Racestrut: Celebrity Vs. Racial Profiling

13»

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    breaking the law and refusing to produce ID after breaking the law is part of her experience as a black woman? that's pretty fucking racist man

i'm saying that our social identity shapes our cumulative experience in life and leads us to make different meanings out of comparable situations. yes, it does imply that people of different races (and sexual orientations, and genders, and ages, and abilities, and income levels, etc etc etc) perceive the world and interpret phenomena in different ways.

Wikipedia suggests that racism consists of both prejudice and discrimination based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. I didn't say anything about biological differences, and while I may be pre-judging people of different social identities, there certainly wasn't any discrimination on evidence (Wikipedia: "denial of social participation and human rights").

So, I don't think you know what racism is man.

PatrickCrazy - if you're genuinely interested in learning why what I'm saying is not racist, you should read up on Kimberle Crenshaw's notion of Intersectionality. She's actually a lawyer (you are too, no?).

https://law.ucla.edu/faculty/faculty-profiles/kimberle-w-crenshaw/

This isn't the only/best entry point, but it's what I could find quickly:

http://socialdifference.columbia.edu/files/socialdiff/projects/Article__Mapping_the_Margins_by_Kimblere_Crenshaw.pdf

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    breaking the law and refusing to produce ID after breaking the law is part of her experience as a black woman? that's pretty fucking racist man

Why wasnt she arrested or fined for "breaking the law"?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ketan said:
    PatrickCrazy - if you're genuinely interested in learning why what I'm saying is not racist, you should read up on Kimberle Crenshaw's notion of Intersectionality. She's actually a lawyer (you are too, no?).

http://socialdifference.columbia.edu/files/socialdiff/projects/Article__Mapping_the_Margins_by_Kimblere_Crenshaw.pdf
    i was just fucking with you man, lighten up

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

idk man, i wasn't part of the police force on the scene.

i saw a car blocking traffic yesterday and the cop waved them off rather than ticketing them. idk why, not sure what was going through their head. pretty sure it happens quite a bit though

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

idk man, i wasn't part of the police force on the scene.

i saw a car blocking traffic yesterday and the cop waved them off rather than ticketing them. idk why, not sure what was going through their head. pretty sure it happens quite a bit though

"There was an indication on the radio call that a male white and female black were involved in a sexual act inside a Mercedes with the vehicle door open," Officer Sally Madera said. "Two people were briefly detained, but it was revealed no crime had been committed."

it was revealed no crime had been committed

it was revealed no crime had been committed

No law was broken before the ID shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont trust police statements bro

PatrickCrazy said:
    was just fucking with you man, lighten up

oh, cool. i didn't notice the sarcasm.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    ketan said:

i was just fucking with you man, lighten up

exposed as a fraud yet again.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    ketan said:

i was just fucking with you man, lighten

exposed as fraud yet again.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    so what, this entire racist neighborhood saw an interracial couple holding hands, became completely outraged, and decided to all call the cops together?

You seemed shocked that stuff like this happens...

Never seen any reports of gay people kissing in public? Cops being called?

I was once in a mall food court where mall security was called because someone complained two guys were acting like sex freaks. In truth they were holding hands and kissed once or twice. Mall security showed up and wished them all the best and left.

DOR said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    so what, this entire racist neighborhood saw an interracial couple holding hands, became completely outraged, and decided to all call the cops together?

I was once in a mall food court where mall security was called because someone complained two guys were acting like sex freaks. In truth they were holding hands and kissed once or twice. Mall security showed up and wished them all the best and left.

chill, bro. i think he was being sarcastic.

• ketan said:
    DOR said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

chill, bro. i think he was being sarcastic.

what i personally like to do is say hypersensitive reactionary things on the internet and then waffle on it when someone calls me out.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vintageinfants posting pattern

run into a thread to talk some shit
    post some gif a 12 year old made
    talk some more shit

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    BAN

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

fixed

• PatrickCrazy said:
    i dont trust police statements bro

You only trust klan members.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

talk some more shit

Bro, VI has a spine and a sense of humour.

Your political posts tend toward passive aggression, or you blow them off when called out (ayo!) with a simple "chill bro, I was kidding bro"

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:
    Guzzo said:

He was implicted.

I'm loving this new word.

Agreed. It is most cromulent.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    parallax said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

talk some more shit

Bro, VI has a spine and a sense of humour.

Your political posts tend toward passive aggression, or you blow them off when called out (ayo!) with a simple "chill bro, I was kidding bro"
    passive aggression? i call out bullshit and speak my mind. kind of the opposite.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/listen-full-audio-actress-daniele-watts-detained-revealed-article-1.1945027

I know my rights  I played a cop on TV, and I know when somebody asks for your ID, youre not required to give it, actress Daniele Watts tells two officers in new audio that captured the emotional moments after she was cuffed.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    passive aggression? i call out bullshit and speak my mind. kind of the opposite.

It's like our own private no spin zone - let's do it live, bro!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Unherd said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

It's like our own private no spin zone - let's do it live, bro!
    sure, what do you want to talk about man