The Official Soul Strut Skateboard Thread

13»

Comments

• KidProcrass said:
    BeatChemist said:
    I am pretty geeky with the Skate. series of video games... to the point where I live out my fantasies of making skate videos:

Clown if you like. But the most fun I've ever had with video games is when I'm filming tricks in Skate.

This just blew my mind! Im not a video game guy but i play skate 3 on the weekly and for some reason never delved into the filming part of the game. All that is about to change! Why is my favorite, the music just gives it such a dope vibe.

if this clip had had a fisheye shot, a close-up of a gnarly scrape and quick clip of a cop writing a ticket i wouldn't have even known that what i was watching was a video game.

awesome.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I've tried that special filming business in skate 3 and it's not easy. That video is well done. Skating and filming.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    haha thanks for the bump J*el!

I really enjoyed putting all of those videos together. Used to be part of a scene on another message board. Some people got really deep into it and would put together teams and whole 30 minute long skate videos featuring 4 or 5 skaters. Full intros, credits, etc. I never got that into it. Just loved using my editing chops to hack together some clips. I've got a couple more in the works. Don't play games nearly as much as I used to. But I have a lot of footage piled up.

There are some good tutorials on youtube for getting the most out of the in-game replay cameras. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    this kid is just infucking sane and still has tons of style

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    you don't need pads or a helmet when your balls are this large

• Thanks for posting those Kala. I saw the first one a few months back at this guys house and have been looking for it ever since. He/s gotta be the most exciting guy to watch in years if not decades. The size of these rails and gaps is just insane.. not sure how long his body will be able to keep up with him tho..

• that "possessed to skate" won 'part of the year' in 2013. kid is just a beast.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Encino Man : Alternative Ending

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    I spent my childhood and teenage years in roller skates but for some strange reason always felt really uncomfortable on a skateboard back then.
    A few years ago when I was living in LA I took the rubbish out and found a well worn but intact board in the dumpster. It was calling me and I gave it a second live
    I don't do any tricks (which might be the sensible choice in my mid 40s) but at least I now feel comfortable going downhill.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I watch all the big video parts i hear about on the web. Kyle Walker has become one of my all-time favorites with this http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/vans-no-other-way-video/

skateboarding continues to be the greatest thing humans have created.