Smiling Young White People Make App for Avoiding Black Neighborhoods

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Herm said:
    This thread is hilarious.

But seriously though, white dudes get offended over "whitey?" For reals?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This white dude gets just as offended when he hears anything even mildly racist about people who are NOT white. So if one of my white friends said something about Latinos, for example, he would be checked.

b/w

I am NOT representive of ALL white people, Herm. So no, "white dudes" don't get offended. Just me in this case.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    So hard being white. I mean omg sometimes I get called whitey and it's times like this I think how much easier life would be if I were anything but white. It's like... Minority people think it's ok to call names and like, doesn't my sadness mean anything to them?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It's not like I personally owned slaves, right? So we all good now right?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Honest Question parallax:

Why do you suppose nobody but you gives a shit that batman said whitey?

Why do you suppose nobody cares that you're offended?

How no white people are rushing to your defense right now? How come no non white people are sticking up for you and saying "yeah that's racist!"

Why do you suppose that is?

Gary said:

How no white people are rushing to your defense right now? How come no non white people are sticking up for you and saying "yeah that's racist!"

A few things.

1) I'm not waiting for people to rush to my defense. I am not representative of ALL white people (cue "you can say THAT again!"). I know most (if not all) whites on this board are not offended by "whitey".

2) I'm keenly aware of the social capital I inherited for simply being white, and I'm not comfortable with it because I know the history behind it.

3) I wish the world was post-racial, and my part in seeing that is by being anti-racist. You can't get beyond racism by excluding any "race", including whites. Yes, I understand the colonial history and attending misery that white people foisted upon the world. So how do we move past that? By staying in the past? I prefer to live out in my actions the future I wish to see while honouring the realities occupied by others...just not at the expense of excluding groups.

It wasn't that long ago that "no homo" was acceptable and funny. Why do you think, Gary, that term went away as passable and has in some measure brought us all closer? How about "retard": Why did that go away, and how has it brought people closer?

I respectfully challenge ALL Strutters to move beyond using racial descriptors to see how your perspective shifts. It can't be anything but positive.

All that said, you certainly have a right to hold an opinion and a philosophy that is counter to mine. But again, I challenge you to lose your tolerance for racial descriptors, particularly when they're derogatory.

• Don't fall for the bs

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Gary said:

Smiling Young White People Make App for Avoiding Black Neighborhoods

• bassie said:
    There is too much to do in the real world with like-minded people to make things better than to fight it out here.

Talk about White People Problems.

At it's very meanest this place is about as grim as a supervised Montessori playground when there's a missing cookie.

It's just words and silliness. No one is losing any teeth, even when they get imaginary kicks to the head.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lmho!!
    I've gone from darkie to White People Problems

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts
    bassie said:
    lmho!!

:-P
    (sorry, couldn't resist, tongue firmly in cheek)

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I can chime in to say that Batmon has more than once referred to me in reference to my screen name as "whitey" when it's clearly a reference to the beverage visÔÇô├áÔÇôvis a tip of the cap to the favored shirt of many in the warmer months. Dude is a provocateur! However, if this website was a "white tee," it'd definitely be tattered, yellow-stained armpits. Perhaps it's time?

Didn't parallax used to sign off each of his posts with "kindly"? We've come so far!

bassie said:
    lmho!!

I'm glad you have decided to stay.

• How much for you to go away ?

• toilet pupÔäó (@stevecoy)
    8/4/14, 9:36 PM
    #WarOnWhites MAJOR: Sirthe kale fieldsburnt to the ground.
    GENERAL: And the quinoa?
    MAJOR: Sir, I...
    GENERAL: War makes beasts of us all

• Your girl looks like Ray Kelly.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Tsk tsk too predictable.

TRY HARDER

• It's true I am not trying hard. I am not concerned. You are still trying. Keep on pushing!

PS your girl looks like Curtis Mayfield.

• parallax said:
    I wish the world was post-racial

Then you have clearly done enough. The planet thanks you for your efforts.

• an unarmed 17 year old in Missouri was gunned down in the street by police earlier today and left for four hours. Then the police came in with k9 and riot gear to control the "angry mob"

guess what race.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    RAJ...thanx for the forum.

The bar has been infiltrtated by newjacks who dont get the game.

They can only work off the the distintergrating ideals built here, but they cant make any improvements.

These new kids dont have the imagination to draw their peers to build on the conversations that SS built.

Shut this shit down......get out before your brand is tainted.

Thank U.

hogginthefogg said:
    parallax said:
    I wish the world was post-racial

Then you have clearly done enough. The planet thanks you for your efforts.

And what exactly do you do, my bald hipster friend, that makes you superior?

• I'm out. This shit is beyond saving.

PS your girl looks like Dennis Eckersley.

• It's a shame you're not a journalist, that lede has potential.

PS your girl looks like Walter Cronkite.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    40's are on me!

• guy who selects username "battyboy420" bemoans usage of 'whitey' and other harmless terms on internet, traffic and weather together on the 10s

ps. your girl looks like clint howard

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    App seems unsurprising, unfortunately.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:

It works!

• Battyboy420 said:
    I won! I beat soulstrut. Props to Zach G for doing this first and being an inspiration.