My 5:

1) Life in Canada
    2) My wife and 2 yr old
    3) A very rewarding career
    4) Physically good health
    5) Financially good health

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    1. Daughter over erythang.
    2. Most money I've ever received for a single dj gig plus a gourmet dinner and a massage thrown in on Saturday.
    3. The best part of this Longhorns football season is that Longhorns basketball season is close to starting.
    4. Chicken and sausage gumbo from Hoover's.
    5. Indica > Sativa.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    1. Mary J. Blige's "Right Now" (produced by Disclosure)
    2. Hall & Oates in Vegas last week.
    3. Tickets for Stevie's Songs In The Key Of Life tour in Vegas next month.
    4. 368 DJ gigs this year, with a couple more pending.
    5. Boardwalk Empire finale.

• 1. My wife and kids
    2. Health
    3. Perspective
    4. Small wins
    5. Life

Been kind of pissy lately due to lack of sleep, work, and a 2.5 year old and an almost 5 year old. Watched a movie last night that reminded me to not dwell on the negative and appreciate what you've got. Small wins and daily joys.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My wife of 27 years.
    Dog
    Cat
    Royals winning next 2 at home
    Fried Chicken

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Got 5 on it:

1. Killer trades (RR)
    2. Good job/work balance
    3. Conquering hyper ventilation
    4. Best friend just had his 1st son
    5. My kids over everything

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    1. Not having a wife
    2. Therefore having a life
    3. Bachelor pad is delivered next month - fuck yes
    4. Most successful career period ever
    5. Jimster 8-ball stussy key fob received today; yay!

• 1. seeing my little girl on TV this a.m. and how trill she kept it

2. Ezale "5 Minutes Of Funktown" video because Oakland

(none of the embed codes worked... Raj?)

3. Run The Jewels 2, especially "Crown"

4. extremely tight jazz collection that keeps coming in the shop day after blessed day, righteous dude who owned lots of Strata East, Black Jazz, Blue Note, angry black spoken word ish, a smattering of African LPs

5. Fall season thrivery. word to apple pie and whiskey flavors.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My fives are:

1. Had a great evening last night with my two of my greatest loves: my wife and music.

2. Big ups to the new site. Thanks to Raj Mahal for keeping the dream alive.

3. Cooked a cool progressive jazz mix on Saturday (I'll post it shortly).

4. I'm physically fit and feeling great.

5. Earlier, I enjoyed a glass of Gascon malbec on the patio.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Happy to be back!

1. So elated to be a new dad! My son is my new reason to be alive!

2. My wife, for being my best friend and sharing this trip with me!

3. Having the nights after everybody goes to sleep ...busting out the circuit bent video synth to play with.

4. Still finding the time to do quick thrift store trips and finding cool stuff and enjoying the listening parties afterwards

5. So proud and happy to see this place continuing, and looking great!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Congrats Stein!

I love Malbec. I had an Argentinian one with hints of chocolate, tobacco, and coffee that was a revelatory experience. Shortly afterwards I moved to rioja central which is nice but not in the same league for depth of flavour (imho).

1. Got a massive black-eye playing football tonight, and brushes with serious head-injuries are actually quite life-affirming. Looking forward to going into class tomorrow and explaining to my students what happened.

2. Love my job. Teaching is an awesome way to make a living, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

3. I went for a swim in the sea on Saturday, which, for late October, was a nice reminder that I'm not in Kansas anymore.

4. Have been enjoying messing about with music on my laptop. Currently plastering a Jungle/reggae/dubstep mix together, as well as making a few beats. I find the only negative to this activity is that I can go for 8 hours before I realise I haven't stopped to eat or anything.

5. New Strut! Great work Raj. Muchos gracias.

• Duderonomy said:

Congrats Stein!

I love Malbec. I had an Argentinian one with hints of chocolate, tobacco, and coffee that was a revelatory experience. Shortly afterwards I moved to rioja central which is nice but not in the same league for depth of flavour (imho).

