Anybody using Yosemite?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2014 in Strut Central
Fuck I hate the new look. It's killing my eyes. I managed to change the system font (not feeling the thin Helvetica Neu).

:nagl:

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Overall I'm liking the update. Some of the new feautures have been great.

One or two of these may help

http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/27/change-font-smoothing-text-os-x-yosemite/

http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/22/increase-contrast-mac-os-x-yosemite/

Maybe

System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Display -> Reduce transparency

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm holding off for a bit.. maybe till the first update. The only time I've been an early adopter half my shit didn't work anymore. I'm interested to see how the new iOS integration works but I'm not that desperate otherwise.

Reports on Yosemity seem positive though. But some will always bulk at a new operating systems looks. then they get used to it and it's all gravy.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I actually like the new look and I'm feeling the itunes update too although most people seem to hate it. No complaints from me except my MacBook is running a bit slower, beware if you're memory is almost at capacity.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Waiting to update my circa-2010 iMac after past updates have appeared to slow down my machine. I'd like to do a fresh install of everything and even have Time Machine but somehow it doesn't seem like it'd be as easy as I'd hope.

R.e. iTunes - why they gotta change the format of song tags? Like the overall design but not formatting the tunes.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Well. I fixed the two things that nauseated me.

Switched Helvetica Neu (too thin and looks too much like Arial) to The Fira System Font

Ditched the Translucent windows...

System Preferences > Accesibility > Display > Increase Contrast

Feeling better.

:shit_yeah:

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    white_tea said:

R.e. iTunes - why they gotta change the format of song tags? Like the overall design but not formatting the tunes.

Er, yes cosign this. Editing song info is fucked and you can't copy and paste album art anymore.

• toby.d said:
    white_tea said:

Er, yes cosign this. Editing song info is fucked and you can't copy and paste album art anymore.

Damn! You can copy and paste art?? I didn't know that.

I'm going to wait for the first update to install Yosemite. I don't NEED a new OS right now. Definitely not worth messing with system stability...