Records that have eluded you

2»

Comments

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    there are a handful of UK charity shop classics that have never came my way (out in the field):

The Hanged Man
    Gentle Rain
    hymns a singing (or what ever its called)
    + loads more.

I've looked though 10,000 of charity shop records in my years and I never see them.
    (my city is kind sown up by some clued up dealers sorting for them though, but even out of my city, no joy)

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    VeryGoodPlusPlus said:
    If record shows count then I had a chance at that Milton Wright record Spaced at the ARC last year. Forget what the dude had it priced at but the cover was kinda mangled and for me that cover is just so ill that I couldn't commit. Within minutes of me giving it back to go up again on his wall some Japanese collector snagged it. I'm also under the illusion that I'll see that Mighty Ryeders record on a wall at Amoeba or something but that hasn't happened yet either. Also looking for that Ron Henderson record with the disco ball on the cover. If anyone's holding and their gag reflexes kick in because of it then I'm your boy.

i need all of those too. things that have eluded me for a long time:
    tommy mcgee - positive negative (i was outbid recently.. guess will take another few years till one comes up for sale again)
    edge of daybreak
    spice - let there be spice
    phyllis bailey
    steve marshall lp or 12
    starvue - upward bound (always figured this isnt THAT rare and refuse to pay 200+)
    randolph baker
    family tree/skye 12
    rokk - patience
    ah theres tons..

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

I think my collectron days are over, but the first record to spring to mind was The Truper (Photek) untitled 10" on Street Beats. Been after it since Cold Cut used it on their JDJ mix.

There's a bunch of '90s WOF joints I never found, but thank fuck some of the raerer things I couldn't get ended up on comps etc.

• Buddy Terry: Awareness

wtf does this not turn up for me?? That said I did land a couple of H Land lp's on mainstream a few month which had been on the list for a minute and a half. But Buddy....

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    age said:

There is two different jackets. I might have a spare. I'll hit you back later.

Nice! I'm not a jacket fiend, so happy to take the lesser copy. Gonna check out that set sale you posted now, too...

• Commodores - Machine Gun. Easy to find, but not for me. Determined to find it in the field, one day.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    One of the common records I've yet to find on the cheap is Looking out my window - Tom Jones. Maybe I glazed over and missed it flipping through too many Humperdinks.

• The Alice Clark record. Never seen it other than online.

• Bohannon - Stop & Go

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    Bohannon - Stop & Go

Yeah, this one too.

• francois parker said:
    there are a handful of UK charity shop classics that have never came my way (out in the field):

The Hanged Man
    Gentle Rain
    hymns a singing (or what ever its called)
    + loads more.

Hymns A Swingin' - I read about this on a SS Ish one evening years ago, walked into my local oxfam the next morning and there it was, 50p. Mind you, never seen it again.

I never, [em]ever[/em] see Papa Austin & Great Peso's Wrong Girls To Play With anywhere. [em]Ever.[/em]