Drank stigma

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Why do all my rocker friends drink only Jack Daniels, and my so called gangsta friends drink mostly Hennesy ?

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    cause hennesey tastes better.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    matching t-shirts with drinks is the new thing amongst rockers!

• Which one sells better?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    haha! are you serious? this is like asking, "Why do Jimmy Buffet fans drink Pina Coladas?"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Why do all my rocker friends drink only Jack Daniels, and my so called gangsta friends drink mostly Hennesy ?

and

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    haha! are you serious? this is like asking, "Why do Jimmy Buffet fans drink Pina Coladas?"

That's magaritas, amigo. Carry on.

• pinacoladaville doesn't have much of a ring to it, does it?

That's magaritas, amigo. Carry on.

also, I proclaim Glenlivet the official whisky of the Avant Garde.

• ...and my so called gangsta friends drink mostly Hennesy ?

"...Kim Jong Il regularly spent more than $650000 a year on Hennessy cognac."

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Yesterday, I saw this guy on the street corner downing a couple of aspirin pills with about a 1/4 bottle of rubbing alcohol

Yesterday, I saw this guy on the street corner downing a couple of aspirin pills with about a 1/4 bottle of rubbing alcohol

Suicide???

Suicide???

I hope not. This girl and I were going out, walking down Highland and she pointed it out to me. He appeared homeless and was just sitting against the sign pole, sipping the stuff like cognac. We gave him our small leftovers from the resturaunt from down the street. I've seen the dude around, so I'm sure this isn't a first time thing.

I drank a small bit of rubbing alchohol when I was a little kid - got super sick. I assumed it is toxic. dunno for sure though.

I heard that's what Betty Ford did, too

• Other beers with stigma:

Sierra Nevada = California Huppie/Yippie
    Sam Adams = Boston, and to a lesser extent Massachusetts

add on

• walking down Highland

Highland and what? I used to live on Wilcox just above Hollywood Blvd, and that neighborhood is
    G-H-E-T-T-O. Talkin' helicopters every weekend, and Puck from the real world riding his bike down my block.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Other beers with stigma:

Sierra Nevada = California Huppie/Yippie
    Sam Adams = Boston, and to a lesser extent Massachusetts

add on

dudes from boston drink Harpoon, not Sam...

i used to work with a bunch of boneheads, both white and black, and i would rag on all of them for drinking Heineken, like "you think drinking Heineken makes you look classy? that stuff tastes like piss, why don't you drink St. Pauli Girl???"

they weren't amused...

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I drank a small bit of rubbing alchohol when I was a little kid - got super sick. I assumed it is toxic. dunno for sure though.

Drinking isopropyl alcohol can be potentially fatal.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002538.htm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

dudes from boston drink Harpoon, not Sam... Bud Light

Funniest thing is, all the Irish heads around here, I mean real Irish, right off the boat - and we got a ton of 'em - drink Budweiser & Coors Light, while all the American college students sit in the same "Irish Pubs" with them and drink Guinness, Murphy's, Bellhaven, etc...

Funniest thing is, all the Irish heads around here, I mean real Irish, right off the boat - and we got a ton of 'em - drink Budweiser & Coors Light, while all the American college students sit in the same "Irish Pubs" with them and drink Guinness, Murphy's, Bellhaven, etc...

don't cross me out, you newcastle drinking motherfucker! you know what i meant!

.....tho yes, it's true, yr biggest townie cats drink Bud Light and Miller Light like it's going out of style... but, just sayin', no one in boston drinks Sam amymore....

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Heineken? fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!

In San Diego most of the white people I know drink Mexican beer, and all I see Mexicans buying is Budweiser.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Richmond=PBR City.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts

don't cross me out, you newcastle drinking motherfucker! you know what i meant!

.....tho yes, it's true, yr biggest townie cats drink Bud Light and Miller Light like it's going out of style... but, just sayin', no one in boston drinks Sam amymore....

First time I visited my cousin in Belfast I was hoping for a fridge full of Guinness only to find 22's of Bud.