Help 180 Proof Bring Strata Records To The People

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited July 2014 in Strut Central
Dear friends, family and fans i have started a campaign to dedicated to help 180 Proof Records restore Strata Records Masters To Their Former Glory! Your support is greatly needed so that we can continue to to release this treasure trove of released and unreleased recordings. We???re asking for your help, so we can keep putting out these quality releases, and we would appreciate your support at this time.

There are a few ways that you can support 180 Proof.

If you are planning to buy our newest release, Maulawi Orotunds, but have been waiting (understandably) until it???s ready to ship, please don???t wait! You can help us get to that point much sooner by ordering as soon as you can. Your trust and support is deeply appreciated. You can order it (and/or all available past releases and special collectors bundles here http://180-proof.com/collections/all). I will reduce the goal amount based on orders that come in.

If you don???t want the album, but just want to support 180 Proof, feel free to donate what you can via this campaign. No amount is too small (or too large!). Either way, know that your money is going to the cause of sharing amazing, otherwise lost musical treasures with the world, which is my passion.

Feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested.

Thank you for reading,

Amir Abdullah

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Michael Jackson popcorn

• Battyboy420 said:
    Oh man. You need to raise money to get your ass back in English class. You flubbed the first sentence and most of your paragraph thereafter. Did anyone else cringe when he wrote fans? You are a local or at best regional DJ, you think you have fans?

I also find it funny that you acknowledge that someone may be waiting to buy a release (until it's ready to ship) and then you say to just buy it anyway? Okay, so let's just give you money before anything is made or there is any assurance that a product will be delivered.

What happened to the bizarre strata east advocate who came on here claiming that try owned the rights while making an ass of themselves in what they thought it was worth?

Ok I may have 'flubbed the first paragraph in terms of grammar but obviously you understand what I am trying to accomplish. While i acknowledge that people maybe waiting to buy a release, I only do that as an option because there are people that understandably do that. I am not sure about the person who claimed that they own the rights to strata eats records but I'm speaking about Strata Records, Inc.

Lastly, I am asking people to help a label that is dedicated to keeping good music and culture be able continue to do so.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    #1 post is an attack on a legend.
    Who is this?

• Battyboy420 said:

What happened to the bizarre strata east advocate who came on here claiming that try owned the rights while making an ass of themselves in what they thought it was worth?

Your thinking about black jazz..

Battyboy420 said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Who is this?

Legend to a debatably obsolete hip hop listening and record collecting Internet forum.

And who are you that your opinion is so important?
    Are you a legend on a "debatably" important vaporwave listening and mp3 collecting internet forum?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Do we still play Little Dude Bingo on here? If so, this is probably the fastest from-registration line I've ever seen. To wit;

i) Attempts to trash acknowledged Big Dude with first post on the basis of B.D.'s grammar
    ii) Confuses Strata with Strata-East
    iii) Continues to confuse Strata with Strata-East, even after it's pointed out that the latter isn't even under discussion.
    iv) Confuses Black Jazz with Strata-East
    v) Creates drive-by troll alias in order to impugn aforementioned B.D. under cover of anonymity
    vi) Names drive-by troll alias "Battyboy420"

Outstanding work. Did I miss anything?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Yes.

vii) spells 'favours' as 'favors'.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    of course it's doloyeung v2.0

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    Yes.

vii) spells 'favours' as 'favors'.

Well played, that man.

• You sound like you need a friend.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    KidProcrass said:
    You sound like you need a friend.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Hot damn, this is amazing.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Dude's name is Battyboy420. He calls out Amir. He calls out Frank. He spells "favour" incorrectly...

This thread has potential.

• Battyboy420 said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Who is this?

Legend to a debatably obsolete hip hop listening and record collecting Internet forum.

• Battyboy420 said:
    Oh man. You need to raise money to get your ass back in English class. You flubbed the first sentence and most of your paragraph thereafter. Did anyone else cringe when he wrote fans? You are a local or at best regional DJ, you think you have fans?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    To each their own, but I really don't get the idea of "donating" money to a business.

b/w

Investors.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    I don't normally pre-order, but I would consider it for a bloke like Amir and the fact that I think this project is great.

I am confused though, as previously the Maulawi was sold out, but now it's not?

and Battyboy, if you find this music tepid just take your fucking oar out of it. nobody wants your worthless opinion, especially after that needless contribution to this thread

Harvey - know what you mean, but in a pre-order case like this, doesn't the credit card company kind of protect the buyer if something fails to materialise?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rishan said:

Harvey - know what you mean, but in a pre-order case like this, doesn't the credit card company kind of protect the buyer if something fails to materialise?

Pre-order is fine. I was just addressing the donation drive. And granted, 180 Proof is hardly the only business out there doing such a thing nowadays. No problem with people deciding to donate. That's their free will at play. I just don't get the concept myself. Too many people/animals/environments actually suffering out there for the idea of donations to now apply to capitalist business ventures.

• I am not sure how this thread became what it is now but all I am trying to do is reach out to our community of music lovers and ask for their help. For some of you on here that are label owners or small business owners know that it is extremely difficult to continue to do good work. For me to continue to present the Strata catalog in the high quality manner that I have then I need the support of people not just on soulstrut but also worldwide. So once again, I am asking help in raising money so that I can continue to restore the Strata catalog.

sincerely,
    amir

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    The tune on the video for the kickstarter is great - is this one of the tracks you'll be re-issuing?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Man the internet can be a weird place sometimes.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Battyboy420 said:

Frank come to his defense so people do not get suspicious, simultaneously you can win back some of your character points.

I just made dismissive comments about dead children while using vulgar language. Does this give you an adequate impression about my concern regarding "character points"?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Here's the scoop on batboy:

1) attacks Amir
    2) attacks Frank
    3) attacks Thes (in another thread)

So basically he's bitter at dudes who are high up in the record game. He's sore that dudes are getting paid by playing, pressing, and selling records.

He's mad that these dudes have excelled at turning a hobby into a way of life, while he wonders how he'll ever get out of debt as the window of time closes on whatever sad dream he is too scared or inept to follow.

Don't hate. Get better.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is the Doc Delay stalker from Brooklyn?

IP: 72.229.216.49
    Decimal: 1223022641
    Hostname: cpe-72-229-216-49.nyc.res.rr.com
    ISP: Time Warner Cable
    Organization: Time Warner Cable

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    with all due respect to the parties involved.. i am pretty sure battyboy thinks amir is making a killing on these strata releases and does not realize that he's is putting out the records for the love of the music, not to get rich, and with hopes of maybe at most to break even, so any support is very helpfull.. regarding the track on kickstarter, yeah its tune for LN by larry nozero, pretty sure its been reissued too

• maybe Toyota Scion should fund this?

• I cannot stress enough how important making a donation no matter how small or large to my campaign will help @180proofrecords continue to not only stay in business but also help the archival and restoration work of the Strata catalog. I'm asking all my friends, family and supporters of good music to not just like this link but also to donate today! No how small or large!

amir

Thank you.
    My copy shipped today.