The combat jack show

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
Anybody else listen to this podcast? The most recent one with Ice T is incredible. The one with chuck d was incredible as well. And there was one with bun b and maseo from de la that was great too. They are hit or miss but when they hit... So great.

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    yeah, i have been listening intermittently ever since he made the jump from doing pieces for unkut (or was it bol's site? i can't even remember anymore...).

the caliber of guests has really taken off in the last year or so. haven't heard the recent interviews you mentioned, but off the top, the russell simmons, damon dash and busta rhymes eps are good.

• Essential listening.
    Some of my favourite episodes are with the people behind the scenes and not the big stars..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Everyone knows THIS is the really realness.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    frenzie said:
    Essential listening.
    Some of my favourite episodes are with the people behind the scenes and not the big stars..

Can you recommend some to czech?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Okem said:
    Everyone knows THIS is the really realness.

Haha he talked about doing that book in the interview. Hilarious. Seriously the ice t interview is one of the best I've ever heard.

• D-Nice episode is great, Common also.
    Between Combat Jack and Juan Epstein they are the two best podcast for hiphop nerds like myself.

• ketan said:
    frenzie said:
    Essential listening.

Can you recommend some to czech?

Off top these were the most memorable - DJ Clark Kent, Young Guru, Maino, Just Blaze/Primo. Some of the 2011 ones are dope too with no guests, just Combat + Dallas etc.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Co-sign Combat Jack in general and the Ice-T one in particular. Ice is definitely that dude...his stories are so dope. Tons of respect for that guy.