5. New Strut! Great work Raj. Muchos gracias.

big melbec guy over here too. been getting into some choice chileans lately as well.

1. doc says i may be ready for sports as early as next spring, which is rad.
    2. got to meet a bunch of soulstrutters over the weekend, and it proved i'm definitely in the right place.
    3. a girlfriend who lets me get away with murder, and happily goes through the best and worst with me
    4. montreal didn't have a pair of anything in size 12, so i saved a couple hundred there.
    5. top quality gin. (it truly is "elegant" an****e , and not just the bowtie)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    1. Pushing my kids onto crystal clear waves and watching them surf.
    2. My new back. 6 months post-surgery and I am fixed. Not a single painkiller required.
    3. Sunshine. I fuckin love sunshine.
    4. Yoga. Better for the back than Jiu-Jitsu.
    5. Soulstrut - I got a good feeling about this reboot.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    1-SS reboot plus reunion and incredible Day show..althing come together inspiringly
    2- My twin daughters rocking adidas tracksuits and b-girl poses as well as boogieing to my needle drop sessions
    3-Good life where I can work and manage to pursue other passions
    4-Scotch collection revisiting
    5-friends and fmaily making moves (wedding,house,kids) its a beuatiful thing

• Life has been hitting me hard consistently since April last year. I can seriously only manage three right now.

1- My son.
    2- Plenty of Sports on tv
    3- Music and discovering more music.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    1) My son learning to talk
    2) New job
    3) Taking a week off to just relax before starting new job
    4) Fall in the Northeast
    5) Pumpkin sauce pizzas with fresh mozzarella and Jarlsberg

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    1. Wife and 3 kids, they keep it real for me every single day, after day, after day.....
    But hey, she let me go party in MTL last Friday and held down the fort at home. She's a keeper.
    2. Lots of work. This is good ( see 5)
    3. Like Stacks I decided to get healthy a while back. It's paid off in spades.
    4. Finally finding a lake up North, after several attempts that's 15km long, no houses, nothing. Only the wilds as far as the eyes can see and the ears can hear. Can't wait to fish it in the spring

and...

5. Just passed the final inspection at 12 pm today on my house that has been a near constant construction zone over the past 4 yrs. I did 90% of the work myself while trying to build stuff for others in order to stay solvent. Needless to say this burnt me out physically, mentally and financially.
    One of the perks is I managed to sneak in a music room/ office space.... sooooo happy!

I miss them in the living rm, but hey I still got some there...and I got mad brownie points for getting most of them out ; )

Congrats on the little lady Stein!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Yes, Duder, malbecs are amazing. I love the Gascon brand, but if you can hip me to some more, feel free to do so. Since it's about 76 degrees today here in Central Jerz, I bought some Elephant pilsner to enjoy on the patio this evening. Cheers!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Duderonomy said:

Yes, Duder, malbecs are amazing. I love the Gascon brand, but if you can hip me to some more, feel free to do so.

Unfortunately the name of the best one I had has escaped me (I swore I'd remember it, but the next day things were fuzzy), but for me Argentinian, altitude, and £10+ are good ingredients.

• Duderonomy said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Duderonomy said:

Yes, Duder, malbecs are amazing. I love the Gascon brand, but if you can hip me to some more, feel free to do so.

Unfortunately the name of the best one I had has escaped me (I swore I'd remember it, but the next day things were fuzzy), but for me Argentinian, altitude, and £10+ are good ingredients.

if you can find a 2012, this is exactly what you're looking for.

• 1. Officiating my good friends' wedding at Disneyworld.
    2. work/life balance feels good right now. Stress is low.
    3. new girl I'm dating seems really cool.
    4. Amazing music and meeting strutters at Day's Montreal gig.
    5. Montreal women.

Jonny_Paycheck said:

3. Run The Jewels 2, especially "Crown"

That song is so fucking good. Those two bring the best out of each other.

BeatChemist said:

3. new girl I'm dating seems really cool.

b/w

BeatChemist said:

5. Montreal women.

Dang, she read the Strut?