New Music / Release Thread

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    ^ Thanks Thes. Beats straight out the L-R! Downloading now.

• love this mix thes! especially dig the beat playing at the 16:00 mark.

• Word! thanks for the kind words guys. Gotta watch out for those numbers stations >.

• Thes killed it..wish it was longer.
    Thanks and Merry Xmas to you and your family.

badder_than_evil said:
    Thes killed it..wish it was longer.

First beat is lava.

[em]High Tide[/em] (14:15) is sickeningly good.

Thanks so much for sharing Thes. Great stuff.

FACT magazine's top track of 2014:

• ^^^^^^ feelin that track a lot!! Dj is not doing a lot in the video! Lookin awkward as hell lol

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Enjoying these 12"s very much:

A few vinyl-only singles & a few unreleased bits from Four Tet under his Percussions alias:

• I just released this as a single. Working on an album and this tune will be a part of it. thought you guys might like it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    phatmoneysack said:

This is great by the way.

Nice moder-electro-soul vibes with two other tracks; clips of which can be heard here (Crush is my favourite) http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=41850

• I have 2 tracks out now that might appeal to anyone that likes that mid 90's 'Good Looking' drum & bass style...

also, a mix of my ambient and drum & bass if anyone is into that sort of thing:

You sly dog you. You might have guessed, but [em]Traces[/em] is my shit. Lovely, thanks for poasting. Will check the mix.

EDIT: having listened to the full track, I was thinking about the comparisons some have made with Bukem (on the soundcloud link above), and I was thinking that [em]Traces[/em] is reminiscent of Adam F's [em]Colours[/em] album, particularly with the organic/live-sounding bits in there.
    Really nice work - but don't forget, there's definitely also a market for the madness of Zimmer Dub and that sound!

Also, having checked your mix, I wondered if you ever heard this track:

• I've not heard of that track, but I think it must be in a mix I've heard or something... definitely rings a bell.

Free FLAC download at their bandcamp!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    New Mocky EP is good:

(free DL)

"Instrumental Life" and "Sweet Things" kill it on the pop/soul/jazz tip.

I'm looking forward to listening through this :post_modern:

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    you can stream the album here Ketan...

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/05/389493760/first-listen-pearson-sound-pearson-sound

His recent approaches to track construction / technique have either captivated me or left me bit cold.
    But what I have heard so far is good, David has a very firm grasp on what he wants and that assurance really shows, nothing is half baked.

I think Pearson Sound (also his Ramadanman stuff) is a great example of function over form. His production skills are top notch, but the guy just isn't very musical. Sorry if you're reading dude, but melody, song progression... I like that stuff.

I've always liked the balance between function and form with PS/RMD stuff. I mean, I don't rate every track in the catalogue, but more often than not I'm into it.

On the other hand, I find most of Actress' stuff too aimless, for lack of a better term. (Although his rmx of Surfers Hymn is A+++.)

Listened to most of the Pearson Sound album last night before I had to focus elsewhere... I liked what I heard a lot. Was half-hoping for an album full of Fall Short/Work Them joints, but sounds like something much more well-rounded.

Edit: Just to fully big up Actress while I was critical above:

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    it was interesting to see him step away from that more footwork and jungle influenced stuff and in to a more experimental zone, I knew the album might be a bit different after this interview...
    http://www.factmag.com/2015/01/14/pearson-sound-details-debut-album-on-hessle-audio/

“I had a signal chain set up that I was really happy with, and I started sending my machines through the same processes,” says David Kennedy. “A lot of it was made by feeding the the same sounds between two different pieces of equipment and they’d end up feeding back between each other and snowballing. On some tracks it’s about harnessing that and taking it to the brink before it disintegrates, and some of them are about just letting it go full-blown out of control.”

in the wrong hands that it a recipe for disaster and albums of pointless noise, but when used as a tool as opposed to a gimmick he makes things like that work.

it is also good to see a progression in his tastes too, he's still a young guy and him and Ben UFO must play and listen to an inordinate amount of music compared to most people so influences and ideas must be a constant stream as opposed to a static cache.