New Music / Release Thread

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Feeling the new Budgie EP on wildheart

"Budgie drops his first solo EP on Wildheart Recordings. His wide array of influences can be felt left and right, top to bottom. In Theo Parrish's words - "Just Listen"

The London based producer and DJ known as Budgie was practically raised under the counter of Honest Jons Records. Besides regularly sharing his musical taste through Livin' Proof - the Hip Hop party he promotes and plays at monthly, Budgie has worked with Action Bronson, Soulstress Fatima, J.Rocc, The Pharcyde, S-Type, Piff Gang and, most recently, a full length project with The Alchemist.

After years of hard work, the time has come for Budgie to step out on his own. Dropping his debut solo EP on Wildheart Recordings this June, Budgie's wide array of influences can be felt left, right, top and bottom."

"EP from Living Proof-member, Budgie. Having established himself as an eclectic selector up until now, he comes through with his debut productions for the London-Detroit Wildheart label. There's no real way to describe this release, where shreds of funk, hip-hop and soul are mashed up so tightly that they've grown a life of their own. In fact, when you hear it through, it almost sounds like one full track; a vibrant and grooving mass of crunchy beats, mesmerising harmonics and devious little samples."

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    I've posted this in a separate thread but just in case there are people who haven't seen that, this qualifies for the new music thread:
    Thanks!
    Tom

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I think I've posted this guy's stuff on here before, if not in this very thread. This is all kinds of good.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• Braekz

• Grandfather said:
    Braekz

i've got this without the bells. holler.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    local fare

excited about the new primitive world on obsession that's forthcoming - here's a older (but still "new music") tune

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    São Paulo hip-hop group Elo da Corrente just put out a new album, featuring arrangements* by none other than the one Arthur Verocai:

I am le feeling it.

*pretty sure it's arrangements, the stuff I've read hasn't explained anything beyond mentioning his participation in the album (although one blog says it was arrangements on two tracks and conducting a 10-piece orchestra (but then again the indie music press down here is not exactly good at reporting information (but I did see that Verocai is playing with them on their tour)))

tell me this is the one deej??

(dude is on anticon. sounds like he should be on warp or rephlex.)

Duderonomy said:

:feelin it:

• John Pain & Egadz released their second 10" on Luana Records. Monstrous drums with miscellaneous instrumentation and plenty of analog electronics. To be lazy I'm going to use the likes of Mr. Chop and MHE/MRR-ADM as reference, but they're not really all that similar.

The last track Supafly is nice:

Read full review of Give 2 U - Huxley on Boomkat.com ©

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Going out on a limb ...but i bet a few people on here would be into this.

• Nice!

Just watched the Sonic Highways episode about Washington DC, so this is timely.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Not sure about the beat but everything else here is golden as far as i'm concerned.

That Rascal video is sick!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    That Rascal video is sick!

+1.

Loving t3h Raascal.

"Dirtee Disco" also a fave at casa J i m s t e r. Beer-budget-with-a-champagne-taste-R.

Jacobwizzle-R

Feelin' the Tuxedo track.

Kop a load of this. Early '90s rave flier references aplenty (Fantasia, Dreamscape etc). Like the Dizzee, not sure the track is as good as the visuals.

• Yoooo I didn't know Jake had anything to do with that Tuxedo track... I saw a quick clip of it somewhere in a media feed. I'm feeling the vibe but this needed to come out in the summer!! lol

That Dusky track reminds me of everything I didn't like about that period of music. Not feeling it at all.

Floating Points back on form:

Oh my gosh, more farhkin' Jungle!

• Duderonomy said:

Such a great tune, this one.

neil_something said:
    Duderonomy said:

Such a great tune, this one.