the butt of the world's geopolitical jokes. Face it. YOU MUST DEAL.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Add to it all the ironic fact that Kim Jong-Il was a huge movie enthusiast who loved Western cinema and had a massive collection of DVDs.

What if this is somehow part of an Argo-style ruse to assassinate Kim Jong-un for real?

• Fred_Garvin said:
    What if this is somehow part of an Argo-style ruse to assassinate Kim Jong-un for real?

I like this theory, a lot

• TheKindCromang said:
    Fred_Garvin said:

I like this theory, a lot

'Cause, like, sooner or later North Korea'll run out of Kims. Excellent strategery, Beavis.

They say no other movie has ever named a sitting head of state then killed em off.
    Can the strut think of exceptions.
    Did the film makers go too far in naming Young Kim?

• LaserWolf said:
    They say no other movie has ever named a sitting head of state then killed em off.
    Can the strut think of exceptions.
    Did the film makers go too far in naming Young Kim?

The phrase "they say" is almost always followed by something both untrue and easily debunked.

British film, 2006, "Death of a President," Dumbya Bush...

Then there's "Day of the Jackal" from '73, if the name DeGaulle rings a bell. But he was dead when it came out.