Rap You're Liking

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    Macklemore gave you a shout out? Is your family even Jamaican?
    His July 4 song is...there's jut no words.
    He's like the Robin Thicke of pop rap - no self-awareness of his terribleness.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/77478/

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    satanic is Macklemore?
    Is it possible to have a :hayek: you don't want? Bring back John Lurie!

Hey, Miley Cyrus' Haircut! You need to stop!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    bassie said:
    Miley Cyrus' Haircut!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    ***deleted***

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    trying not to be cynical but I'm getting lightweight excited for the new Common shit.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    trying not to be cynical but I'm getting lightweight excited for the new Common shit.

yeah its good (shock!)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I think O-Dub poasted a yootoob of this song waaaaaaaay back, and I'd always hoped it would get a vinyl release. Never happened as far as I know... but there's a 320 DL on soundcloud!

Jonny_Paycheck said:

/ This and Vince Staples track - Kingdom - I can sit through.

The 'Diamonds' track he did with Big Sean came on a mixtape and I thought, "This is what the supposed decline of rap sounds like right here."

:roar:

I'm an Ace Hood fan, it's true.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm not, but I love that beat. Sounds kinda like an updated "Tried By 12"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    this is doing it for me

• Seq_OneSeq_One 11 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ^^^ THE BOY IS BACK IN TOWN.

:beerbang:

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I'm really loving the free download Lord Finesse instrumental album & EP samplers over here:

http://soundcloud.com/slice-of-spice/sets/lord-finesse-the-sp1200

Perfect for drowning out the chatter of co-workers.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

amazing track, love that az in the hook, the beat has a bcc vibe to it, no coincidence buckwild appears in the video. Looking forward to the album now but i need a 12 of this...

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    staxwax said:

amazing track, love that az in the hook, the beat has a bcc vibe to it, no coincidence buckwild appears in the video. Looking forward to the album now but i need a 12 of this...

I love it...makes me wanna go back to New York.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i'm normally not into the throwback stuff, but i like that statik selektah joint.

this has been on repeat since it dropped - anyone heard more of the mass appeal comp?

• New Diamond District w/ Oddisee on the beat.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

:latte: ?

With all the hype building about Lil Bibby it seems like a good time for Lil Herb to have a remix with Common and Chance appear. The Lil Bibby mixtape sounds like it's going to be good but from a rapping point of view Herb is still leagues ahead (and the Common and Chance version is still better).

ketan said:
    i'm normally not into the throwback stuff, but i like that statik selektah joint.

this has been on repeat since it dropped - anyone heard more of the mass appeal comp?

Not yet but I'm a fan of this track. Did the Strut ever embrace Thugga in my absence or did he go straight from "what is this shit?" to over exposure and dismissal?

Speaking of not being into throwback stuff or Statik Selektah but liking a track despite yourself, this is arguably better than anything on Ab-Soul's actual album and has the bonus of being about Max B.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Junior said:
    Did the Strut ever embrace Thugga in my absence or did he go straight from "what is this shit?" to over exposure and dismissal?

Speaking of not being into throwback stuff or Statik Selektah but liking a track despite yourself, this is arguably better than anything on Ab-Soul's actual album and has the bonus of being about Max B.

^Like it. Yeah, I'm a big Ab fan but the album was milk/toast. I like some of the songs enough, but there were very few jaw-dropping moments.

I posted the YT track with TI earlier in the summer and it was crickets, so I don't think the Strut doth ride. These have also endured in the phone ...

But he's one of those artists that I just have a hard time keeping track of - what else is nice?

ketan said:

I posted the YT track with TI earlier in the summer and it was crickets, so I don't think the Strut doth ride. These have also endured in the phone ...

But he's one of those artists that I just have a hard time keeping track of - what else is nice?

Yes! Treasure is so, so good. I don't think I've stopped revisiting that since I first heard it. I'm guessing you know all the Bloody Jay stuff on Black Portland? Apart from that, am also struggling to keep up with the market being flooded with all the old Gucci stuff among all the new guest verses.

However, keeping an eye on the Metro Boomin collab stuff and excited about the actual new new stuff coming out soon: