Eric Garner....SMH

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2014 in Strut Central
Some ole bullshit!

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Bad news.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Wow. Unbelievable. Hadn't heard about this until now.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Meanwhile a white lady popped a cap around some cops and they made sure the took her into custody and got her some help.

• DiBlasio postponed a trip to Italy over this. A head or two will roll.

Good riddance to bad bacon.

Meanwhile in California a CHP cop punched out a woman for no reason and got caught on tape. He still hasn't been identified - he's being called Officer Puncharello - and the cover-up seems to be underway.

America has a bad bacon problem. It's time to address it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    batmon said:
    Some ole bullshit!

hope everyone in nyc is staying safe tonight.

• Like I said, there are cracker ass crackers everywhere in the country. And a lot of them seem to end up on grand juries.

It won't carry over, but even some right-wingers are saying this decision is nuts. Napolitano on Fox, even Krauthammer. Even a blind pig finds an occasional acorn.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Unbelievable and infuriating.

b/w

Bravo, Esaw Garner!

• Bon Vivant said:
    Unbelievable and infuriating.

b/w

Bravo, Esaw Garner!

Infuriating, sure, but highly believable. Time for the DOJ to come down hard.

structural discrimination-racism is such a powerful reality for so many people, but it's a really hard concept to articulate and teach to those who don't experience it. surprisingly, krauthammer's comments end up explaining it in as clear terms as i've heard. i have to hand it to him.

• ketan said:
    structural discrimination-racism is such a powerful reality for so many people, but it's a really hard concept to articulate and teach to those who don't experience it. surprisingly, krauthammer's comments end up explaining it in as clear terms as i've heard. i have to hand it to him.

Don't. He understands the concept but also approves of the practice.

LazarusOblong said:
    ketan said:

Don't. He understands the concept but also approves of the practice.

i agree. i've seen him debate, and he's shameless on some issues. but i don't care about that here. all i care about is more non-black people getting the point.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    That's ridiculous. I challenge you to make that point.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is completely disgusting. "Not enough evidence"????

volumen said:
    That's ridiculous. I challenge you to make that point.

*points to self quizzically*

• Oh, right, Brian lives in New York now.

"At 10 p.m., hundreds of protesters took over the main terminal of Grand Central Station. The group chanted, “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!” Diners sipped champagne in one of the terminal’s restaurants, and one of them appeared to flip off the protesters. "

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Oh, right, Brian lives in New York now.

"At 10 p.m., hundreds of protesters took over the main terminal of Grand Central Station. The group chanted, “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!” Diners sipped champagne in one of the terminal’s restaurants, and one of them appeared to flip off the protesters. "
    pretty incredible that you use this tragedy to take potshots at me but i guess it's expected that you would use any excuse to spew your hatred.

• A guy died of a heart attack whilst resisting arrest. Unless it can be proved the officer who had him in a "choke hold"(which is apparently how we are referring to headlocks now) is a practitioner of hokuto shin ken and pressed a pressure point to initiate the heart attack then the lack of indictment is a perfectly understandable scenario.

I don't say its the right decision. A case can certainly be made that the cop is guilty is of criminal negligence. But the steadfast refusal of you morons to engage with the particularities of an incident in any real way is not only annoying but damaging to your own cause.

The Darren Wilson/Michael Brown case was much higher profile than this one (presumably because the leftist media were excited about the notion that it was an execution whereas in the garner case its clear that the cop is not trying to kill him). Much more people know the details of that case and knowing the details most know that the decision not to indict was just. Having looked at the evidence its abundantly clear that no court would ever convict Wilson. Now, when you idiots choose to draw parallels between the garner and brown cases, when you say garner is another brown, what you are telling most people is that this is another case of the justice system has done a sterling job. You, afterall, are the very same goose necked hippies who were going around telling everyone that Wilson should be convicted for murder when anyone with a brain could see that evidence wouldn't even justify a trial let alone a conviction.

• Police protect status quo and serve the privileged. Since slavery, since Jim crow, since cointelpro, since income inequality, since the biggest prison population in world history, since military intervention in every corner of the globe

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Dickwidth said:
    Do you guys see a pattern here? If you make a bad decision and physically resist arrest you may be injured it killed.

Abide the law and all will be fine.

this seems like a pretty naive interpretation of events.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Dickwidth said:
    Do you guys see a pattern here?

Don't be black and all will be fine.

fixed

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Not only is Dolo no longer banned, he has 2 accounts.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ex-Boyfriend said:
    A guy died of a heart attack whilst resisting arrest. Unless it can be proved the officer who had him in a "choke hold"(which is apparently how we are referring to headlocks now) is a practitioner of hokuto shin ken and pressed a pressure point to initiate the heart attack then the lack of indictment is a perfectly understandable scenario.

I don't say its the right decision. A case can certainly be made that the cop is guilty is of criminal negligence. But the steadfast refusal of you morons to engage with the particularities of an incident in any real way is not only annoying but damaging to your own cause.

The Darren Wilson/Michael Brown case was much higher profile than this one (presumably because the leftist media were excited about the notion that it was an execution whereas in the garner case its clear that the cop is not trying to kill him). Much more people know the details of that case and knowing the details most know that the decision not to indict was just. Having looked at the evidence its abundantly clear that no court would ever convict Wilson. Now, when you idiots choose to draw parallels between the garner and brown cases, when you say garner is another brown, what you are telling most people is that this is another case of the justice system has done a sterling job. You, afterall, are the very same goose necked hippies who were going around telling everyone that Wilson should be convicted for murder when anyone with a brain could see that evidence wouldn't even justify a trial let alone a conviction.

• Ex-Boyfriend said:
    A guy died of a heart attack whilst resisting arrest.

The medical examiner called it a homicide, Hannity. Go fuck yourself.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dickwidth said:
    Queue the lynch mob...

Real dolo has linguistic nous.
    Fake dolo...not so much.

skel said:
    Dickwidth said:
    Queue the lynch mob...

Real dolo has linguistic nous.
    Fake dolo...not so much.

[em]Yes, you'll need to fill out a form before you can have some rope.[/em]

I can't figure out how to put *someones* on ignore in the new format. Can anyone halp?

Ex-Boyfriend said:
    A guy died of a heart attack whilst resisting arrest. Unless it can be proved the officer who had him in a "choke hold"(which is apparently how we are referring to headlocks now) is a practitioner of hokuto shin ken and pressed a pressure point to initiate the heart attack then the lack of indictment is a perfectly understandable scenario.

It was ruled it a homicide, idiot.

Dickwidth said:
    Do you guys see a pattern here?

Yeah. You and your boy keep posting nonsense.

• So is this a white cop problem? Or all cop problem?
    Are black cops enraged by the poor field performance of their white colleagues?

BallzDeep said:

Are black cops enraged by the poor field performance of their white colleagues?

Well they don't seem to be trying hard enough to balance the statistics, that's for sure.